Jenka's Nightmare Revived - Final release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2012 at 1:25 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
triple secret: playing fullscreen is lame
Not if you have a considerably old laptop whose screen's aspect ratio matches that of the game, like I do.

May 6, 2012 at 12:22 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I play cave story and all of the best mods in fullscreen, I play the lesser mods in 640/480

May 17, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello, playing this game after years of not doing so, and I'm stuck trying to get into a bonus area. I'm underneath the island, just before the Sand Zone. What do I do here?

p118345-0-k5vbd.png

Nothing else is appearing.

May 30, 2012 at 3:31 AM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Uh, I'm a little late here but...

You can't get there in revived. Not the first time around anyway. I feel your pain though. I remembered getting to the secret area in the original JN and thinking I was doing something wrong I spent probably more than an hour trying to figure out what my mistake was.

May 30, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So I can't get the sword early, but I can get there later on, right?

May 30, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
You can... but the sword has been moved elsewhere, so that won't be your reward for doing so.

Jun 3, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
It's spendid ^_^ I love this mod ;DD

Jun 14, 2012 at 9:15 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I like this mod, but the ending I got was bizzare. :balrog:

Jul 23, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Professional Whatever
I'm back. I'm working on this mod at full speed and hope to get it done soon. If anyone would like to sign up to test for the mod, you can PM or VM me, and I'll send you a private copy when it's done. I'll need as many people as possible to make this mod as clean as it can be.

On another note, I'm sorry for piggybacking off of Shmitz's fame. I know that I really haven't done anything significant by myself on this forum, and that my success is because I'm working on a mod that someone else worked hard to make. The credit for this mod should go to Shmitz for making a wonderful mod.

Jul 25, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I seem to be unable to PM you, either i'm blind or my post count is too low.

Jul 25, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Based Member
Personal Messaging privileges don't kick in until you've been here for ten days.

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Professional Whatever
Got you listed on my list of testers. Since you can't PM yet I'll have to ask this here, but since you're testing for the game, you get to be in the credits. If you want, you can make/choose a custom sprite to represent you in the credits. If you want to, you can access casts.pbm in the Cave Story data files and change one of the sprites there to your liking.
If the files in your Cave Story folder are .pbm files, all you have to do is rename the casts.pbm file as casts.bmp and you can edit it.

Aug 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
This is a great mod! Thank You!

I've found something strange when you talk to cthulthu near Construction Base in Grasstown he acts as chest and gives you the Missle Launcher.
And in Genesis: Sky when I falled for the first time I not died! But when I falled for second time I died! Maybe That's a Bug?

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Professional Whatever
At 1: fixed for final copy
At 2: not a glitch. We wouldn't want you getting through to Sky or Earth a second time, now would we?

Also protip double posting is bad, there's an edit button built on each of your posts if you wanna edit in information.

Aug 19, 2012 at 2:33 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
i dont appreciate your comment on my mod

Aug 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Based Member
This isn't your mod, son
No no no, Noxid, that's not what he meant. You see, Lunardoors made a comment on the development thread for kolekelley's mod that he/she didn't appreciate. And now he's coming to Doors' dev thread to tell him that he didn't appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 19, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Professional Whatever
It's still not the appropriate place to talk about this. If you're upset then talk about it on your own mod thread or VM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.