Mods general discussion

Nov 6, 2017 at 8:50 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Our good friend @DoubleThink did most of the work on it ;)
if i want to get my game on that list what do i have to do?
it's only part way done (like 30% of what I'm planning) although its like 1 hour long

also if i share it do i need to put down things for copyright and stuff? or just say "credit to studio pixel"

Nov 6, 2017 at 9:43 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
There was a thread listing a bnuch of mods in the OP that DT made, but I don't think that's the thread you want to respond to, so I'm not sure that there's currently any thread that you want to reply to, so one thing you can do is just message DT on his profile. As for giving credit to Pixel for the original Cave Story, there are many different ways that users go about it. Mentioning something in your readme like "credit goes to Studio Pixel for the original Cave Story" will be fine.

Nov 6, 2017 at 10:28 PM
There was a thread listing a bnuch of mods in the OP that DT made, but I don't think that's the thread you want to respond to, so I'm not sure that there's currently any thread that you want to reply to, so one thing you can do is just message DT on his profile. As for giving credit to Pixel for the original Cave Story, there are many different ways that users go about it. Mentioning something in your readme like "credit goes to Studio Pixel for the original Cave Story" will be fine.
ok i just don't want copyright things and oh no now i owe a bajillion dollars to people

Nov 6, 2017 at 11:13 PM
Based Member
ok i just don't want copyright things and oh no now i owe a bajillion dollars to people
Don't worry, you're not in a lot of danger of that happening, Pixel doesn't have much of problem with us modding the freeware version of the game. This has been discussed a few times.

Nov 7, 2017 at 10:17 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Why do all my replys in the Endless Sanctuary Customizer thread go here? They belong there, not here.

Nov 8, 2017 at 3:26 AM
Based Member
Because the last reply to that thread is almost 4 years old, and we usually don't like people resurrecting old topics. This thread was made to ask questions like ask for fixed download links for mods whose creators have gone inactive. Of course, there are valid arguments to be made in favor of letting posts stay in the original thread. The only mod or admin that I know of that has a super strong opinion on this is DT, who is usually the one to move posts to this thread, and since no one's ever bothered to protest his method, that's sort of become just what happens when an old thread in the showcase forum is bumped. If this really bothers you, you can consider taking this up with DT.

Nov 8, 2017 at 6:04 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
I thought four years was a bit much even if the thread creator is still active and I wasn't aware Enlight was intending to update.

Nov 8, 2017 at 11:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Mind if I move them back then?

Dec 15, 2017 at 5:49 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Figured I'd let the Jenka's Nightmare thread(s) lie. Anyways.

Loving the mod,and because I'm an obsessive scrounger searching every nook and cranny,I'm finding a LOT of fun stuff. I imported over a save from OG Cave Story with minimum HP,and all the weapons,barring mutual exclusives (Polar Star and Blade kept). Heck,I even found the Dev Room four bloody times,what with all the shenanigans I was doing to see what other goodies I could dig up! Though,honestly,I'm glad that the developer thought to put something like that in place for marooning yourself like that.

You know,I went in expecting the mod to double down on tricky secrets,compared to the original game. I wasn't disappointed.

With the gushing out of the way,one thing eludes me. The developer in one of the Dev Rooms mentioned that the Super Missiles were "Even more optional than before". I took this to mean that you have to actively search for the things. I went through the Devil's Garden and a familiar Hellscape,and now I'm backtracking through the Egg Corridor. I've yet to find the Super Missile Launcher. Any clues on where to find it?

EDIT: I... Don't think it matters anymore. I went to check on Jenka and... Things happened.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 8:20 PM
Figured I'd let the Jenka's Nightmare thread(s) lie. Anyways.

Loving the mod,and because I'm an obsessive scrounger searching every nook and cranny,I'm finding a LOT of fun stuff. I imported over a save from OG Cave Story with minimum HP,and all the weapons,barring mutual exclusives (Polar Star and Blade kept). Heck,I even found the Dev Room four bloody times,what with all the shenanigans I was doing to see what other goodies I could dig up! Though,honestly,I'm glad that the developer thought to put something like that in place for marooning yourself like that.

You know,I went in expecting the mod to double down on tricky secrets,compared to the original game. I wasn't disappointed.

With the gushing out of the way,one thing eludes me. The developer in one of the Dev Rooms mentioned that the Super Missiles were "Even more optional than before". I took this to mean that you have to actively search for the things. I went through the Devil's Garden and a familiar Hellscape,and now I'm backtracking through the Egg Corridor. I've yet to find the Super Missile Launcher. Any clues on where to find it?

EDIT: I... Don't think it matters anymore. I went to check on Jenka and... Things happened.
yeah things get confusing at the end
i think i got the best ending after doing it twice but i'm not really sure

Dec 16, 2017 at 12:43 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm not confused as to what happened; It's pretty unambiguous. I was just trying to avoid plot spoilers.

Dec 16, 2017 at 3:09 AM
I'm not confused as to what happened; It's pretty unambiguous. I was just trying to avoid plot spoilers.
oh i was really confused through a lot of it but it was still fun

i played the unfinished version long ago so i wasn't really sure if i was ever done or what was even happening or if some parts were removed or which version i was playing
all were pretty neat though

i like the egg corridor and the waterway

Jan 8, 2018 at 8:03 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Hello, didn't want to make a whole thread for this.

I tried to contact Schmitz by the email on his resume in September about something I had made that I thought would excite him, but he still hasn't responded. Am I doing something wrong? Does he have a new contact? Thanks.

Jan 8, 2018 at 4:57 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
He left quite a while ago actually... And I'm pretty sure he broke all ties with the Fourms.
Interestingly enough though, I was just watching his stream last night; He was playing one of his old CS mods.

https://www.twitch.tv/zarrotsu

And with a little more digging I found his discord ID ZarroTsu#6387

Jan 8, 2018 at 6:30 PM
War criminal
We all know the true creator of the mod is Doors. :^)

Jan 11, 2018 at 1:57 PM
Can I have the link to [Softmints Corridor mod]? I really want to play it. Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 27, 2018 at 12:52 AM
Hey, guys. Can you please give me the link to Corridor Cave Story Mod? The link is broken.

Jan 27, 2018 at 4:59 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"