Movie script

Jun 16, 2008 at 4:41 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
DragonBoots said:
If you don't finish this before the fall equinox, I swear I'll ram a pipe in it and use you to scare the children.
For which side of the equator? For Earth or Arctane IX? ( :D ) Seasons are open for misinterpretation on the internet.

Jun 19, 2008 at 7:12 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
First post

Um... Hi there, guys, I just finished reading this whole thread (yeah, from the VERY beginning) and I must say I like this idea. Both the script and the sequel story are great. While reading I've taken down some notes:
- Atravir, you didn't mention those two bubbles containing the lunchbox and the goth girl in the first scene. Well, I didn't notice those two on the first time watching the intro. Maybe they could be in the background, y'know, "Don't look at us, we're not here..."
- If you're gonna use that "Curly recovers from her amnesia" thing, you can have Quote remember in the sequel. They can get some information about Ballos that way...
- Blooper: When Quote falls on some spikes, they bend like they are made of rubber. You don't want your actors get injured, do you? (Yes, I AM aware of this whole Anime business.)
- Non-blooper, but could be funny: Quote carrying all nine weapons form the game and saying something like "I'm SO glad I don't have to have all these in the movie"
Well, that's all for now. Oh, and where do I get my *Polar Star*?

Jun 20, 2008 at 1:24 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
T-Jack said:
Um... Hi there, guys, I just finished reading this whole thread (yeah, from the VERY beginning)
;)

T-Jack said:
and I must say I like this idea. Both the script and the sequel story are great. While reading I've taken down some notes:
- Atravir, you didn't mention those two bubbles containing the lunchbox and the goth girl in the first scene. Well, I didn't notice those two on the first time watching the intro. Maybe they could be in the background, y'know, "Don't look at us, we're not here..."
You mean Misery (Miza) and Balrog right?

I think that scene should have just have them unoticable in the background and instead of Date (the Doctor) saying anything it should just have walking though the dark room with his footsteps echoing (no background music in this scene btw) until he stops in front of the crown. He pauses for a moment then lifts it up, a grin slowly spreading across his face. Date starts chuckling, the camera changes to behind him and then he starts laughing manically. The camera rises to the inky blackness of the roof. The screen then lowers as the laughing starts to fade out (like it is now from a distance), but it lowers onto Quote in first cave. The camera focuses on Quote's face. You hear Kazuma's voice like it is coming from a bad quality radio. Quote's eyes open. Background music doesn't start until he leaves the first room. Lighten up the next scene by throwing in some humour as Quote adjusts to his surroundings.

Can this be put in Atravir?

T-Jack said:
- If you're gonna use that "Curly recovers from her amnesia" thing, you can have Quote remember in the sequel. They can get some information about Ballos that way...
Good idea.

T-Jack said:
- Blooper: When Quote falls on some spikes, they bend like they are made of rubber. You don't want your actors get injured, do you? (Yes, I AM aware of this whole Anime business.)
- Non-blooper, but could be funny: Quote carrying all nine weapons form the game and saying something like "I'm SO glad I don't have to have all these in the movie"
Wow those are great ideas.

Jun 20, 2008 at 1:38 PM
This Troper
You mean Misery (Miza) and Balrog right?
Yep, that's them.

I think that scene should have just have them unoticable in the background
Yeah, that's what I meant. By the way, how long did it take you to notice them in the game's intro?

instead of Date (the Doctor) saying anything it should just have walking though the dark room with his footsteps echoing (no background music in this scene btw) until he stops in front of the crown. He pauses for a moment then lifts it up, a grin slowly spreading across his face. Date starts chuckling, the camera changes to behind him and then he starts laughing manically.
I think that, too, but it's already been said here somewhere (like 60, 80 pages ago? Can't remember...).

Jun 21, 2008 at 1:02 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I'm baaaaaaack! :D

Whoa, hey, new person. Um, hi.
On the idea of the intro, I can't translate the bubbles over to the movie. Why? In the sequel Misery and Balrog are alive and well, even without the crown being worn. That would throw off the idea that Misery/Balrog are trapped in bubbles in hibernation waiting for a news crown bearer. Translation error, but the bubbles aren't really necessary for the story so it's probably not a problem.

@andwhy: Wait, didn't you disapprove the maniacal laughing I put in there originally? I actually changed the intro in the new version of the script, it has lightning effects for the scene transaction.

