I'm re-doing my Cave Story low% speedrun.

Jun 5, 2010 at 4:40 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
ZOMG it's slightly more done than it was the last time I checked!

Chaddykins said:
Apparently there's bounties to be gotten on speeddemosarchives for Cave Story runs now sooo...a new motivation has taken me hah.

There's a bounty on a low% Single Segment run as well :X

I have much practicing to do.
Wah I didn't see that.
*Checks*
Oooooooh. Then again if you could pull off a SS low% you'd thoroughly deserve that.

Jun 5, 2010 at 9:21 PM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
DoubleThink said:
ZOMG it's slightly more done than it was the last time I checked!

Wah I didn't see that.
*Checks*
Oooooooh. Then again if you could pull off a SS low% you'd thoroughly deserve that.

Low% SS seems do-able you'd just have to be extra extra careful. It wouldn't be very fast in other words.

Jun 6, 2010 at 3:27 AM
Slacker
Streaming for a little while. Gonna be practicing a couple things here and there.

Jun 6, 2010 at 3:42 AM
Slacker
Sorry actually having problems right now...the stream is messing up. I'll post again once I get it fixed.

Jun 6, 2010 at 3:52 AM
Slacker
Works now yay

Edit- Done streaming for right now. Need food.

Jun 6, 2010 at 6:36 AM
Slacker
Sorry for posting a ton of times in a row, but I want to continue bumping and no one seems to post much.

Here's the Final Cave run I was talkin about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS_40nPYLYM

It's not 100% flawless but it's very close IMO. I think it could be like 2-3 seconds faster.

Jun 6, 2010 at 12:08 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Jun 6, 2010 at 4:37 PM
Slacker
DoubleThink said:
Way to under-sell yourself

It's better than being very cocky and having to eat your words later :p

Jun 7, 2010 at 12:58 AM
Slacker
Playing some on stream now.

Seeing how far I can go on a single segment run.

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:57 AM
Slacker
Streaming again for an hour or two. Practicing here and there.

Jun 7, 2010 at 10:16 AM
Slacker
Done streaming.

Will probably stream more tomorrow afternoon/night.

Jun 8, 2010 at 4:11 PM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Sorry I haven't been in there for the last few days but you always host it so randomly and usually WAAAAAAAY late at night... and then there's the touneyfag guy in the chat that makes me way uncomfortable ( 'w');

Jun 8, 2010 at 4:29 PM
Slacker
ragnaroq said:
Sorry I haven't been in there for the last few days but you always host it so randomly and usually WAAAAAAAY late at night... and then there's the touneyfag guy in the chat that makes me way uncomfortable ( 'w');

Sorry on both counts :x

Most of my friends play Smash bros melee competitively (including me, look me up on smashboards) so the chance we'll talk about it is rather high haha...but sorry for any uncomfortableness. I'll try to keep that from happening again. And I'm usually up late just because that's just kinda how I am hahah.

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:11 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Hey, yeah, I popped in for a few seconds, and spammed up the place, then had to leave :|. Sorry about that. Anyway, I'm logged on as FrenzySliver on there.

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:59 PM
Chaddykins said:
Sorry on both counts :x

Most of my friends play Smash bros melee competitively (including me, look me up on smashboards) so the chance we'll talk about it is rather high haha...

Well, see, I've been playing Smash a lot ever since SSB64 very first came out in 1999 so I obviously love the series. But it's more of a nintendo fan thing than an "I must be the best" thing. I notice that once you start playing anything too competitively you can't even really play it with friends and just have a fun time anymore, at least in my case. And I just always feel dumb when I try to talk to one of those guys that bash 64/Brawl, both of which I like *WAY* more than Melee, personally... so those kinds of conversations really just end up shunning me and leaving me without anything to say, and I hate arguments...

And I'm usually up late just because that's just kinda how I am hahah.

It's how everyone is, but I always without fail feel terrible whenever I stay up too late. It's like I have to decide whether to have friends online or not feel like crap, it sucks :<

Jun 9, 2010 at 5:11 AM
Slacker
explosive said:
Hey, yeah, I popped in for a few seconds, and spammed up the place, then had to leave :|. Sorry about that. Anyway, I'm logged on as FrenzySliver on there.

Spamming is fine with me hahah, it's funner than the people who don't talk at all.

ragnaroq said:
Well, see, I've been playing Smash a lot ever since SSB64 very first came out in 1999 so I obviously love the series. But it's more of a nintendo fan thing than an "I must be the best" thing. I notice that once you start playing anything too competitively you can't even really play it with friends and just have a fun time anymore, at least in my case. And I just always feel dumb when I try to talk to one of those guys that bash 64/Brawl, both of which I like *WAY* more than Melee, personally... so those kinds of conversations really just end up shunning me and leaving me without anything to say, and I hate arguments...

Well I've played competitively for 5 years and I still love the game heh, but it's all good. However you wanna have fun is fine. We still play every thursday and usually we do some silly stuff hahah, pokemon battles on Pokemon Stadium never get old no matter how many times I play.

ragnaroq said:
It's how everyone is, but I always without fail feel terrible whenever I stay up too late. It's like I have to decide whether to have friends online or not feel like crap, it sucks :<

Heh I understand completely. I really shouldn't always be up as late as I am but it keeps happening anyway.

Jun 9, 2010 at 5:33 AM
eh, I guess if I had friends to regularly play it with like you do, much less ROOMMATES who play it, I'd be as competitive-level as you and still love it. I'm actually quite jealous, it's so hard to find anyone who's even remotely into anything I am where I live... though you also live in the south, I dunno how you pulled it off lol.

And of course he doesn't mind spam, he survived ME commentating the other night haha. I guess I should do it again sometime...

Jun 9, 2010 at 6:16 AM
Slacker
ragnaroq said:
eh, I guess if I had friends to regularly play it with like you do, much less ROOMMATES who play it, I'd be as competitive-level as you and still love it. I'm actually quite jealous, it's so hard to find anyone who's even remotely into anything I am where I live... though you also live in the south, I dunno how you pulled it off lol.

I dunno, smashboards is where I found out about tournaments and I just went from there. I'm actually living with people I've met traveling and playing smash hahah.