Is Sue a furry

May 2, 2008 at 8:16 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
If Sue ain't furry, she should've expressed her discomfort being that thing.

May 2, 2008 at 8:19 AM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Oh that. *cough*

I should ask what does that have to do with enjoying being in that form since she just flys around the room. And even though it's been talk about before I should also ask how does enjoying being in that kind of form make you a furry, as far as I know being a furry is a fetish which involves sex and there was none of that going on in the game, except maybe with Chaco, and maybe Curly.

May 2, 2008 at 8:21 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
freezit4 said:
If Sue ain't furry, she should've expressed her discomfort being that thing.
>_>;
I don't go around complaining that I'm human, but that doesn't mean I enjoy being myself solely for sexual pleasure.

MetaSeraphim said:
Oh that. *cough*

I should ask what does that have to do with enjoying being in that form since she just flys around the room. And even though it's been talk about before I should also ask how does enjoying being in that kind of form make you a furry, as far as I know being a furry is a fetish which involves sex and there was none of that going on in the game, except maybe with Chaco, and maybe Curly.
It all depends on the mentality you pick. If you view CS's story as just what takes place in-game, you won't find mutch to discuss about it. However, if you choose to wander deeper into the character personalities and whatnot, you'll see just how mutch there is to chatter about. Of course, all this feeds off Pixel's favourite answer whenever he's asked something unexplained in the game, "I leave it all to the player's imagination."

May 2, 2008 at 10:14 PM
/end
No you can't.

And she is still not a furry because she would have wanted to be a Mimiga in the first place, she was turned into one against her will.

May 2, 2008 at 10:44 PM
/end
I could go make a mod where Sue says she hates being a Mimiga, what's your point?

May 3, 2008 at 7:56 AM
Respwnt
JacobX891 said:
SO?!?!?!
Just because you didn't want to do something originally, after doing it you may change your mind. I could always end this discussion by making a mod where Sue admits it and end this bullsh*t, but I want to see this thread go the way of my Chaco thread.
because I'm a sick fuck.
Dude, get a few things into your mind:

1. You don't rule the world.
2. You aint the admin, nor a mod.
3. You have no control over who posts in your thread. All you can do about all this is request SP to close it if you want.
4. You shouldn't expect everyone to agree with you.

@Meta

Jacob has a point. It doesn't matter if she hated being a mimiga when she was transformed. You can always grow to like what you are.

May 4, 2008 at 2:11 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Okay look. Even if Sue did enjoy being turned into that well-developed were-mimiga thingy by way of her perception being warped, that doesn't mean that she's furry. More likely than not she enjoyed the rush of power or something. It didn't mean she suddenly wanted to go and start performing various unmentionables on Quote (quiet you <_<).
The term itself probably isn't even applicable to Cave Story. I said this before but people keep ignoring me :(

May 4, 2008 at 3:32 AM
Guy with Sword
I agree with Double Think. As sick of a mind Pixel might or might not have, Cave Story is still theoretically a PG rated game (minus Chaco). And Sue is what, ten? Give it a break.

Also, if you are trying to apply real-life scenarios and logic to this debate, keep in mind: Sue doesn't actually exist. Fictional characters don't have sexual preference unless the Author actually intends for them to have one.

May 4, 2008 at 6:38 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
JacobX891 said:
2: Not on this forum, I know.
Never thought there'd be a forum sicker than this one. jk

May 4, 2008 at 6:46 AM
Respwnt
Atravir said:
I agree with Double Think. As sick of a mind Pixel might or might not have, Cave Story is still theoretically a PG rated game (minus Chaco). And Sue is what, ten? Give it a break.

Also, if you are trying to apply real-life scenarios and logic to this debate, keep in mind: Sue doesn't actually exist. Fictional characters don't have sexual preference unless the Author actually intends for them to have one.
In the world we're talking about, Pixel doesn't exist. As in we're using our imagination to describe the events in the CS world as though they were in real world. Pixel left most of it to our imagination. He didn't care to explain how fireballs work underwater, we did that ourselves. The same way, we're taking the imagination thing a bit further.

X-Calibar is the best one to explain all this, but I gave it a try. Dunno if I was good enough. :(

May 4, 2008 at 8:43 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
It is possible to make up an argument for just about anything based on the fact that there's nothing explicitly against it, but that doesn't mean you should. I'm all for a good debate, but some things just aren't worth it. I could argue that Misery really grows a beard and spends most of her time off-camera shaving it and putting on white face make-up, and just because there's nothing in game that definitively proves me wrong doesn't mean it isn't silly.

In before "Misery really has a beard" thread :|

May 4, 2008 at 8:46 AM
Respwnt
I didn't make the thread. I'm just here to state that nothing is far-fetched enough to rule it out. I'd do the same for the Misery thread. But if you take a look at some fanart, you'll notice that the furry idea is quite popular. Check out the first page of the Movie Script thread for the said fanart.

May 4, 2008 at 9:19 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
In the world we're talking about, Pixel doesn't exist. As in we're using our imagination to describe the events in the CS world as though they were in real world. Pixel left most of it to our imagination. He didn't care to explain how fireballs work underwater, we did that ourselves. The same way, we're taking the imagination thing a bit further.

X-Calibar is the best one to explain all this, but I gave it a try. Dunno if I was good enough.
p35171-0-1hiko.jpg

Looks good to me, KenshinRoonil. :cool:

But, just in case :
Bottomline is Cave Story is just a game. Everything that we imagine or create is above and beyond the original creation. That would be the boring reality of things. Although...