Jun 21, 2008 at 5:31 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
@andwhy: Wait, didn't you disapprove the maniacal laughing I put in there originally? I actually changed the intro in the new version of the script, it has lightning effects for the scene transaction.
Can't remember if I did, I remember asking for the "And so it begins" to be cut out. But what I described was the perfect way to start the movie. The dark echoing room, the transition, and it makes you ask questions about the movie which keeps people interested.

Oh and add water dripping sounds in the first room of first cave.

Can it go in? Pleeeeasse.... *begs*

Jun 21, 2008 at 7:26 AM
Guy with Sword
Everything except for the camera angles. I want my lightning effects.

Jun 21, 2008 at 12:15 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
Everything except for the camera angles. I want my lightning effects.
Fair enough.

Jun 21, 2008 at 12:26 PM
This Troper
Uh... What's scene transaction? Did you mean making the sound of thunder while the camera cuts from Doctor to Quote?

Jun 21, 2008 at 1:17 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
T-Jack said:
Uh... What's scene transaction? Did you mean making the sound of thunder while the camera cuts from Doctor to Quote?
Scene transition (not transaction). It is the method used when moving from one scene to another. Sorry I sucked at that explaination.

Jun 21, 2008 at 1:54 PM
This Troper
andwhyisit said:
Scene transition (not transaction). It is the method used when moving from one scene to another. Sorry I sucked at that explaination.
Oh, right, transition. Probably that's why Uncle Google didn't help with that one... So it's when you don't directly cut to next scene but use some sort of special effect to do it (like the bat logo in Batman). Am I right?

Also there's something that just bugs me: With all that brothers-in-arms and Professor Brace creating both robots, it seems to me that Quote and Curly really count as siblings. Enter romantic subplot...

Jun 21, 2008 at 6:43 PM
Guy with Sword
T-Jack said:
Also there's something that just bugs me: With all that brothers-in-arms and Professor Brace creating both robots, it seems to me that Quote and Curly really count as siblings. Enter romantic subplot...
They're robots, so it's not really incest. But whatever, if you wanna think about it like that...

Jun 21, 2008 at 7:16 PM
This Troper
Atravir said:
They're robots, so it's not really incest. But whatever, if you wanna think about it like that...
Well, I prefer to NOT think about it like that. It's only that it couldn't not cross my mind...

Jun 22, 2008 at 12:19 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
T-Jack said:
Oh, right, transition. Probably that's why Uncle Google didn't help with that one... So it's when you don't directly cut to next scene but use some sort of special effect to do it (like the bat logo in Batman). Am I right?
Yep. :p

Jun 22, 2008 at 12:34 AM
This Troper
andwhyisit said:
Oh, now you've reminded me... I kinda thought the transition effect from the game could be used in the movie as well. Not everywhere, of course, but some scenes could use it.

Jun 22, 2008 at 3:17 AM
Guy with Sword
JacobX891 said:
Hell, the robot that was first made could be considered the mother/father figure.

"Your mother was a welding torch and your father smelled of gasoline!"

Jun 23, 2008 at 4:58 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Oh I forgot to mention. Welcome to the Movie Script thread and this forum. We need more brainstorming around here. :rolleyes:

Jun 23, 2008 at 6:16 AM
Guy with Sword
I've been looking at some professional scripts lately, and I came to realize that I've actually been adding too much detail into the script. Too many action descriptions and excess camera angles. Oh well, it makes my job easier from here on out.

Announcement two: I've been messing with Carrara 3d studio. With the simplicity of pixel's character designs, it's actually quite plausible to make a short CGI film of Cave Story using this thing. It'd just take about ten people designing scenery and modeling characters and props, and some decent voice acting, and vuala. So find, buy, or pirate carrara and get to work. :rolleyes:

Jun 23, 2008 at 6:45 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
I've been looking at some professional scripts lately, and I came to realize that I've actually been adding too much detail into the script. Too many action descriptions and excess camera angles. Oh well, it makes my job easier from here on out.

Announcement two: I've been messing with Carrara 3d studio. With the simplicity of pixel's character designs, it's actually quite plausible to make a short CGI film of Cave Story using this thing. It'd just take about ten people designing scenery and modeling characters and props, and some decent voice acting, and vuala. So find, buy, or pirate carrara and get to work. :rolleyes:
1. But unlike other scriptwriters you would most likely be in charge of the movie as well.

2. Can we use it as the basis for the movie. CGI simplifies 2d animation, just draw the anime movie over the top of it, using the 3d models as guides. Think of the 3d models as a sketch with the 2d drawings as the final product, except on a frame-by-frame basis. Lets use subtitles until we get some proper voice acting. Basic models will much faster and will be a better contribution to a 2d anime-style movie.