Movie script

Aug 10, 2007 at 10:39 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
If you move in close enough to a target you can hit them so many times per second its not funny.

Secret said:
And this is why it always bothers me when I see someone thinking that Quote's a scout robot after what the Doctor says.
There were sent FROM the countries NOT BY the countries, enough said.

andwhyisit said:
Quote is facing an enemy and starts filling bubbles (Bubbler) with energy from the charging spur (remember what I said about Lightshow), and the bubbles start flying everywhere while controlled by the reflective properties of the whimsical stars. Quote then starts running away (aided by the booster to increase speed rather than fly), with half his super missile ammo lying near the chaos. When the whimsical stars stop, the entire area just rips apart in the resulting explosion.
Would that Lightshow explosion trick work for the final battle against Ballos?

Atravir said:
The bloodstone gives power to any who touch it, as long as they are pure of heart. Ballos could gain power before he was crazy, but now needs someone else pure of heart to get the power for him.
Shouldn't it be less the "pure of heart" and more the "uncorrupted", since sue doesn't always fit the "pure of heart" category, and Ballos was corrupted by it, and that would explain the pockets of heartstone that lie under his skin and the fact that he doesn't look human anymore.

What is the origins of the heartstone?

EDIT: Is there a name for Hildas race/species/whatever?

Aug 10, 2007 at 11:17 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
andwhyisit said:
If you move in close enough to a target you can hit them so many times per second its not funny.

And swords are made for close combat

If it was possible to have Blade lvl3 run off on its own indefinitely, how would you defeat an opponent that was already dead?

Would that Lightshow explosion trick work for the final battle against Ballos?

Shouldn't it be less the "pure of heart" and more the "uncorrupted", since sue doesn't always fit the "pure of heart" category, and Ballos was corrupted by it, and that would explain the pockets of heartstone that lie under his skin and the fact that he doesn't look human anymore.

What is the origins of the heartstone?

EDIT: Is there a name for Hildas race/species/whatever?

Don't take the english translation at face value, especially such vague expressions as from and by.

Also, we don't know anything about the previoous crown bearers except that Quote and Curly fought against the third bearer and they all weren't human.

Aug 11, 2007 at 12:25 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
As opposed to, "from the surface," which would be the expected expression, enough said.

Aug 11, 2007 at 3:43 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Garbeld said:
As opposed to, "from the surface," which would be the expected expression, enough said.

From the Countries/surface makes the most sense, no-one would share any information about the crown to someone else, or they may betray you and seek out the demon crown for themselves, now think of this amongst the half of the population.

And of course why would they leave you alive to interfere down the track.

Most likely only a very few would have known about the secret, and only those with the resources to obtain the crown would live long enough to TAKE OVER THE EARTH WITH FRENZIED MIMIGAS.

Aug 11, 2007 at 7:55 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
From the Countries/surface makes the most sense, no-one would share any information about the crown to someone else, or they may betray you and seek out the demon crown for themselves, now think of this amongst the half of the population.

And of course why would they leave you alive to interfere down the track.

Most likely only a very few would have known about the secret, and only those with the resources to obtain the crown would live long enough to TAKE OVER THE EARTH WITH FRENZIED MIMIGAS.
To be honest, I'm not really paying much attention to what you guys are discussing other than that he said he thought something had been said, which indeed had been said. =P

Aug 11, 2007 at 10:57 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
For the purpose of the movie, the robots were sent by countries. Remember, this is a 'creative interpretation' of Cave Story. It's how the writer interprets it.

To andwhyisit:

It's BLOODSTONE, not HEARTSTONE. Heart sounds too nice for something that grants supernatural powers of destruction. And Sue is, as far as most mortals can go, pure of heart. She's a good person deep down, although somewhat rough around the edges.

Aug 11, 2007 at 11:23 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Deleted Original Message

EDIT: Sorry Atravir, I started writing this before you posted

Atravir said:
For the purpose of the movie, the robots were sent by countries. Remember, this is a 'creative interpretation' of Cave Story. It's how the writer interprets it.

To andwhyisit:

It's BLOODSTONE, not HEARTSTONE. Heart sounds too nice for something that grants supernatural powers of destruction. And Sue is, as far as most mortals can go, pure of heart. She's a good person deep down, although somewhat rough around the edges.
Sorry, I meant bloodstone, my bad.

Aug 12, 2007 at 2:22 AM
Guy with Sword
Oh, I just remembered, for the sequel I also need a name for Kazuma's Sky Dragon. He keeps it as a pet.

"Sukai" is Japanese for 'sky', just a thought.

Aug 12, 2007 at 2:38 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Atravir said:
Oh, I just remembered, for the sequel I also need a name for Kazuma's Sky Dragon. He keeps it as a pet.

No, Sukai is just a transcription of "sky" with kana.
Sora is sky in Japanese.

Aug 12, 2007 at 2:38 AM
Guy with Sword
My bad. Crappy internet translation. :D

Aug 12, 2007 at 3:05 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Aug 12, 2007 at 3:29 AM
Guy with Sword
Awesome! There are some nice ones in here. Thanks. :D

Aug 12, 2007 at 4:16 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:

What is the Japanese word for "Freedom", since that would be a perfect name for the dragon, because that was what the skydragon represented at the time.

Aug 12, 2007 at 4:28 AM
Guy with Sword
andwhyisit said:
What is the Japanese word for "Freedom", since that would be a perfect name for the dragon.

Jiyuu, Furi-damu, or Fuki. One of them, I think.

