Low-Impact Secrets Thread

SKINNIE DIPPIN'?

• All the time!

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I'd consider it!

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • No! No no no! No no no no no no no!

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I'm OCD because I like arranging things by color.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I'd chuck your wood if you know what I mean HAW HAW

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
Nov 20, 2012 at 9:38 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Nov 20, 2012 at 10:09 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
i'm not actually gone.

just lurking :droll:

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
That's a pretty good secret.

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:51 PM
The Eternal Darkness
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
... I have a fear of every administrator and moderator of a forum (including myself).
Whenever I see an admin/moderator post in a thread I started, I always think that it got locked.

Guess that's fear #29.

And I have two forums (not one) and I enjoy changing the ".xml" files of Age of Empires 3 so that when my father plays it, that his enemies get Monster Trucks.

I should stop derailing this thread; I have no idea what's a secret and what's not a secret... >_<

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
A secret is something that most of the people who know you don't know (particularly if you intentionally keep it from public knowledge)
Or some otherwise quirky thing that we don't know

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:02 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I suck at most of the RPGs I play.

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:31 AM
"Huzzah!"
I tend to feel sexy when I look in the mirror while being shirtless... when this sexy feeling happens, I do a sexy pelvic thrust dance and I watch my sexy abs flex as I do so. Sometimes uncontrollable sexy manly laughter ensues.

... and no, I'm not joking.

@ X-Calibar: I can't think of many anime girls off the top of my head. When I said that, it was actually pretty general; I wasn't thinking of any anime in particular. But I guess I shouldn't have said "perfect". "Ideal" is a better word, and obviously an ideal girl for me does not mean an ideal girl for someone else.

Only a handful that I can think of off the top of my head:
Lisanna Strauss from Fairy Tail (grown up version, obviously): I haven't gotten far enough in Fairy Tail to really know her character, but she seems really supportive (i.e. not a b****), strong, sweet but not a pushover, and she's cute.
Kairi Tilmitt from Kingdom Hearts (not exactly anime, but whatever): Cute, positive, strong, etc.
Chiyuri Kurashima from Accel World: Well, she would be totally awesome if she wasn't such a crybaby, but pretty much everyone in Accel World is super emotional.

I'm sure that I would have some better ones if I went and refreshed my memory on a few of my previously watched animes.

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:58 AM
Not anymore
Everyone should support Laura S. from To Aru Majutsu No Directory.

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:45 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I tend to feel sexy when I look in the mirror while being shirtless... when this sexy feeling happens, I do a sexy pelvic thrust dance and I watch my sexy abs flex as I do so. Sometimes uncontrollable sexy manly laughter ensues.

... and no, I'm not joking
Hoo hoo hoo
Kairi Tilmitt from Kingdom Hearts
I think you're getting Selphie Tilmitt from Final Fantasy 8 and Kairi mixed up

I like to move my legs against the sheets when finding a spot to rest. Like a cat kneading. Clearly I am a cat trapped inside a human's body.

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Sometimes when I see a girl I imagine what it would feel like to have sexual intercourse wiith her :muscledoc:

Nov 21, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Not anymore
"I cannot say I have never sinned. I have looked at many women and lusted before."
- Jimmy Carter, former U.S. President.

TOO MUCH information!

Nov 21, 2012 at 2:52 PM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
Sometimes when I see a girl I imagine what it would feel like to have sexual intercourse wiith her :muscledoc:

A better question is who doesn't do this.

:hoppy:

Nov 21, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I hate Cave Story, it's not that great of a game at all and everyone needs to get over it.
...okay just kidding, sorry.

I listen to J-pop when no one's around.

Nov 21, 2012 at 3:52 PM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
Carrotlord said:
Dinny, do you do this?
Even the girls want her... oh...

<3

I do. Also, curiously enough (and I suppose this is fitting for the thread), I get a lot more attention from lesbians than I do from straight guys. I'm not sure what it is about me that screams 'dyke', but I'm not complaining.

Nov 21, 2012 at 3:52 PM
The Eternal Darkness
A better question is who doesn't do this.
I definitely don't.
That is probably what makes me different from most people in Gansbaai... :/

EDIT:
Ninja'd by 43501.
Wow, Google Chrome is horrible with these forums :eek:

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Not anymore
Maybe you're so cute that other girls feel a natural attraction.

Nov 21, 2012 at 7:32 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I like to try and be adorable enough to bring out the gay in otherwise straight males
A few days ago a semi-drunk friend shyly asked me for a hug and got all excited about it like he's been waiting for it for ages, then he messaged me "hey babe" on facebook later that night
I considered it a victory

Nov 21, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Not anymore
Hey baby everyone would go gay for Pixel don't you think?

Nov 21, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Little known secret :
That medicine you can use to stop a cold if you feel it coming on, the one where you wipe the inside of your nose once and then hold your nose closed for X amount of seconds...
I think it pretty much killed my sense of smell for a lot of things, because I read it incorrectly when I was in a rush. You don't KEEP IT IN YOUR NOSE for the X amount of seconds, you wipe, remove and then hold your nose closed for X amount of seconds.

There may be other factors involved with loss of smell, but still ><
"Wow this is spicy!" (Nah.) "Ew, does someone smell that?" (Nope.)
Mmmmm this smells so good... (What?)

