King: Strife and Sacrifice (AKA King's Story)

Oct 5, 2009 at 8:42 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
But you didn't fix it, so it was kinda like...

Nothing happened at all?

Otherwise, I'd have to give specific credit to every single person who's ever played my mod and given feedback in some way, and that stuff goes in the Final release.

EDIT: Ryuuoutan, I expressly forbid you from replying to cyowolf's comment. I reserve the sole rights to disclose that information.

Oct 5, 2009 at 11:16 PM
Been here way too long...
Bippity Bop Bop YAA!
is this supposed to happen?:

Oct 6, 2009 at 2:20 AM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
You jumped, obviously.

Oct 6, 2009 at 2:37 AM
What?
I don't follow.
I just came out of the cave thingy and that script ran again.

Oct 6, 2009 at 5:08 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Wow. After playing through the whole thing again, I see that. That's an awful bug. And I'm going to blame it all on the skipflags... yup. Don't know how it happened, but it's their fault.

Also, I have now a development blog for this game. So, barring some sort of natural disaster or plague epidemic, I plan to have information on there every monday night with regards to how the game is coming along, and anybody who wants to is free to check it out. I'll also be posting a video there showing exactly how doable that new room is, because I bet you think I made it impossible. Heck, I thought I made it impossible. But, nope, it can be done, and it only took me an hour and 76 attempts. So, I think it stands to reason it should be harder, right?

My WebLog: n0xid.wordpress.com

And you should definitely go on there every week and comment on my progress and stuff like that or bad things will happen. Like what kind of bad things? I think you know. But, if not, you will know in due time.

Oct 6, 2009 at 5:55 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Noxid said:
But, nope, it can be done, and it only took me an hour and 76 attempts. So, I think it stands to reason it should be harder, right?

Ah... NO. At least, not that early in the game. Go ahead and go nuts with the maps later on in the mod, but for now, keep it on the medium difficulty, please. I do want to have fun, you know.

Oct 6, 2009 at 6:01 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Agreed. Beginnings should not be impossible. Endings should (sorta).

Oct 7, 2009 at 4:00 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
So...

Well, I don't know if anybody's guessed this, but this isn't a real update. This is just something I threw together in about 24 hours after having the sleep deprived idea that it might make a funny joke, but upon reflection I see that this is not in very good taste at all. I had thought I might be able to get some kind of reaction out of the scene I portrayed, but apparantly everybody is too well-mannered or accepting to care/speak up.

It's been a while since I have had any news to share about my game and my work on it, so I was getting, I don't know, stir crazy or something like that. I felt I needed to prove that I was still doing something, even if it was just to myself. The demo I released has absolutely nothing to do with the game that I have been working on thusfar.

I would like to apologize for what I have done, and I would hope you can forgive me for my transgressions. If what I have done has offended you, or caused you to lose respect for me, then I am deeply sorry.

In order to be certain that this sort thing never happens again, I've got a development blog that I can vent onto, and if you haven't already noticed the link is in my signature. I would appreciate any comments on my progress, as it gives me the motivation I need to continue working.

As for what's going to happen to this "version", I've taken down the link so no more downloads. If you've got a copy already, well, do what you wish. I think that, later, I will base an extreme challenge minimod off of it, but that's for another time.

tl;dr summary: I'm sorry for the shit I pulled.

Oct 7, 2009 at 5:29 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Noxid, I'm sorry this offended you so badly.

Yes, I too, was a part of this. I did encourage him to do such a thing, thinking that it would be pretty funny to see how you guys would react. I now regret this, and I am very sorry for encouraging you, Noxid.

I really couldn't stand by and see this, and let Noxid take the brunt of this.

So, to everyone who played the mod, I'm sorry for offending you.

Oct 7, 2009 at 9:40 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
I'm sort-of half-glad I didn't download this then. Maybe-possibly.

Oct 7, 2009 at 10:22 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Just so he doesn't get pissed at me, that ain't gonna happen again.

EVER.

So, with that being said, I do believe he will return to the original style and not something that'll piss people off.

And yeah, you'll be glad. I still have it, though. Simply because it pissed me off.

Oct 7, 2009 at 11:11 PM
apologize as much as you want, but that was still pretty damn funny.

Oct 7, 2009 at 11:15 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Oct 8, 2009 at 12:12 AM
would you guyz kill me if I reh-uploaded it?

Oct 8, 2009 at 12:19 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Oct 8, 2009 at 4:23 AM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
I thought it was funny...
I do all that (die a lot and give up and resort to hacking because I suck at this game and those enemies can get in your way and be impossible to avoid *inhale) and that pops up in my face. I wasn't mad, it was more of a, "What." reaction followed by laughter.

Nov 11, 2009 at 11:04 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Re: King's story

Well I guess I'll never play this mod...

Nov 11, 2009 at 2:38 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Why not? I'm still working diligently, I made the blog in my sig just to show people that. There's going to be another demo eventually, it's just really a strain to work on this and take seven engineering courses.

Unless you're like, terminal or something...

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:59 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Demo 0.0.2.5.

Man, has it really been 6 months since I started this? Almost... Time really does fly. I have worked long and hard so that I could give you this, the first REAL demo of my mod. The link is in the first post, as per usual.

To whatever mod reads this first: I've change the title to
King: Strife and Sacrifice
I would appreciate if the title of the thread reflected this. It's alright to still call it King's story in casual reference, but the official designation has changed for now, and may again in the future.

What's new? Lots of stuff... It's practically an entirely different mod now. Go play it, and of course I'd love to hear any feedback (both good and bad).

As for an estimate of length, it depends both on your manner of play and your degree of skill. It usually takes me at least 45 minutes to get through, so I would call that the absolute minimum. If it takes you 45 minutes, you probably didn't get the full experience of it though.

Collectibles:
3 or 4 health upgrades
1 or 2 optional items
1 weapon ammo upgrade
2 weapons

Jan 8, 2010 at 11:26 AM
"Huzzah!"
Re: Demo 0.0.2.5.

I can't beleive I'm going to do science just to get a password....

anyway your mod is cool :confused: I love it

and I thought the shadowy figure is king inner self or the sword
calling out for king