Movie script

Aug 8, 2007 at 3:30 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
King finishes off the doctor's sub-human form. Read below.

Cthulthus? Not sure yet, probably. I need to go back and add them in.

As for Pa Mignon, probably not. He's an eatable character, and although you can get away with that in a game, in a movie, you can't just eat a talking character. Unless you're South Park. :rolleyes:

A piece of script, for those who are anxious...

Script excerpt:

King turns to Quote. He nods, a trace of a smile on his face.
Cut to: Quote, Curly standing behind him. Quote smiles and nods back, but Curly stares in awe.
Cut to: Full shot of King. He slowly fades away in a cloud of glittering smoke.
Cut to: Mid shot of the two robots. Curly speaks to Quote, but still stares where King was.
Curly: Was...was that a ghost?
There is a pause.
Quote: No. That was a friend.

End excerpt.

Quote talks to Curly various times during the movie about King, but only refers to him as a friend. Curly knows his friend died, and hearing this makes her understand.

Aug 8, 2007 at 4:22 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Atravir said:
Cthulthus? Not sure yet, probably. I need to go back and add them in.

Do a full run-through to the best ending of the game (the interactive walkthrough has the details for the normal ending, so reference that) and talk to every NPC, sign, etc. and make notes, because the interactive walkthrough doesn't give you that sort of information, and some of it is important to the story or back-story (eg. the Doctor's real name, the Cthulthu making a cryptic comment about his true nature, Kazuma's comment about Quote being well built for a robot, etc).

And an important question:
Is there a link between Pooh Black and Balrog?
Because this might need to be addressed later to tie up loose ends, in the sequel, or in the first movie.

Aug 9, 2007 at 1:39 AM
Guy with Sword
andwhyisit said:
Do a full run-through to the best ending of the game (the interactive walkthough has the details for the normal endind, so reference that) and talk to every NPC, sign, etc. and make notes, because the interactive walkthough doesn't give you that sort of information, and some of it is important to the story or back-story (eg. the Doctor's real name, the Cthulthu making a cryptic comment about his true nature, Kazuma's comment about Quote being well built for a robot, etc).

And an important question:
Is there a link between Pooh Black and Balrog?
Because this might need to be addressed later to tie up loose ends, in the sequel, or in the first movie.

I have, a few times.

And like I said before, Pooh Black isn't in the movie, simply because he doesn't really have a point story-wise. I can't put all 24 bosses into one movie.

*sigh, I'm just going to put up a list of everything that is not in the movie. That will be easier.

-Ballos (except for the cliffhanger, maybe)
-Ballfrog
-Jellyfish juice
-Fireball
-Machine Gun
-Bubbler
-Pooh Black
-Twin Sisters
-Red Demon
-Ma Pignon
-Bazooka (would make things way too easy)
-Hell Run
-Nemesis (littles are still in there, somewhere)

Some other things, if I think of anything else later.

Now that that's over with...

At what level of maturity should I have the movie? PG13? It already has death, but the game itself doesn't have profanity. In the script I have damn, but only twice, and for good reason. Also, should there be blood, or should everything be either goo or robotic?

EDIT: I finally found a non-crappy avatar. :D

Aug 9, 2007 at 2:06 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Definitely no blood. Don't call me a sissy, but I just don't like blood, no matter how fake it looks.

Aug 9, 2007 at 3:33 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
I have, a few times.

And like I said before, Pooh Black isn't in the movie, simply because he doesn't really have a point story-wise. I can't put all 24 bosses into one movie.

*sigh, I'm just going to put up a list of everything that is not in the movie. That will be easier.

-Ballos (except for the cliffhanger, maybe)
-Ballfrog
-Jellyfish juice
-Fireball
-Machine Gun
-Bubbler
-Pooh Black
-Twin Sisters
-Red Demon
-Ma Pignon
-Bazooka (would make things way too easy)
-Hell Run
-Nemesis (littles are still in there, somewhere)

Some other things, if I think of anything else later.

Now that that's over with...

At what level of maturity should I have the movie? PG13? It already has death, but the game itself doesn't have profanity. In the script I have damn, but only twice, and for good reason. Also, should there be blood, or should everything be either goo or robotic?

