Mod: The Wrath of Revorshkenahl

Sep 4, 2009 at 2:01 AM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
WOOHOO MOD FINISHED YEAH LINK DEAD WOOHOO oh wait that's bad.
Link isn't working for me for some reason.

Sep 4, 2009 at 2:22 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
the link works...

Sep 4, 2009 at 5:16 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
OH YEAH, I'M HITTING THIS SHIT LIKE A STEAM TRAIN.

...Once some of the more obvious bugs get fixed D: Otherwise I won't feel like I'm playing something finished. Today should still be fun though :D

Sep 4, 2009 at 8:04 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Oh yeah it's finished!!!!
I decided to start from scratch to see all the new stuff.....
Dragzeloid's kitchen is much more of a bitch than I remembered it to be...
I think it's just a bit frustrating cause of all the sand things at the start and the end from that save point.

Basically at the end it's rather unfair cause you can get in a position where you can get pinned down by them and thrown out. At a certain time you can get trapped again once you are thrown away. At this point you're vulnerable to be crushed by another one. I just thought I'd point this out cause it's freaking pissing me off

Sep 4, 2009 at 1:35 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Lace said:
woo!
Ima gunna go out and play it now, but first, how does it feel to have made the only completed cs mod?

good, I assume.

edit:
quick glitch update:
if you go into the desert, then back through the altar and into the mountains, you can skip a good chunk of the game. (and you can kill the press w/ fireballs)
some dragelzoid fisters keep saying the same stuff (have you heard of dragzeloid? nope) over and over again, to the point of disbelief.
I'll add more as I keep going, good job tho, love the music. :D

Yup feels very good lol although I don't think it's actually the first completed, I think it's just the first completed that's not related to Cave Story (we have enemyrush, bossrush, hell edits and such).

about teh glitches, so you mean if instead of going through the desert, you just go back to the mountains, you can get into Dragzeloid's Kitchen!? I'll have to look into that. As for the thing with the Dragzelire Fist people, m'eh that's video game logic for ya' :D

So I need to fix the bug the dooey mentioned as well with the <NOD in the credits, and then I'll post a couple files to fix the bugs.

Also, infinity billion dollars to anyone who finds the super-secret alternate ending.

Sep 4, 2009 at 2:10 PM
Hax on....Hax off....
Ooohh! Secret ending!
Okay so I've gotten much further ahead now.
You could probably do with a save point in the great unknown...
Oh and I loved the bit about spy kids!
I love it so far!

Sep 4, 2009 at 2:42 PM
graters gonna grate
Bah, if you can do Sacred Ground, you can do Great Unknown easily... :D

And I fixed the bug dooey mentioned, there's a file you can download and put in the "data\Stage" folder (link is in first post).

Lace, I investigated the bug you mentioned and it looks like it's not a bug...
could you be more specific as to what you meant?

Oh yeah and 4th wall breaking ftw :D

Sep 4, 2009 at 2:49 PM
graters gonna grate
Oh and on a somewhat related side note...

wedge of cheese said:
Sorry, no update yet, so don't get excited that I'm posting :D. Don't worry though, I'm still working diligently (more or less) on this mod, and I'm hoping that the next release will be the first beta release (meaning everything is finished but there's still room for subtle or maybe even not so subtle changes).

Anyway, the purpose of this post is that there's a piece of music related to TWoR that I wrote, and I've wanted to show you guys for a while. It's called the Concerto of Creation. At the time that I named it that, I didn't really know what a concerto was, and I now realize that it's not a concerto at all, but I don't know what else to call it, so I'll stick with the current title for now xP. It consists of four movements, each approximately 10-15 minutes long. The first three are each about one of the three gods, and the fourth is about the Altar of Destiny. All four of the movements started off as piano improvisations (with the exception of the second movement, which has the occasional clarinet and/or flute melody over the piano), and I am currently in the process of notating them. Until recently when I went to visit my dad and record the Concerto of Creation, all I had were MIDI recordings, which really don't do the concerto justice, but now I have mp3 recordings of each movement which I think are worthy of showing to y'all.

A few notes about each movement:

1st movement -- Dragzeloid
This movement is the most elegant of the four, representing the beauty of nature and the simple yet powerful force of evolution. In this movement, there is a melodic theme which is basically omnipresent throughout the piece. It undergoes many variations as the song becomes more and more complex, which represents evolution in which species grow and change over time, and the natural world becomes more complex.

2nd movement -- Solagicove
One of the storyline details that shows up in the "full version" of TWoR, but not in the CS mod version, is the significance of true love. It is referred to as "the great power of individuals", and was created by Solagicove to moderate unhealthy/immoral sexual behavior. This movement represents true love by having two recurring melodies, played by clarinet and flute, which play separately and in a minor key in the first half of the piece, and play together and in a major key in the seconds half of the piece. The emotions and uniqueness of each individual are also captured in this movement, making it the most emotional of the four.

3rd movement -- Revorshkenahl
This movement starts off with a steady bass rhythm that continues for a long time underneath changing chords and melody and comes back later in the piece. This represents society's rigidity. Later, there is a very dissonant/powerful section which represents the chaos and violence that often ensues as a result of mob mentality. There is also a section where the theme in the treble repeats over and over while the bass alternates between dissonance and consonance with the treble. This represents the fact that sometimes society and individual fit together well, but sometimes they don't.

