Jenka's Nightmare - Done. *mic drop* [3.0.1.0]

Oct 28, 2014 at 7:54 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
ZarroTsu said:
For Sue, the best linked consideration for her is Misery's magic being put at play. It's entirely true that Itoh was also within that same vice, but honestly who gives a crap about Itoh I mean seriously.
*ahem*

I do.

p183664-0-powbybombchulinkd84h1a4.jpg

RUNS

Oct 28, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

Oct 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Itoh wasn't necessary

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:11 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Nov 2, 2014 at 9:17 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Hey Zarrot what was that dev run that I got an email for for?

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:35 AM
It was a .flow run for a late Halloween stream. Of course, nobody actually shows up to my streams without mass advertizement, but I'm not going to make a topic for a throw-away thing.

Anyway, life is giving me a lot of lemons lately, and I'm trying to figure out how I'll progress in tying up loose ends with the mod. I need to update the walkthrough for all the map changes since 2.0.0.0, as well as the new life capsule order, etc. Plus I want to actually finish all the subsections of the walkthrough, and eventually learn enough Japanese to translate the bloody thing.

I'm going to try playing through the game in a 1HP run and look for any leftover text bugs to fix along with the really small one above with the Gaudskateers. It'll give me something to do, and perhaps tweak other things to be less tedious as far as 'being able to avoid damage' goes. I'm pretty sure everything is possible if you take your time, though.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

*cough*

Nov 15, 2014 at 8:46 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I am stuck at the guardians maze in genesis. I have no idea what pattern you are supposed to use in order to get past it.

Nov 16, 2014 at 6:34 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thanks, now I can finally get further in my quest to beat a full fledged mod that doesn't suck balls.

Nov 17, 2014 at 7:36 PM
So, I may as well status update since I noticed something pretty dumb/semi-substantial.

I've been working diligently on the new website. Biggest issue with the redesign is that my optimizing got the better of me and I need to rewrite all of the 'area map' pages, which will be a pain in the butt, but I'm utilizing css instead if individual IMG's for all the little icons. Should help make pages load a bit faster, if they were slow for anyone before.

I'm considering at the very least getting all the not-area-map stuff done by Friday and throwing the area maps under the bus as an 'under construction' page while I get wrapped up in Sm4sh for at least a month before I ever see the light of day again.

Anywho, the dumb/semi-substantial thing I noticed while going through the collectables is that, somehow, probably through speed-updating or something when I added the new machine gun ammo and moved bubbler ammo around, I accidentally put one additional bubbler ammo and one fewer snake ammo chest.

So if anyone's incredibly cheesed at having 225 bubbler ammo and only 70 snake ammo, that'd be my goof.

In any case, I'm holding off on the hopefully-last-for-reals-this-time update until I finish the walkthrough in full.

Nov 18, 2014 at 4:29 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I found a text glitch. I should had found it a long time ago. This is in "Oblivion." Look in Spoiler for the part of that script in question.
Code:
<PRI<CMU0000<UNI0001<FON0401:0001<WAI0050<SKJ0024:0096<SK+0024<EVE0097
<SAT<MSGAll things must end so they
may begin again.<NOD
Why would you stop me?<NOD
How can you stop me?<NOD<CLRDestruction is an absolute.<NOD
You are powerless to oppose it!<NOD<CLO<EVE0098
<MSGAll things must end so they
may begin again.<NOD
"How can you stop me?" will not show up in the speed-text version (#0096). To fix: Place a <CLR before "Why would you stop me?".

Nov 20, 2014 at 12:26 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I found a text glitch. I should had found it a long time ago. This is in "Oblivion." Look in Spoiler for the part of that script in question.
Code:
<PRI<CMU0000<UNI0001<FON0401:0001<WAI0050<SKJ0024:0096<SK+0024<EVE0097
<SAT<MSGAll things must end so they
may begin again.<NOD
<MSGAll things must end so they
may begin again.<NOD
"How can you stop me?" will not show up in the speed-text version (#0096). To fix: Place a <CLR before "Why would you stop me?".

Essentially, speed text is what happens when you fight a boss, die, and then go back to their area from your previous save point, yes?

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
ZarroTsu, I recommend checking events #0100 and #0104 in Devil's Garden. Seeing they have an <EQ+0002 for Map System. Based on my inspection, you may have neglected to do an Item Check jump for the Map System item with <ITJ0002:####. It may be possible to use the Map System by pressing the Map button without the Map System item when leaving Devil's Garden.

Add this to the list of to-dos for the possible final version.

Review others:
Text Glitch
Gaudskateer

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 25, 2014 at 11:04 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I've been really enjoying this game, but I have no idea how to handle the last cave boss, even switching to super missles and getting enough capsules for 60 hp hasn't helped much. Are there any particular strategies that make that fight more bearable?

Nov 26, 2014 at 3:56 AM
Grind EXP and Hearts from the Critters Genesis spawns, which you can force it to do by staying against the floor. The exp will conveniently collect to the bottom left of the arena.

Genesis has 9999 HP is invincible, so feel free to ignore it for the most part. It'll stay next to Oblivion, and Oblivion won't appear until it reaches the far left, so you can use it as a gauge for how much more Critter farming you can do before you have to fight some more.

Nov 26, 2014 at 4:01 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
ZarroTsu said:
Grind EXP and Hearts from the Critters Genesis spawns, which you can force it to do by staying against the floor. The exp will conveniently collect to the bottom left of the arena.

Genesis has 9999 HP is invincible, so feel free to ignore it for the most part. It'll stay next to Oblivion, and Oblivion won't appear until it reaches the far left, so you can use it as a gauge for how much more Critter farming you can do before you have to fight some more.
I finished though used the life pot.
I liked hanging out on the platform, but it seemed hearts/missles/exp would often vanish a square or two before the back wall.

Nov 26, 2014 at 12:59 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
ZarroTsu said:

It could actually be defeated at one point?

Nov 26, 2014 at 1:47 PM
No, 9999HP and "invincible" are the same thing, I think. Although even if it isn't, you could kill the actual boss at least 9 times in that same span of time you tried killing the decoy.

Nov 30, 2014 at 5:56 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Am I missing something in the process of getting to the 3rd secret room?
I went to the 1st and 2nd secret rooms, I went to sand zone and got the dog whistle, set mimiga and gaudi to eachother and went in flower to get to the Booster teleport, but when I blow the whistle the teleporter just turns off and I can't use it.