Hmm, Fuki. I like that... :D

Aug 12, 2007 at 6:43 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
andwhyisit said:
http://shachinobu.zukyun.jp/mus/game/doukutu.html
Some Cave Story Remixs/Covers by Shachinobu.
These will sound great in the movie, better than Remix Project for the job it needs to do.
He... made Balrog's theme sound good. o.o
*worship*
On a more related topic, original music would probably be best, anyways.

Aug 12, 2007 at 8:02 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
It wasn't that hard to find, I just clicked on "Studio Pixel Fanpage" in the links section of the tribute site and looked at the bottom of the resulting page where the following was written:
Rather spectacular MP3 covers of Cave Story by Shachinobu.

Also on another note, I have an Avatar now yay!

Garbeld said:
He... made Balrog's theme sound good. o.o
*worship*
On a more related topic, original music would probably be best, anyways.
Some original music couldn't hurt, but it needs to sound like cave story, so you can distribute the cave story covers/remixes and some new music thoughout the movie if needs be.

Personally I like the idea of covers/remixes all the way and create some new covers/remixes if some of the ones we have don't seem to fit.

The only song amongst those 5 that would not work with the movie was rk-dmapp.mp3 (The music played during the fight against Undead Core) which can be replaced by the one for Remix Project (Almost There by RushJet1) anyway.

Aug 12, 2007 at 10:20 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
andwhyisit said:
It wasn't that hard to find, I just clicked on "Studio Pixel Fanpage" in the links section of the tribute site and looked at the bottom of the resulting page where the following was written:
Rather spectacular MP3 covers of Cave Story by Shachinobu.

Also on another note, I have an Avatar now yay!

Some original music couldn't hurt, but it needs to sound like cave story, so you can distribute the cave story covers/remixes and some new music thoughout the movie if needs be.

Personally I like the idea of covers/remixes all the way and create some new covers/remixes if some of the ones we have don't seem to fit.

The only song amongst those 5 that would not work with the movie was rk-dmapp.mp3 (The music played during the fight against Undead Core) which can be replaced by the one for Remix Project (Almost There by RushJet1) anyway.
You make it sound like evry boss needs a boss playing throughout.

Aug 12, 2007 at 8:08 PM
Guy with Sword
Original music would be great, but only if it had the same basic melodies of Cave Story. I agree with andwhyisit, remixes would most likely be the best.

Oh, since adding Chaba and providing reason why he or the Gaudis around him didn't attack Quote was too much of a hassle, I had Curly find the Snake and give it to Quote. In the movie, Curly accompanies Quote immediately after meeting him in the clinic.

Also the Monster X battle is more like "HOLY CRAP RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!" :D

Oh, and awesome avatar, andwhyisit!

EDIT: For some reason I put 'sequel' instead of 'movie' in the 2nd paragraph. No idea why, but I fixed it.

Aug 13, 2007 at 1:18 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
Oh, since adding Chaba and providing reason why he or the Gaudis around him didn't attack Quote was too much of a hassle, I had Curly find the Snake and give it to Quote. In the sequel, Curly accompanies Quote immediately after meeting him in the clinic.
1. Quote could extract it from Monster X's weaponry after it is destroyed.
2. Why Curly? It doesn't feel right.
3. Sequel? huh what? Wouldn't that be in the first movie?
4. You could make it that the Chaba have been becoming slowly insane, and associate that with Ballos later down the track, then have the wild Chaba regain their senses after Ballos gains the power of the bloodstone through Sue, and loses control of the link with the Chaba that kept him sane.
Even the sane Chaba had to fight of their wild brethren.
Make it that the insanity thing with the Chaba was recent.
And don't forget that Chaba have a liking for Mimiga flesh, so try to have that resolved at the end of the movie so that the Chaba would stop trying to eat mimiga.
5. Curly still needs time to heal, but you can just flip though a few small scenes of the healing process.

Atravir said:
Oh, and awesome avatar, andwhyisit!
Yay! I made it myself, glad you like it.
It's the reason why I think Bubbler and Spur go together.

Aug 13, 2007 at 1:27 AM
Guy with Sword
andwhyisit said:
1. Quote could extract it from Monster X's weaponry after it is destroyed.
2. Why Curly? It doesn't feel right.
3. Sequel? huh what? Wouldn't that be in the first movie?
4. You could make it that the Chaba have been becoming slowly insane, and associate that with Ballos later down the track, then have the wild Chaba regain their senses after Ballos gains the power of the bloodstone through Sue, and loses control of the link with the Chaba that kept him sane.
Even the sane Chaba had to fight of their wild brethren.
Make it that the insanity thing with the Chaba was recent.
And don't forget that Chaba have a liking for Mimiga flesh, so try to have that resolved at the end of the movie so that the Chaba would stop trying to eat mimiga.
5. Curly still needs time to heal, but you can just flip though a few small scenes of the healing process.

1-2. In the movie, Curly got it off of a Gaudi. So, in theory, she could have gotten it off of Chaba, but the point is, she gives it to Quote.
3. Sorry, I don't know why I put that. I'll edit it. In the MOVIE Curly accompanies him, and so on. I think I'm just used to putting 'in the sequel'.
4. That would also be another character I would have to make get out of the island. Is Chaba really that important?
5. She got beat up by Misery, but she's a robot, and Quote gets banged up all of the time and he's fine. Also, there's a longer time lapse in the movie, Curly is basically healed by the time Quote gets there.

I never got how medicine helps treat a robot. What was the point of the cure-all?