4th movement -- Altar of Destiny
This is probably my personal favorite of the four movements, because it combines the strengths of the other three. It has the elegance of Dragzeloid, the passion of Solagicove, and the power of Revorshkenahl. Also, themes from each of the other three movements show up briefly in this one, but it is quite subtle and easily missed.

wedge of cheese said:
Well, here is said music (finally):
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1fadc259a99afc801686155677bb2685b5a7adb710ffcfff
It's divided into four separate zipped folders so you don't have to download one massive one.

Did anyone actually download/listen to these or did I just post them for no reason??

Sep 5, 2009 at 2:17 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
Oh wow I completely forgot about that!
I should listen to it.

Okay.
I've gotten near the end of the great unknown...
That boss is pretty damn cruel...
At least I'll be prepared for what's coming next time...

Edit: I have finnally completed it!
It's brilliant! But I'm not convinced that I have found the secret ending.
I might start a new game but I woudn't have any idea where I would change something to get a different ending...Oh well.

Sep 5, 2009 at 6:43 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Okay, gettin' this now. Won't bother with spoilers, think I'll just keep this simple, now it's finished and all...

-I think the Chosen One might look better if his lips were less bright red D:
-OGFM new music. <- Insert this whenever new music appears in the game.
-The Dragzelire Golem seems a bit faster than I remember him being. Still not too tough though...
-The hamburgers turn into exp capsules when they die! That's new. Also, HATE. NINJA. DRAGONS.
-HATE. BLACK. DRAGONS.
-Hoppy as a chasing energy orb? Interesting idea! It's also a total pain to deal with :(
-Land of Enchantment's still an invincibility abuse rush... The attached pic shows how to abuse the Spirit Core in the Demon Parents fight.
-Bye bye Rage, ye hath served me in a sporadic and unreliable fashion.
-The forest is sloooooow to get through now D: On the other hand, TUNDRA! I have waited for this :D Got past the first couple of puzzles - very nice idea for them, btw - but I think I'll take a break now x_x

Attachments

• tactics.jpg
    tactics.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 59
Sep 5, 2009 at 3:42 PM
graters gonna grate
@UD: What final boss did you face? There are two different final bosses depending on which ending you took.

@DT: You gave up the Rage, really? That's funny, that's the last of the five spells that I would give up. You're lucky, I almost put in a spot later that required lvl-3 Rage to get past without hitting -10 spikes, but then I realized some people might give up the Rage :(. Don't worry though, I tested and everything can be done with flight ability without taking damage :D

Sep 5, 2009 at 11:54 PM
Hax on....Hax off....
Cheese:
I fought Revorshkenahl.
If you mean that you face different forms of him, I fought him in the form of ballos.

I'm not really inclined to start a brand new game just now. Plus I've been working on my own mod.

Oh! And I also listened to the music you made.
They're really good. I definately thought that Sogalicove was the best.

Sep 6, 2009 at 12:04 AM
glitches?
i keel mussle doctor the second he keel me.

i dunno, maybe he teleported away.
or something.

Sep 6, 2009 at 12:58 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
Hey Cheese: One problem.

IDGAF!
Heh.
I kid.
Good work there, bra.

Sep 6, 2009 at 8:17 PM
graters gonna grate
@Dave:
Then no, you didn't find the secret ending, if you had, you would have convinced Revorshkenahl that he's The Corrupter, and you wouldn't have had to fight him at all. However, you would have "broken" the prophecy that was made about you, and so the Altar of Destiny comes to "fix" the prophecy by fighting you to the death.

And Lace just PMed me with a cool hack that I'll post as soon as I get around to implementing it.

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:04 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
More blarg.

-The lever puzzle is very well-designed, but if you die, you have to go back and do it all over again :p It also hard to see what's going on in the fight because everything is white.
-New dungeon! Music is lovely, but the tall thin passage on the left side of the first area is still impossible without Rage (as is it impossible to get past the bit before that without hitting spikes), so I had to turn on infinite booster briefly to get up it. Otherwise the first part of the area isn't too bad, as long as you don't hit too many spikes on the way in. Second part's a bit tougher, and the boss caught me off-guard the first time o_O In fact it's very hard to avoid getting hit just as the fight starts.
-Wait, no save before Rustycrumpets? Heeeeeeeeeeelllllllppppp...
-Well that was a cheap death >_> Think I've figured out what to do though.
-Hey, a skipflag. And MY GOD THAT THING LOOKS CREEPY. AND IT HAS HAIR. OH, WOE BETIDE ME...
-Wha, that ending was quite abrupt ._. Didn't get the

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

Oracle

either.

Guess that's that then. Huh...
I feel weeeeeiiiiiird D:

Sep 12, 2009 at 8:44 PM
graters gonna grate
Actually I tested and everything in the Great Unknown is possible to do without the Rage. Sometimes you have to do repeated short blasts of the booster rather than holding the jump key down which allows you to get higher/farther with it. And yes I decided to be extremely sadistic with the stuff at the end :D

Sep 12, 2009 at 8:56 PM
you, you,
you sadist.

Sep 12, 2009 at 9:09 PM
graters gonna grate
yupI fucking hate the 10 char min

Sep 12, 2009 at 9:10 PM