I have to make an effort to smell something up close :p

LESSON : Read directions CAREFULLY

OGHHH I LOST MY PRECIOUS POST

*ahem* here we go again :

hate9 said:
That is a LOT of anime, so, which is your favorite anime?
Been collecting for a long time! Ever since I watched Record of Lodoss War, my first anime... before that I would watch an occasional cartoon or two. But, I took a chance on Lodoss and was blown away... It was like all the classic games I loved had come to life. (It's all about imagination)

Which is my favorite though...
I can't say for sure. I was able to narrow it down to :
Devil Lady, Berserk, Escaflowne, Kenshin, Crest/Banner of the Stars, Record of Lodoss War OVA, El-Hazard : The Magnificient World, Card Captor Sakura, Princess Tutu, Fushugi Yuugi : The Mysterious Play, Speed Grapher, Perfect Blue, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, s-CRY-ed

They are all pretty old but maybe it has something to do with first time experiences, and these days I only watch the "best" anime, rather than taking chances with random titles that catch my eye. As much as I love the best stuff, maybe it's missing something that I want? Or perhaps because many series that I watch are short now... Bacanno!, Madoka, Garden of Sinners (mostly short movies), etc...

And, times have changed... when I hear the new OP songs I love the j-pop sound~
But, old OPs had some really mystical foreign sounding songs...

Take Lodoss' song for instance :

Here are 2012 summer titles... they all sound a bit similar... don't they?

Info on my top 8.
The ones not crossed out left a major impression on me, greater than just another good show that I might forget about in a week. I enjoyed the newer shows that I've watched, but, it's more of a, fun while it lasted; compared to a, I won't forget this.

Record of Lodoss War OVA - As I stated before, this show was what turned me onto anime. Without it, I'd probably never would have collected, or become a big fan. Though, the trick is it offered exactly what I was looking for. A classic western style fantasy, taken seriously, and giving me everything I wanted and more.
It hasn't aged too well, but I can still hear the english voice actors,and the music... [Yes, in the beginning I watched anime in english, and this was a good dub.] Recommended to classic fantasy lovers.
(Swords, magic, elves, dwarves, thieves, kings, dragons, etc etc etc Straight up, not fan servicey)

Crest of the Stars / Banner of the Stars - One of the best sci-fi space drama anime I've watched, if not the best. A bit slow to get going, but I really thought highly of it. Highly recommended.
(Humans forced evolution to live with the stars, creating new humans. Now between galactic empires and earth-bound humans, an earth boy and a space girl take the stage to write a page in history...)

Irresponsible Captain Tylor - Hah. If you have the ability to accept a huge suspension of disbelief and laugh at impossible coincidences... LOOK NO FURTHER! Tylor is the Other awesome sci-fi epic... But, on the humourous side. Highly recommended.
(Join the Space Navy for an easy life! Accidentally become captain!)

El-Hazard : The Magnificent World - It's probably my favorite. As it is the anime I've re-watched the most. It's fantasy/sci-fi. Humourous, serious and great fun. It's a classic series that inspires me even today. Nothing bad to say about it. It might be a hit or miss series though.
(In the land of El-Hazard, strangers appear that will change the balance of power, and awaken a terrible evil...)

Fushugi Yuugi : The Mysterious Play - I think between this and Escaflowne... were the series that brought me around to love shoujo and that side. This is a great fantasy adventure with some unforgettable friends. I think the second half wasn't as good... But, I can still hear the ending theme to this series. I think once you read the play, you won't want to put it down!
(Two girls find a mysterious book, and their lives change forever as the Mysterious Play begins...)

Card Captor Sakura - Don't Get Card Captors. Sakura hooked me from episode one, at the very beginning. It just hooked me in and never let go... Few shows are this good, and have messages for all ages. I don't think it should be missed. I WAS however, disappointed half-way through the series... there was a dark side with amazing potential that didn't get realized [madoka?]. But, despite that, it continued to be an incredible series to the very end. IMO.
(A young school girl, accidently unleashes a book containing countless magical creatures into the world. Now the keeper insists that she clean up the mess she created! The keeper being a small stuffed toy sized flying animal!)

Princess Tutu - I didn't think I'd like an anime with a name like that... D: Boy was I wrong...
Really superb anime. I never had any interest in ballet, but now I have an appreciation for it~
(A duck with a dream, will find a prince.)

Perfect Blue - The only movie on my list. I don't know why, but no film or movie ever spooked me as much as this one did. A great thriller. Pretty aged though... *sees something in the shadows* D8
(A pop idol faces a dangerous plot, and a stalker... or is she just paranoid?)

That's as close as I can get to naming a favorite.

Shane said:
All of them are unknown to me. :/
Curse [1] South Africa, and [2] my slow Internet.
And what's with the "MAGIC USER" stuff? @_@
I have a thing for magic/fantasy in particular. <3 @ magic.
Anyway, here are pictures of the characters for reference :

Sakura
diph.php

Rin
diph.php

Jun
diph.php

Deedlit
p160619-3-animepapernetwallpaperstandardanimerecord.jpg

@FrozenFire
Ahh, I see, I see.

And I haven't seen any of those yet!
Though, I'm tempted to watch Fairy Tail sometime.