Is Sue a furry

Apr 28, 2008 at 11:49 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
andwhyisit said:
Sue hated being a Mimiga.
I think it's not if Sue hated or liked being a Mimiga, it's like having a delicious hotdog or something to eat, and you're feeling sick yet somebody forces you to eat it... Then you .... Grag...h....h.

All about the circumstances :D

EDIT: she didn't want to go to the island, and she had been kidnapped by the Doctor, Toroko her only friend bites the dust, King bites the dust... etc etc

Somebody needs to give Sue a hug...

Apr 29, 2008 at 12:13 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
She got to take her anger out on Quote in the final Battle.
Yay anger management!

Apr 29, 2008 at 1:24 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
X-Calibar said:
EDIT: she didn't want to go to the island, and she had been kidnapped by the Doctor, Toroko her only friend bites the dust, King bites the dust... etc etc

wait, does sue even know toroko died??? i mean quote was the only witness, and he never mentions it to her

Apr 29, 2008 at 1:42 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
X-Calibar said:
I think it's not if Sue hated or liked being a Mimiga, it's like having a delicious hotdog or something to eat, and you're feeling sick yet somebody forces you to eat it... Then you .... Grag...h....h.

All about the circumstances :D

Sue didn't know about Toroko dying and she wasn't all that fond of King let alone any other Mimiga 'sides Toroko.

Apr 29, 2008 at 6:20 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
andwhyisit said:
Sue didn't know about Toroko dying and she wasn't all that fond of King let alone any other Mimiga 'sides Toroko.
Booster : Who's that Mimiga?
Sue : That's King. A friend of mine here in the village. There used to be tons of Mimigas here. Nearly all of them, though, have been kidnapped by the Doctor's goons. Even King has lost friends...

I don't think we can be so certain about her not being so fond about other Mimigas. She didn't have to say "That's King. A friend of mine here in the village."
Sure, she probably hated his guts when she first got locked up in that cage. But, King stayed with Sue the entire time, and it's possible they talked a lot between the time of heading to grasstown and returning with Kazuma. Besides Toroko is a mutual friend of theirs, which helps break the ice. I'm sure Sue and King bickered a lot though, they both seem suited to tossing taunts back and forth.
Okay, she could have been just saying friend about King to help reassure everyone; but I really think there's a good chance that King and Sue talked and started to become friends. It's the whole, put two people that hate each other in a room, and they'll either kill each other or completely change their minds about each other lol
King didn't like Sue... Sue didn't like King... but maybe now Sue and King had the beginnings of a good friendship.

As for Sue's knowledge of Toroko or King's fate... I imagine she feared the worst when Quote turned up in jail, and/or there's the possiblity that Misery could have taunted/told her what happened to Toroko. Seems like her style, and seems like Sue would ask if she were given the chance. But, yeah no real evidence that I can think of... just imagination :D

Oh wait. I almost forgot :
Momorin : So you are the savior Sue spoke of.

That's right, Sue is free to roam or escapes initially after being taken to the Plantation. That's probably how she is able to talk to her mom... Also she'd be able to talk to the other Mimigas. Sue probably could have asked about Toroko between then and the end, including when she was with Misery again at the end before Quote shows up... [assuming she wasn't unconscious the entire time]

It just seems like she would have asked someone about Toroko and King at some point... as they were the only Mimigas she Might have been friends with. [whether she discovered their fate on the other hand is up to you...]

...Otherwise you could regard Sue as cold and careless for not asking or thinking about her friend.

Apr 29, 2008 at 7:34 PM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
...Otherwise you could regard Sue as cold and careless for not asking or thinking about her friend.
When I met Sue later after toroko being killed, I was expecting her to ask about toroko and played the whole story and she haven't mentioned it which make Sue disappointed about being selfish! Poor you Sue!

May 1, 2008 at 5:50 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I think Sue's a furry. I mean, everybody wants to be things that they adore(except food) and apparently, Sue likes Mimigas. She befriended Toroko, claimed King to be her friend, and I remember the other Mims to have described Sue as nice, which implies her... well, being nice with all Mims, 'cause she likes 'em.

S. P. Gardebiter said:
*kills himself*
orly

'_' ......................... O_O !

Is SP-san a furry?

May 1, 2008 at 10:43 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
I bought a nice furry rug today. It will go well with the carpet in the living room, I think.

In all seriousness though, now that I think on it, Sue was probably just angry when she said she hated everything on the island, and started acting nicer after she'd softened up a bit. But that just means she's a nice li'l girl, it doesn't make her furry >_>;
Frankly I think we're looking into it a bit deeply. It was kind of a silly question to ask in the first place (no offense Jacob), and it really doesn't make much sense when put into the context of cave story.

May 1, 2008 at 3:03 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
andwhyisit said:
Sue hated being a Mimiga.
I was talking strictly about the time when she was affected by the crystal. She wasn't herself then, and therefore, that was the time she truly had a monster's mind.

