Jenka's Nightmare Revived - Final release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 10, 2011 at 4:35 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Re: Jenka's Nightmare Revived

None. I don't plan to do anything with it, sorry.

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:38 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"

gabbalis said:
Well, I just checked, and it's definitely gettable in the current version.

how? :c

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:40 AM
Professional Whatever

pariah386 said:

By reading. Look at the last page.

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:44 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

LunarSoul said:
None. I don't plan to do anything with it, sorry.

do you mind if I take that up as a project then? Ive been meaning to start modding and this might be a good way for me to get used to cave editor.

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:47 AM
Professional Whatever

Sure thing, but I don't suppose it would be very interesting, checking and unsetting flags. You can PM me the finished work and tell me what you actually did, and I can apply it for ya, if that's cool with ya.

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:54 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"

as for that chest, I couldn't open it because apparently you can't just take the uber bubbler and then save a missile chest and get the detonator back anymore. I had read that you could in an earlier post but I guess that's updated.

also, I discovered a problem! After I beat oblivion's doctor form and then got sent to genesis spirit, I went back to mimiga village then to red tower and went to the top again for fun. You can still get to where you previously fought oblivion, and going in locks you into that room with no way out and a sprite of the doctor that does nothing.

Nov 11, 2011 at 1:03 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

LunarSoul, in
new game plus
do you want the player to begin with the booster 2.0?
Right now you start with it if it was active when it gets taken away, but I think I can fix that. On the other hand, part of the allure is extra sequence breaking so maybe it should be kept?

PS, I think I have the flags working, but I had it turn off everything from 0 to 6999, so I'm trying to narrow it down to the ones that are actually needed right now.

EDIT:
It also seems that falling into genesis:Sky only takes away the weapons that you are supposed to have at that point. Should this change?

Nov 11, 2011 at 3:07 AM
Professional Whatever

gabbalis said:
LunarSoul, in
new game plus
do you want the player to begin with the booster 2.0?
Right now you start with it if it was active when it gets taken away, but I think I can fix that. On the other hand, part of the allure is extra sequence breaking so maybe it should be kept?
Yeah, I think it'd be better if it was kept.

gabbalis said:
PS, I think I have the flags working, but I had it turn off everything from 0 to 6999, so I'm trying to narrow it down to the ones that are actually needed right now.
...Wow. You are a patience god.

gabbalis said:
EDIT:
It also seems that falling into genesis:Sky only takes away the weapons that you are supposed to have at that point. Should this change?

Yes, except for the uberWeapons. The weapons that should get taken away should be the polar star, missile launcher, snaaaaaaaaaaake, sky blade (considered a key item in my book, not an uberWeapon), and fireball.
Also spur part chests should be unopenable.

Thanks for doing this man, you rox.

Nov 11, 2011 at 5:58 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"

Hey, LunarSoul,
You don't need the controller for the Detonator, I got it with only the Missle Launcher and Explosives.
Any idea Why?

Nov 11, 2011 at 6:01 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"

@phanteon, the controller is used to give the detonator 30 more ammo, or so I have heard.

@LunarSoul or anyone really, I have created a simple guide to doing the Genesis:Spirit puzzle for anyone who is stumped by it. I got stumped on the puzzle to the point of greatly disliking it, so I thought I would try to help a little for other people who are frustrated. use as you wish(maybe as part of your own guide).

p118189-0-34i5pv5.jpg

Nov 11, 2011 at 6:06 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

Thanks Lunar, means a lot.

It's funny, I think your revival of Jenka's Nightmare has inspired me to become a better Modder. Person. Thing.

Anyway, progress overview
Okay, I've played through the game on new game plus. There are a few issues caused by sequence breaking, but nothing that makes the game unbeatable. The plot can get horribly distorted, but anyone on new game plus should know that already.

there might be one glitch that could ruin your save if you sequence break fron gen:sky to oblivion:errosion, But that would require having a weapon that can break boxes, and the only weapon you should be able to have then is the nemesis X (That can't break boxes, right?)

There is one larger glitch that the player can come across in the Gaudi boss fight if they skip the cridder and monster x. Here the gaudi dudes are supposed to realize that you aren't a treat, give you the key, and let you go on your way. (probably to keep people from becoming terribly stuck)

This happens correctly, but then the boss fight starts anyway...Without the walls that normally appear to keep you from leaving.

The screen will keep tracking the gaudi guys, and when you leave through the door into the second cave the whole screen is out of whack.

But I say, what the heck, Those new game plussers were promised that they could beak the game, I say let them.

EDIT: Oh, hey guys! didn't see you there. It is nice to get a guide for that maze, since I'm about to go through there, but you should probably spoiler it. Somebody might want to solve it themselves. Plus it is enourmous.

Nov 11, 2011 at 12:22 PM
Professional Whatever

gabbalis said:
Thanks Lunar, means a lot.

It's funny, I think your revival of Jenka's Nightmare has inspired me to become a better Modder. Person. Thing.

