Is Sue a furry

May 8, 2008 at 12:27 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
JacobX891 said:
...since Mimigas are, quite obviously, descended from rabbits..
I personally disagree. I work under the assumption that the world that cave story is set in is a pseudo-earth (search for a huge argument with Roonil on the subject), therefore rabbits may have never existed considering that the monsters are the native animals of that world. So no, not so obvious. But it is obvious that they were based on rabbits when they were designed by Pixel but within the game's world it is questionable.

JacobX891 said:
...and Sue is anywhere from 8 to 12, and rabbits live shorter lives than humans..
Again comparing a Rabbit's life span to a Mimiga's doesn't work. And Mimigas don't exactly breed like Rabbits or there would be alot more of them.

JacobX891 said:
..and (I think) the age any mammal can reproduce varies directly with the length of that mammal's average lifespan, wouldn't that mean that there is a slim chance that between the time Sue was transformed into a Mimiga and the time she jumped off of the island, she could have been impregnated by any of the Mimigas she'd encountered? We hardly see Sue on-camera (in fact, she only appears in about 5 scenes) and the number of male Mimigas is almost gargantuan compared to the number of females. (Actually, the reason for this is because the Doctor kidnapped more female Mimigas than male. Why? He likes to f*ck them.) There is only one female Mimiga in any given settlement, excluding Curly's lot. Now, Chaco contributes more than enough, this we can agree on, but besides her there is only 1 other female Mimiga, and that happens to be Chie, who, even for a rabbit, is probably too young to reproduce. Add up all of this and you get one answer: The Mimiga population will eventually drop dramatically, especially after Chaco inevitably dying from the combined power of all sexually transmitted diseases known to M(imiga)an. That is, it would, unless a female Mimiga were to somehow just pop out of nowhere. You see, the Mimigas are not stupid; they most likely knew of their inevitable extinction. When Sue came along, they saw a new hope for their race. Do you really think Sue spent the entire time in that cage doing nothing? I think it's very unlikely King would just let the village die out when instead he had a female Mimiga, right there, locked up in that cage. I don't think that when King looked away in the cutscene right after Grasstown, he was doing it out of dislike. I think he was doing it out of awkwardness.
What about Toroko?
And Chaco is more than capable. :p

May 8, 2008 at 6:08 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
andwhyisit said:
I personally disagree. I work under the assumption that the world that cave story is set in is a pseudo-earth (search for a huge argument with Roonil on the subject), therefore rabbits may have never existed considering that the monsters are the native animals of that world. So no, not so obvious. But it is obvious that they were based on rabbits when they were designed by Pixel but within the game's world it is questionable.
Evolution and inter-racial mating are not impossible. And the magic might've been a result of evolution, who knows?

And Jacob, your theory makes sense for once.

May 8, 2008 at 9:43 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Well, I was facepalming because... :p You're always on the f*ck theme. Not that it's bad... but still...

As for your theory eh... I found it interesting. Even if I don't agree...

The origin of Mimigas? Natural or magical... The whole Sue a human turning into a Mimiga reminds me of other games where human characters are cursed and transformed into monsters. Blobs, rabbit-like creatures, mogs, etc
But naturally decended from rabbits? Seems too much of a stretch, rabbits are wayyyy down the chain of evolution with intelligence if we're talking earth-like stuff. I would easier see the Frenzied Mimigas as descents from rabbits than the smart normal mimgas... But it's all fantasy so we know how that goes.

As for the lack of Mimigas... (especially females) I think they are there. But, Pixel simply didn't show us all of them. I got the impression that there were far more flowers than Mimigas that we see. And I believe in the old RPG City effect. You venture to a city, and only find about 10-20 people to talk to in a pretty small area lol When it's implied there are far more living there.
I mean the Doctor really can't start "The War" again... even if he has plenty of flowers unless he has a lot of Mimigas at his disposal.
The Mimiga's village consists of like 5 buildings or something, and a strange musical farm lol There must be much more that is implied, simply by the amount of Mimigas working on the plantation.
I just don't get the impression that they are on the verge of extinction, with only 1 or 2 females remaining.

And the doctor x Mimiga thing...... . . . ..
The Doctor just didn't seem like the type who was interested in Mimigas ... sexually. He seems more of a mad scientist type, rather than a ... let's play type.
His annoying speech about the Red Crystal working on humans now, he cares Much more about his work I think than ... having his way with *rabbits* [if you think they are evolved from them]
Although, I would love to see Balrog and Misery's look if they caught the Doctor doing... eh.... .... ....
anywyas

And King x Sue???????????????????????????????????????
.....................................................................................
......................................................................................
I think you are playing Cave StoryX-Change :confused:

But, if you like your idea; don't mind my text, it's just my opinion.

EDIT :
Evolution and inter-racial mating are not impossible. And the magic might've been a result of evolution, who knows?
Well he was a medical doctor... a mad one at that ;p Maybe with the red crystal anything is possible ... .. .. .. . . . . .. . .. . . . . .. .
EDITEDIT!
lol... I just realized my avatar... ribbit!
EDITEDITEDIT ::::::::

I am curious... we know that Sue transforms into that bunny girl/furry human/mimiga thing, but what the heck does Misery turn into???