Ballos (except for the cliffhanger, maybe)
Put the cliffhanger in, it might get more support for the sequel.
Ballfrog
You spelt Balfrog the wrong way.
Fireball
We get the snake instead, so thats okay.
Machine Gun
It is in the movie, Curly has it remember.
Bubbler
But, why? Bubbler is cool.
Pooh Black
Not as a boss, as a character, Pooh Black can be put in either movie when you need to give some backstory for Balrog.
Twin Sisters
Just have Quote sneaking around ordinary Zombie Dragons in a humorous manner.
Ma Pignon
Ma Pignon still can be an inanimate, yet hard to find, mushroom that brings back memories.
Bazooka (would make things way too easy)
Bazooka is an outdated weapon, is heavy, and takes up too much space, Quote uses futuristic weapons. The Polar Star, Spur and Machine Gun are energy weapons. Hmm.. new weapons could be introduced in the sequel, except military grade weapons that the General's soldiers (robots) use against Quote, Curly, etc. and in the attempt to get the crown.
Hundreds of robots with more advanced weaponry vs Quote and Curly, I pity those robots.
Oh and have it that the General was the one who originally sent the soldiers to retrieve the crown (those that ran into Island Core) before the first movie.
Nemesis (littles are still in there, somewhere)
That's good to know.

Have blood, but only in small wounds or grazes and in some point in the movie where Quote is losing in a fight (the fight against the doctor maybe?), otherwise I don't see any other reason to have blood in the movie. If you want to show someone dying, use the silhouette trick so that you do not see the blood and stuff, or show from a different angle.

Aug 9, 2007 at 4:33 AM
Guy with Sword
andwhyisit said:
Ballos (except for the cliffhanger, maybe)
Put the cliffhanger in, it might get more support for the sequel.
Bubbler
But, why? Bubbler is cool.
Pooh Black
Not as a boss, as a character, Pooh Black can be put in either movie when you need to give some backstory for Balrog.
Ma Pignon
Ma Pignon still can be an inanimate, yet hard to find, mushroom that brings back memories.
Oh and have it that the General was the one who originally sent the soldiers to retrieve the crown (those that ran into Island Core) before the first movie.
Have blood, but only in small wounds or grazes and in some point in the movie where Quote is losing in a fight (the fight against the doctor maybe?), otherwise I don't see any other reason to have blood in the movie. If you want to show someone dying, use the silhouette trick so that you do not see the blood and stuff, or show from a different angle.

Bubbler would require either Quote going back and rummaging through a fire place, or for me to think of another weird reason to add it in. Don't worry, he'll have plenty of weapons.

Pooh Black in the sequel? Hmm... :D

I don't want Quote detouring much. When he finds Curly in the plantation, she has regained her memory.

All countries sent robots to retrieve the crown. Or at least that was my impression.

Most of the time the blood is off-screen, or hidden. Luckily, there are only three real major deaths, King, who was struck by lightning (no blood there), Toroko (in the movie, Quote hits her on the head and she goes into a coma), and the Doctor, who explodes in red energy.

If it weren't for band, the script would probably be done by now. :(

Aug 9, 2007 at 6:32 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
Bubbler would require either Quote going back and rummaging through a fire place, or for me to think of another weird reason to add it in. Don't worry, he'll have plenty of weapons.

Like the fireplace at Chaco's place that he was already rummaging through.

Atravir said:
Pooh Black in the sequel? Hmm... :D

Yayyy!

Atravir said:
All countries sent robots to retrieve the crown. Or at least that was my impression.

Then there would have been wars over who got the crown, besides, not many people would know/believes it exists. How long has Maikid been dead for, considering that there have been only 4 crown bearers since the time when people relied on magic, lived in castles and swung swords around.

Atravir said:
Most of the time the blood is off-screen, or hidden. Luckily, there are only three real major deaths, King, who was struck by lightning (no blood there), Toroko (in the movie, Quote hits her on the head and she goes into a coma), and the Doctor, who explodes in red energy.

I was referring to any deaths/mortal wounds that may occur in the sequel.

If it weren't for band, the script would probably be done by now. :(

You are allowed to have a life too you know, we will still be here.

I still think that the ball thing with ballos (bad pun) should be a levitating shield of rock, since that be more efficient magic consumption than turning into a big rock thing, it would better in the movie too, plus there is the fact that ballos has to fly into the rock of the roof to change his form, well I think it fits, uses very little magic to create an effective shield.

The other alternative is to have him fuse with the rock and say that it has something to do with the bloodstone, since he stopped looking human ages ago.

Aug 9, 2007 at 8:20 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Awww... You could add "Pa Mignon" for humour. I've got a fanfiction planned out to cover that part. You don't have to add the fight scene. I'll post it this thread as soon as i complete it.

Aug 9, 2007 at 11:43 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Roonil Wazlib said:
Awww... You could add "Pa Mignon" for humour. I've got a fanfiction planned out to cover that part. You don't have to add the fight scene. I'll post it this thread as soon as i complete it.