Anyway, progress overview
Okay, I've played through the game on new game plus. There are a few issues caused by sequence breaking, but nothing that makes the game unbeatable. The plot can get horribly distorted, but anyone on new game plus should know that already.

there might be one glitch that could ruin your save if you sequence break fron gen:sky to oblivion:errosion, But that would require having a weapon that can break boxes, and the only weapon you should be able to have then is the nemesis X (That can't break boxes, right?)

There is one larger glitch that the player can come across in the Gaudi boss fight if they skip the cridder and monster x. Here the gaudi dudes are supposed to realize that you aren't a treat, give you the key, and let you go on your way. (probably to keep people from becoming terribly stuck)

This happens correctly, but then the boss fight starts anyway...Without the walls that normally appear to keep you from leaving.

The screen will keep tracking the gaudi guys, and when you leave through the door into the second cave the whole screen is out of whack.

But I say, what the heck, Those new game plussers were promised that they could beak the game, I say let them.

EDIT: Oh, hey guys! didn't see you there. It is nice to get a guide for that maze, since I'm about to go through there, but you should probably spoiler it. Somebody might want to solve it themselves. Plus it is enourmous.

You are amazing.
The gaudskateers let you go if you come in from Start Cave because you're not prepared to fight them yet.
Also yes, spoiler that asap. Or I will send Noxid on you.

Nov 11, 2011 at 8:09 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"

Spoilered the guide.

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:40 PM
Professional Whatever

Thanks much.
Also version 2.0 is being uploaded right now! Thanks to Gabbalis for the help!
Now I need to leave so I can play some spelunky.

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:42 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

ooh, I love Spelunky!
sorry, that was very off topic of me

EDIT:
Come to think of it, if there are any problems with the new version, they will probably be derived from the fact that I really reset all of the flags. This might make it possible, for example, for you to reequip the boosters when they are already equipped. I think that could theoretically cause a problem? Eh, tell me if any issues manifest I guess. Not many people will probably play through new game plus anyway though.

Nov 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"

How many forms does ultima have? I've only seen one if there are multiple, I keep getting close to the end of his life but then wiping. I'm just wondering if there's more after that form.

Nov 13, 2011 at 9:46 PM
Professional Whatever

pariah386 said:
How many forms does ultima have? I've only seen one if there are multiple, I keep getting close to the end of his life but then wiping. I'm just wondering if there's more after that form.

For now, one.

Nov 14, 2011 at 5:02 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"

Can you tell me where the Beast Fang is , Or atleast a hint. Don't tell me its in the farm and im gonna edit the game to get it. if you do i will get mad and my blood pressure will reach infinity and YOUR gonna clean me off the walls.

Nov 14, 2011 at 12:01 PM
Professional Whatever

Red Tower in JN Normal.

Nov 15, 2011 at 2:52 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Heya, Lunar. Had to revive my old account here on CST just to post a few inputs about the mod.

First of all THANK YOU! ;w; I used to be on the faithful group who was waiting for Shmitz to get it finished. But yeah, gone just like 90% of game revamps and hacks, it was discontinued and forgotten >_>; (and don't get me starte don the amount of games I've been duped to believe they'd finish, and that happens DX) If it wasn't for you, I'd wouldn't see this sequel completed. Again, thank you :3

Alright, enough foot-licking |P I'm having a lot of cough-ups during the game... Not bugs or anything so far, I doubt everyone else hadn't sniped the whole coding for that, but anyway. My questions are mostly because I played this game before you grabbed it and revved up the whole thing, so what I used to know is pretty much getting thrown in the trash can since I've hit the first Genesis segment, where you lose all your weapons.

(questions in spoiler for space-crunching)

- So the statue segment, "Don't fall", is only a troll-trap now?! YOU FFFF...! XD Well I wasted some heavy time trying to guess how to go over that part until I actually dug the answer some (tens of) pages back. Still that whole part is cruel for who played JN before. The actual question about it is
Did that segment of the Graveyard where you'd have to follow King's ghost and reenact your fight with Toroko, to get the Blade, got cut out entirely? I kinda was looking forward to see that part again, being one of the CS fanboys that wasn't all too happy to slay her in the original game. That segment felt a little like a bone thrown to us.

- So when I found out on the above and got to go on G:Earth... The bubbler was WHAT STOLEN?! Ok, that was kind of a good/annoying surprise XD Also the fact that now the computer in that are gone GZZZZZT after being used once... You put that little bit in there? Can't recall it having any other scripted action other than leveling the exit to Sand Zone.

- And just to get it off my head, so now G:Earth have nothing missable? Before it used to have the Bubbler and the exit to that area in the spoilers above. So I'm still having second thoughts about leaving it behind.

- And as of now I'm still locked on the puppy maze. Pushing my patience to get this answer, eugh, but LEAVE IT TO ME I CAN DO IT! >w<;; Eventually...! That, and the fact that I can't survive this area on dodging skills alone. Too much undead dino skeletons hurling bones argh! XD I'm still struck at the Sanctuary Save Point. Am I leaving any weapon behind up to that point? Or is that really supposed to be a crash-course lesson of dodging? Again it's the same feeling that left me with second thoughts of not being able to explore G:Earth up to the last pixel.

- One last question, again about the old JN. The Snake still can't be obtained again after Grasstown? And the infinite-ammo mod for the Super Missile, gone for good or still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.