May 8, 2008 at 10:09 AM
Respwnt
Hmmm... the game never really establishes a definition for "red flowers". Is it that all flowers coloured red cause mutation in mimigas? If so, why not other flowers? Why don't other flowers cause Igor to go all monstrous? Can we take it for granted that other flowers don't posess magical capabilities? Isn't it rather odd that beings the same size as us humans rely on flowers for sustenance?

Going by the assumption that mimigas existed only on the Island during the game's timeline, how about a possibility that a group of explorers took rabbits along with them to test the effect of the Island's environment on them? Then, magical flowers (not red) caused mutations in them that made them the size they are and behave remarkably like we do.

Here's a further expansion of the theory:
X-Calibar said:
I am curious... we know that Sue transforms into that bunny girl/furry human/mimiga thing, but what the heck does Misery turn into???
Since the flowers cause Rabbits to replicate human behaviour and appearance, how about the Doctor basing the Crystal a bunch of flowers, one or more of which also cause the reverse?

I dunno how mutch of this is possible, but I'm pretty sure there was no mention of mimigas existing during Ballos's time.

May 9, 2008 at 4:04 AM
Justin-chan
No.

Misery's menses just happened to be approaching, the Enragedness about her was due to the Doctor bringing forward her menstruation date.

And you know what girls do when they have their menses.

THEY BECOME MORE AGGRESIVE THAN BOYS

THEY FAP TO GURO

AND ALL THAT

May 9, 2008 at 5:15 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Roonil Wazlib said:
Inter-racial mating? With Earth variety Rabbits? No. No physical compatibility there.
Evolution? Tell me in a few million years from now. :D (assuming that mankind is still human-like or even around)

jcys810 said:
No.

Misery's menses just happened to be approaching, the Enragedness about her was due to the Doctor bringing forward her menstruation date.

And you know what girls do when they have their menses.

THEY BECOME MORE AGGRESIVE THAN BOYS

THEY FAP TO GURO

AND ALL THAT
She levitates there doing nothing until you attack her.
Only if you attack her does she counterattack with her Summon spell, then afterwards she just floats around until you attack her again. This makes misery very useful for getting XP and health dropped by the enemies.
Misery was most likely fighting the spell, but what does that tell you about Sue when she attacks you unprovoked? :D

JacobX891 said:
Well, not on the verge of extinction, no, because mimigas reproduce in large litters :D
Not confirmed really. In fact I doubt it. If Chie was part of a large litter then why are there no other mimiga her age? What about Toroko? I thought Arthur was all the family Toroko had left. I also got the impression that all the older Mimigas were lost in the war and that Arthur was older than Toroko, sort of like a big brother. Also any sentient being that was born in a litter would have a family-like bond with rest of the litter but not with another litter of the same parent. The large litters theory is obviously only based on the reproductive rate of rabbits rather than any facts from the actual game.

Poking holes in theories again. :D

May 9, 2008 at 5:56 AM
Justin-chan
what does that tell you about Sue when she attacks you unprovoked?
100% Menstruation.

May 9, 2008 at 7:08 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Something tells me that this will become a Chaco thread.

May 9, 2008 at 7:08 AM
Respwnt
andwhyisit said:
Inter-racial mating? With Earth variety Rabbits? No. No physical compatibility there.
Evolution? Tell me in a few million years from now. :D (assuming that mankind is still human-like or even around)

We've already been through this in the Chaco thread...

andwhyisit said:
Poking holes in theories again. :D
Go baby!! XD

May 9, 2008 at 8:56 AM
Justin-chan
Something tells me that this will become a Chaco thread.
Better than backstory threads...

May 9, 2008 at 11:31 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
jcys810 said:

Then is that what that weird red, bubbly form the doc takes after being defeated by Quote downstairs really is.............

Whatever it is, I actually thought that Misery was transformed into a cow at first, though she's nowhere similar to that.

May 9, 2008 at 12:55 PM
Justin-chan
@Roonil - no u
@freezit4 - k.

May 10, 2008 at 2:13 PM
Justin-chan
I WAS REPLYING D:YOU FUCKING PERSON WHO READS THIS

May 10, 2008 at 3:09 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
She levitates there doing nothing until you attack her.
Only if you attack her does she counterattack with her Summon spell, then afterwards she just floats around until you attack her again. This makes misery very useful for getting XP and health dropped by the enemies.
Misery was most likely fighting the spell, but what does that tell you about Sue when she attacks you unprovoked?
Apparently, Sue just doesn't have the degree of control that Misery does. I mean, Misery's been under a curse that forces her to obey others for... atleast four peoples' reigns, however long or short they may've been, and whatever time span there may have been 'tween each.

... but then, my initial thought, after fighting them, was more that Sue's attack seemed rather... weak. I mean, she pauses for a long time, then spins towards you blindly, and then pauses for a long time, and then moves harmlessly, and then pauses for a long time...
Even Toroko was worse than her.

May 11, 2008 at 1:18 PM
Justin-chan
JacobX891 said:
To tell you the truth...

I've never beaten hell OR Ballos.
I don't think andwhy has beaten Ballos yet.