If you want to try to see what Pixel was thinking or why things are they way they are; it would be best to talk to him about Doukutsu Monogatari. (He'll probably sound Japanese though.) An alternative way to understanding why he May have created the game as he has and to answer questions like Jacob's, is to look for popular references in CS. [This would make a good thread btw :p]

Example, I think he probably at least thought of Metroid when making the missiles, energy tanks, the item pickup sound for health capsule thing... This is something we can probably pickup on pretty easily.
Example, First Cave in my opinion looks like a Tanuki thing, that would be well known in Japan.
Example, the underwear; "Jammed it in Curly's Mouth", stuff like that I'm pretty sure is referencing popular sketchy situations or meme common in anime and some Japanese PC games... [I think several awkward situations like these came up in Excel Saga lol, which is a total parody of a of other anime]

Finally as for Sue's furry status... To me she looks more like an EVIL Bunny Gurl!
p35171-1-undcore.jpg

I asked what a Furry was...
jcys810 said:
According to Wikipedia,
Furry is an adjective referring to something covered in fur.

As a slang word, furry may also refer to:

A member of the furry fandom—fans of artwork, stories, and related products (comics, movies, costumes, etc.) which feature anthropomorphic animals
An animal character with anthropomorphic characteristics, also known as:
Funny animals in cartooning (which may have human type characters and fandoms referred to as Skins)
Talking animals
So if that definition is true, all Mimigas are furries... including Sue as long as she is transformed.
[Sue's transformed red crystal look still looks less furry and more bunny girl to me lol]

Sonic and friends are also furries...
Transformation fetish is a context of sexual fetishism in which a person becomes sexually aroused by descriptions or depictions of transformations, usually the transformations of people into other beings or objects.
I don't think Sue would enjoy all the mess she went through; however the player [i.e. JacobX, SP? :p] might have enjoyed thinking about it? lol

I'm not sure what my point is, but there you have it!

@JacobX -
there are a few demons that i'm dealing with atm.
I pray for your victory. ;)

May 6, 2008 at 2:27 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I've only been kind of skimming through the posts here, given the length of some of them, but could anyone explain why "sex" has been brought up repeatedly here? Seems kind of irrelevant...

So if that definition is true, all Mimigas are furries... including Sue as long as she is transformed.
[Sue's transformed red crystal look still looks less furry and more bunny girl to me lol]

Sonic and friends are also furries...
Don't believe everything you read online. ;P
"Furry" happens to be very poorly defined, since many people have different definitions for it. Makes this whole question pretty pointless, atleast as far as coming to any definitive conclusion goes - not that there's anything wrong with pointless, aimless conversation.
Personally, I wouldn't consider Sonic the Hedgehog to be furry - my definition is based on intent, i.e., a bipedal dog drawn by someone making a furry is a furry; a bipedal dog drawn by someone not even aware of the context is just another anthropomorphic dog.
But then, I distinguish between "anthropomorphic" and "furry," which most don't, so bleh. xP Most wouldn't call Zeke, of Ctrl+Alt+Del comics, 'furry,' but he definitely is anthropomorphic.

Thuuus... on that basis, I call Sue's status as a furry to be determined purely by whether or not she has any concept of the fandom, and whether or not she associates herself with it; elsewise, by whether or not Pixel was thinking, "Hey, I want some furries in my game! I think I'll call them "Mimigas.""

Well, this turned out longer than I'd expected.

May 6, 2008 at 12:59 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Well like I said before, a character in something can't really be furry unless they specifically behave like one. Saying Sue's furry because she's covered in fur is like saying that Sephiroth and Cloud are gay solely because of all the yaoi drawn of them. (Not the 'normal' meaning of furry mind you, Sue is definitely that, unless it's hair as opposed to fur, and seeing as Mimigas are supposedly rabbits and rabbits have hair... argh never mind. This topic is silly anyway :confused: )

May 7, 2008 at 8:56 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
JacobX891 said:
Lastly, since all these definitions seem so different from mine and I got mine from encyclopedia dramatica, can I trust encyclopedia dramatica?
I should think that that question answers itself.

May 7, 2008 at 10:36 AM
Justin-chan
Encylopedia Dramatica is the best form of Wiki ever.

May 7, 2008 at 10:38 AM
Justin-chan
May 7, 2008 at 1:17 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Hey, why are all these definitions so different anyway?
Because, that's what the fandom itself is like; Very, very fragmented, in just about every way.
I've tried adding small notes on, "things that contribute to this problem," or examples of what I'm talking about, but I always end up with some long-winded, confusing multi-paragraph essay, so... blah.
I'll just leave it at that. The fandom's fragmented, and so the definitions for its names are equally so.

How do you make a furry?
... uhm, the same way you make a robot, or a hermit, or a magic sorcerer, or any other kind of character? ...
o.O

Lastly, since all these definitions seem so different from mine and I got mine from encyclopedia dramatica, can I trust encyclopedia dramatica?
Heeheehahahahaw.
ED's good for laughs ( rarely ) , and learning about memes. Outside of that, ever trusting it as an educational resource is a rather poor idea. xP
And obviously, if there're a lot of exclusive "definitions" for a word, then following just one is going to cause nothing but confusion. That's why I'm always careful to specify what I'm talking about, when talking on this subject.

May 7, 2008 at 10:39 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
I needs a facepalm image...

Very interesting Jacob.. very interesting...