To Atravir:
That is a good point, since you are not using Ma Pignon as an amnesia (or whatever) cure, you can incorporate him into the search for arthur's key quest and have him do his "are you sure you want it?" thing with arthur's key, which would fit in perfectly with the script with NO BACKTRACKING.
Voices for the movie, what will each character sound like?

To Roonil Wazlib:
Can't wait to see what you do with Ma Pignon.

To Everyone Else:
Where are you all?

Aug 9, 2007 at 1:13 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
This may solve the problem with getting an email response from pixel, tommy631 said:
ok so a few people at the cave story tribute site made a manuscript of cave story and thought to our selves "man, cave story would make a good anime movie!" what do you think?
on Pixel's BBS, to which Pixel replied:
wonderfull.
Pixel's BBS may be the best way to get in touch if you are having trouble getting an email response.

Aug 9, 2007 at 4:09 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
andwhyisit said:
This may solve the problem with getting an email response from pixel, tommy631 said:
ok so a few people at the cave story tribute site made a manuscript of cave story and thought to our selves "man, cave story would make a good anime movie!" what do you think?
on Pixel's BBS, to which Pixel replied:
wonderfull.
Pixel's BBS may be the best way to get in touch if you are having trouble getting an email response.

He only said the idea is wonderful, not the actual script :D *ninjaretreat*

Aug 9, 2007 at 7:12 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Roonil Wazlib said:
Same difference really, as long as the idea is approved of by Pixel

Shouldn't you wait until he read the script before you say he approved it?

Aug 10, 2007 at 12:39 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I am just saying that it might be a better way for Atravir to get in touch with Pixel.

From the livejournal entry here:
aaiiee said:
My advice would be to put a post on his message board and ask.

I've noticed he answers messages on his board more than his email!

He does reply to English comments too, but I don't know how easy/difficult he finds reading English. It would probably be better for him if your message was short.

When Atravir finishes the script, he should post it at the Cave Story Livejournal Community, maybe.

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:12 AM
Guy with Sword
To andwhyisit:

He doesn't rummage through the fireplace at Chaco's house. Chaco points it out, and douses the flame herself.

The countries probably did fight over the crown. Who knows? Heck, if I had an awesome fighting robot, I'd send it to get the demon crown (well, if it existed).

Although I might use the rock idea, Ballos has to transform into something demonic. I wouldn't be an epic battle if someone weren't demonic looking.

And misplacing characters is bordering a little on what I can and can't do with the story. Ma Pignon will be in the movie or sequel somewhere.

I'm still not sure about the Japanese/English thing, since they should technically be speaking in Japanese. If I make all text in the movie Japanese like I was going to, that would mean the computers as well, which would ruin the beginning where the text appears on the screen. I was thinking that the best thing to do is reverse all Japanese and English, making "CURLY BRACE" on Quote's hat in Japanese. The problem there is if the movie were to be translated into Japanese, I would have to go back and flip everything back to Japanese, and Quote's hat to English.
Darn you language barrier! *bangs head against wall

Aug 10, 2007 at 2:02 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
To andwhyisit:

He doesn't rummage through the fireplace at Chaco's house. Chaco points it out, and douses the flame herself.

But he has to go through the fireplace, how could he not find it?

Atravir said:
The countries probably did fight over the crown. Who knows? Heck, if I had an awesome fighting robot, I'd send it to get the demon crown (well, if it existed).

Yeah, but who would know that it existed, and if you did know about it you would never tell something like that to anyone else or you might not wake up the next morning, because individuals would fight over the demon crown, not entire countries, hell, those countries would probably fight amongst themselves over the crown and never even get to see it, it is most likely one man disguising a attempt to take the crown as a simple military operation for some made up reason, therefore it would be the General since he would be the only one to know about the crown and have the resources to pull it off.

Atravir said:
Although I might use the rock idea, Ballos has to transform into something demonic. I wouldn't be an epic battle if someone weren't demonic looking.

1. Have an evil and destuctive looking magic aura surrounding him,
2. Have Ballos' face start to peel away to pockets of bloodstone (Like what Ballos looked like in his final form except as a part of his actual body),
3. Make him insane again,
4. Have his aura turn into lightning towards the end of the fight and stretch it across the entire room.

