• Sorry guys, I fucked up in the stupidest way possible. Any avatars, attachments or media uploaded in the past month may be broken. The bulk of those are attachments.

Affected posts are by Brite / Dr. Minty Fresh / HeCooksPattiesAndSellsThe / Catalystl / ilikebreadtoomuch / Draco / minecraftstorymodefan / Extra Life / darkruler9229

Affected posts are in threads Quick Modding/Hacking Answers Thread / CS ~ Encore / game opens in 1080, occupies only the top left corner / Friday Night Funkin' / Bluebot Requisition - DEMO / Show us your desktop / Cave Story Season 2 / gacha cave story pics / Cave Story with XBRZ filter / Project Ampersand

-Andwhy

I'm fucking happy this is still here.

Sep 30, 2021 at 10:38 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I'm just happy that this forum still exists. I'm happy that forums in general still continue existing.

Thanks, everyone, for being here all these years. This place meant a lot to me and I met some great people and spent some great times on IRC and skype, back in 2007-2012.

That's all.

Oct 1, 2021 at 12:25 AM
Long-term planner
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
That was the longest I've seen you go inactive, WoodenRat. I thought for sure you weren't coming back after that one, but I guess I was wrong, your days weren't over just yet. I got real excited when I saw you posting again, because then I got my hopes up that you might finally cross the finish line and eventually reach 2000 posts. But it looks like you just dropped by to make a few posts, so I guess I may still be waiting quite a while for you to make those extra 65 posts outside of the Satellite Lounge you still need to reach that milestone.

Also yeah, I'm also glad that this place still exists. I have a special sort of fondness for this community, even though it's nowhere near as active as it used to be (and even back then, the CSTSF was considered less active than a lot of other forums). It does make me a little bit sad to see that message boards are a dying medium, though. While instant messaging apps like Discord can streamline communication in a certain way, there's less room for lengthy, thoughtful discussions, and if you're not online right as a certain conversation is happening, you can miss out on it. Seeing previous replies or past conversations is also a lot harder with apps like Discord, but is extremely straightforward with forums like this. That's one reason why I think message boards like this still have their place on the internet. Sadly, a growing population of the internet doesn't agree with me on that.

Even though it's sad to see this place less active, it kind of works for me in the phase of life that I'm in now, since I'm out on my own and working full-time, so I'm able to be a relatively active member here with a minimal time commitment. But yeah, I've heard no unironic hint from DT or Andwhy about shutting these forums down, even though this place is a lot less active. I think they share in those sentimental feelings that you expressed, probably more so than anyone else here, which is probably why they still keep this place running.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2021 at 2:41 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I wish I was around in the heyday of the online forum. There's something with a forum to me that just really sticks, and I feel like even still, forums have their magic. One forum I really wanted to get into, the Puyo Nexus forums, has basically been archived and new accounts cannot be made, so that's a big bummer. However, with the openness of this community, I feel like we, along with many other forums, are helping keep this magic alive. The magic and wonder and stupidity of the online forum.

Thank you, for letting me be part of a forum. I'm honored to be here, even if I lurk more than I post.

Oct 5, 2021 at 2:37 AM
Aar Online
bored to death
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I'm honestly super shocked that the forums are still as "active" as they are! I have so many good memories and have made so many good friends because of this site, and I wouldn't trade any of it for the world.

Oct 5, 2021 at 4:28 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The forums are rad as hell! If I had an email as a kid, I would've joined sooner, haha. I'm glad the community is active and new members join semi-regularly.

Oct 9, 2021 at 10:20 PM
"Huzzah!"
The forums stayed over all a good memory, I wouldn't particulary say I got fond of this place mainly because I joined when the forum pretty much ended up replaced by the discord servers aka, when it was dying but I got some pretty good memories of this place.

Oct 23, 2021 at 9:45 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I've been here since 2016, and I still pop by every so often. It's strange that it's still here but yeah, I agree it's really cool.