We see that mimigas, although a completely different species, think and act very mutch like we humans do. However, when Red Flowered, they turn into a completely different being mentally. Therefore, they all could furried mentally, but physically they remain mimigas, only stronger. Since Sue was a mimiga at that point of time, the same thing could apply to her when the Doctor uses the crystal :p

@Jacob

If you check, all backstory talk was meant to draw a conclusion about the furry issue >.>

May 2, 2008 at 2:56 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
JacobX891 said:
Yes, for you see, Mimigas are the result of a magic spillout gone horribly, horribly awry. the magic caused rabbits to mutate to the point where they walked on two legs and could speak human dialect.

The purple mimigas (Chaco's breed) were especially affected. The magic fused with their DNA, causing them to have abilities beyond those of the mimigas, and, in fact, of the humans as well. They gained Psychic abilities, the power to read minds, to tell identities at a mere glance. Thus explains Chaco's seeing through your mimiga mask disguise.

Jenka, when she saw these monsters, decided to confine them to the island, along with Ballos, and kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

She also happened to find a type of tick that was also mutated and that (coincidentally) only fed off of the blood of rabbits. Jenka, with her keen foresight, knew that the mimiga population would grow out of control unless there was a limiting factor (after all, they are rabbits [incidentally, Chaco sleeping with Quote could have been a joke based off of this, as rabbits are considered to be slutty]), so she stored them on the island as well.

When Ikachan's spaceship crashed upon the surface, well, Jenka was just exasperated! her life became so stressful that she slowly began to shrink (as stress has been linked to shrinking), and soon she was, well, what you see now.

However, her stress and hard work built an ecosystem, and soon the island prospered!

how's THIS tangent, bitches?
WTF?!
That is even worse than X-Calibar's "Credit Grouping" theory. :p

EDIT: Oh yeah I needed to say "furry" in this text.

May 2, 2008 at 3:33 AM
/end
It was out of her control so she is not a furry.

May 2, 2008 at 6:03 AM
/end
But who is to say that she was enjoying being a Mimiga in the first place?

And with the Crystal she was under a type of mind control so that is out of the question.

May 2, 2008 at 7:00 AM
Respwnt
MetaSeraphim said:
But who is to say that she was enjoying being a Mimiga in the first place?

And with the Crystal she was under a type of mind control so that is out of the question.
Listen dude, mind control in CS might not be what we read in the magic books. The Crystal does not let Doctor choose every act Sue does. It simply makes the mimiga mutate, and therefore, they control their own actions, except that they are not themselves when they do.

As for the first question, who is to say the Crystal didn't make her enjoy her new form?

May 2, 2008 at 7:12 AM
/end
That's why I said a sort of mind control, she was only attacking Quote, but not the Doctor or Misery. Same can be said about how Misery didn't attack the Doctor or Sue.

Who is to say she was enjoying it in the first place I ask again? I mean Sue never shows that she enjoys either of hr forms so it's just a moot point.

May 2, 2008 at 7:26 AM
Respwnt
MetaSeraphim said:
That's why I said a sort of mind control, she was only attacking Quote, but not the Doctor or Misery. Same can be said about how Misery didn't attack the Doctor or Sue.

Who is to say she was enjoying it in the first place I ask again? I mean Sue never shows that she enjoys either of hr forms so it's just a moot point.
Misery and Sue were the same species after the Crystal affected them, so they wouldn't attack each other, would they? I mean, look at how nature works, carnivores prey on other species, but never others of their own. When you're locked in a room with a snake and another human being, you're likely to not attack the human, but defend yourself against the snake. It's how life goes, cannibalism is no more immoral than hunting or poaching, but it's treated as the worst sin ever.

And the Doctor was near invincible at the time, so it's easy math what a puny mimiga could do against something as huge as an undead core. Have you ever seen a dog pick a fight with a leopard?

Last question, who is to say Sue didn't enjoy her frenzied form? All this is just speculation, nothing absolute.

May 2, 2008 at 7:30 AM
/end
Like I said it's a moot point, just something the fans can talk and debate about because they're bored. =P

May 2, 2008 at 7:38 AM
Respwnt
MetaSeraphim said:
Like I said it's a moot point, just something the fans can talk and debate about because they're bored. =P
It is, but the approach you take is looking for in-game signs, which is a direct contradiction to your Chaco argument, although that's off-topic here.

But if you take X-Calibar's approach and imagine it is a real world and ignore the stuff just there for gameplay, it definitely isn't far-fetched.

But I guess the only sign is what you see in Pixel's Original Artwork of Sue in the Undead Core battle. :p

May 2, 2008 at 7:49 AM
/end
Anyone (except Ballos) in the artwork have smiles on their faces, if that's what you're talking about.

May 2, 2008 at 8:06 AM
Respwnt
MetaSeraphim said:
Anyone (except Ballos) in the artwork have smiles on their faces, if that's what you're talking about.
Nope. Don't wanna say it, but if you look at the Undead Core pic, Sue looks... grown. I never noticed that before I saw that a lotta fanart drew her that way.