Atravir said:
I'm still not sure about the Japanese/English thing, since they should technically be speaking in Japanese. If I make all text in the movie Japanese like I was going to, that would mean the computers as well, which would ruin the beginning where the text appears on the screen. I was thinking that the best thing to do is reverse all Japanese and English, making "CURLY BRACE" on Quote's hat in Japanese. The problem there is if the movie were to be translated into Japanese, I would have to go back and flip everything back to Japanese, and Quote's hat to English.
Darn you language barrier! *bangs head against wall

Speak English, Read Japanese, Hat English:
Its the way to go, would translate back more efficiently, and is used very commonly nowadays. Have Quote pick the transmission as AUDIO, not text.

Speak English, Read English, Hat Japanese:
Hell no! A lot of hardship and story changes lie down this path, its not worth "banging your head" over.

Aug 10, 2007 at 3:38 AM
Guy with Sword
andwhyisit said:
But he has to go through the fireplace, how could he not find it?

Yeah, but who would know that it existed, and if you did know about it you would never tell something like that to anyone else or you might not wake up the next morning, because individuals would fight over the demon crown, not entire countries, hell, those countries would probably fight amongst themselves over the crown and never even get to see it, it is most likely one man disguising a attempt to take the crown as a simple military operation for some made up reason, therefore it would be the General since he would be the only one to know about the crown and have the resources to pull it off.

Speak English, Read Japanese, Hat English:
Its the way to go, would translate back more efficiently, and is used very commonly nowadays. Have Quote pick the transmission as AUDIO, not text.
Speak English, Read English, Hat Japanese:
Hell no! A lot of hardship and story changes lie down this path, its not worth "banging your head" over.

The bubbler is in the Mimiga Village. Why would he rummage through that fireplace?

Good point, but I thought somewhere it said different countries sent them. I guess not. Also if someone were to discover it, but that information would happen to leak out... chaos. Otherwise, why send robots? Why not just go and get it yourself? Because robots are powerful, and all of the other countries would most likely be sending robots for the same reason.

Most of the text is audio, but there is some text that is just read. I'm going to have to mess around with it, buy you're right, the text has to be in Japanese.

Also, if anyone can think of any good names, in the sequel I need to name:

-An evil general (male)
-A super high-tech evil robot (female)
-A lost Mimiga that gets dragged in way over his head (male)
-The professor that built Quote and curly (male)

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:51 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Atravir said:
The bubbler is in the Mimiga Village. Why would he rummage through that fireplace?

That's the point, he doesn't have to. Just make it that the Bubbler is in Chaco's fireplace and not in Mimiga Village.

Atravir said:
Also, if anyone can think of any good names, in the sequel I need to name:

-An evil general (male)
-A super high-tech evil robot (female)
-A lost Mimiga that gets dragged in way over his head (male)
-The professor that built Quote and curly (male)

EDIT: The last names should be Japanese first names with the exception of "Brace", First names can be anything.

This also brings up an issue, did Aeon Genesis do this with the Doctors name? Since Fuyuhiko Date sounds like it should be Date Fuyuhiko.

Lets see if there is a list of Japanese names somewhere on the internet and put together what name combinations fit best. I don't know many Japanese names.

Atravir said:
Not if its Blade lvl3. (Sorry I just had to do that :D )

Aug 10, 2007 at 2:01 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
andwhyisit said:
Not if its Blade lvl3. (Sorry I just had to do that :D )

sorry also

but the blade lvl 3 sucks.....
that is all
also the snake lol... :D DONT KILL ME!!!!

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:32 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
sorry also

but the blade lvl 3 sucks.....
that is all
also the snake lol... DONT KILL ME!!!!
Oh, dooon't worry. Won't be none snake shots vaporizing your head... through the nearest conveniant wall! D:

Good point, but I thought somewhere it said different countries sent them. I guess not.
lolololol
( To be honest, I at first tried Jenka before remembering it was Curly... )
Quote!!
I remember now.
Your name's Quote!
You and I...
Right...
Back then, a huge number of robots were sent to this island
from countries on the Earth's surface.
Their target was the awesome power kept within this island...
The Demon Crown.
But you and I, we were different.
The two of us were sent in order to destroy that power.
When we got here, the island was in a shambles.
The robots had torn it all to pieces...
And countless Mimigas had been slaughtered.
It was...terrible...
Finally, one man got the Demon Crown in his possession.
The robots' work was done, and the island fell silent.
But that was just the beginning of the tragedy.
With the crown in hand, the man turned the Mimigas into killers
and began his assault on the Earth.
I tried to stop him.
You were there too.
That's...as far as I can remember.
I'm pretty sure we were able to wound him.
But we seemed far out of our league...
Do you remember anything?
And this is why it always bothers me when I see someone thinking that Quote's a scout robot after what the Doctor says.