Iji

Nov 2, 2008 at 7:47 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Man I love this game, and the sound track's great too! Took me 6 and a half hours to complete it first time around. XP

Uh, just one quick question...
How do you avoid killing Asha? Nothing I do works!!!

PS:
Anyone else found the Banana Gun yet?

Nov 5, 2008 at 12:02 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The Mulletron said:
PS:
Anyone else found the Banana Gun yet?

Banana? unless your refering to the 10th weapon? or the last weapon combination?

Nov 7, 2008 at 11:06 AM
xristosx said:
Banana? unless your refering to the 10th weapon? or the last weapon combination?
I'm referring to the 17th weapon! Its a secret weapon, but its not so difficult to find, so much as hard to get to. Its in the last half of the game.

Dec 30, 2008 at 8:51 AM
X-Calibar Online
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Another Update released!!!!!!
http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php

1.3 (25 December 2008)
SERIOUS
-Additional weapon keys customizable in the Main menu, to allow Xpadder/Joy2Key users to easily change weapons with a gamepad. By default, the A and D keys cycle the base weapons, and S changes to the currently selected weapon's super-version.
-New pacifist modifiers. It is now possible to get 0 kills, by fulfilling certain requirements where the story previously demanded that Iji was responsible for the deaths of certain bosses. Note that there are still no post-game extras/unlockables for kill count.
-Nearly all logbooks that were previously near enemies have been moved. If there are enemies present (other than ones that do not award kills), the logbook does not have any pacifist or other modifiers to its text, and is still intended to be reached only by players with aggressive playstyles. Logbooks explaining Hidden Skills have not been moved.
-Fixed various kill count-related bugs; enemy pulse cannons, Iji's Plasma cannon and Tasen Shredders now count kills correctly.
-Kicked turrets and dismounted Shredders that hit enemies only award kills within half a second of Iji kicking/dismounting them. While this may lead to intentional but unawarded kills, it's better than unintentional but awarded ones.
-Getting hurt by a Beast now adds 1 to your damage counter.
-Weapons no longer jam when using Retribution while they reload.
-Stats no longer reset when entering Sector Z, and you keep the ribbon as well.
-Suffering a warpback (due to a very rare elevator bug that may have been subverted) now resets the Ultimortal "time to live" timer.
-Skysmashers now check collisions with explosions correctly.
-When teching while the "bouncing on the floor" animation is playing, such as after firing the MPFB Devastator and teching another explosion as you hit the ground, Iji is no longer momentarily pushed into the floor.

MINOR/COSMETIC
-"Innocent" is once again listed as needing at least 0 kills rather than 2.
-Some enemies removed/replaced throughout the Sectors.
-Tweaked and rewrote many cutscene, chat and logbook texts.
-Maximum Charge Tor now only drops one Red Nanofield.
-Some logbooks now make it more clear that defeating regular Assassins does not increase your kill count.
-Boss hints are now only unskippable once per boss room.
-Ambient sounds are no longer heard in the Pause menu.
-Fixed Iji's outfit temporarily changing back to default in a boss room.
-The Iosa battle now has a better camera.
-Iji now sits for a longer time after a very high fall, but the animation can still be cancelled by jumping.
-New weapon and other secrets.
-Moved Null driver.
-Many graphical tweaks.

NOT CHANGED
-There will not be an option for windowed mode. Due to limitations in this version of Game Maker this is too difficult to implement neatly on all systems.
-A rare bug with unknown cause lets Iji move while cracking or riding an elevator, but it may have been subverted.
-A very rare bug with unknown cause makes enemies freeze in place.

mmmm looks like a major update :D

Dec 30, 2008 at 9:05 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Wow, that looks amazing! The trailer alone and the music sold it. I'll defintiely have to check that one out sometime. I've never heard of it before.

See what I mean X-Cal? This is exactly why you need to make that site I was telling you about. : ) Hint Hint

-SkyeWelse

Dec 30, 2008 at 10:51 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
X-Calibar said:
Another Update released!!!!!!
mmmm looks like a major update :D

OH sweet!!! and i recently got a xbox 360 controller for computer :D so ill be testing it on that! *skips away to try it*

Dec 30, 2008 at 8:55 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
So I just finished playing the first stage of IJI... And it's awesome. : )

-SkyeWelse

Dec 31, 2008 at 12:29 AM
X-Calibar Online
Indie game enthusiast
SkyeWelse said:
So I just finished playing the first stage of IJI... And it's awesome. : )

-SkyeWelse
Yes! This game made my favorite freeware game of 2008 :D
It only gets better as you go on...

Oh and offtopic... skye, you heard that Ys VI : Ark of Napishtim the PC version got translated right? :D
More news that should make headlines on 'that website'... :D

Dec 31, 2008 at 5:45 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Wow! It did? Not by NW right? Or is it? I'm looking at both Seldane's boards and his site to look for this... I haven't been keeping up with the Ys community for awhile now... Shame on me.

Well, in any case that's excellent news. I can't wait to try it out. What about Ys Origin? I sure hope it gets translated at some point.

-SkyeWelse

Dec 31, 2008 at 7:08 AM
X-Calibar Online
Indie game enthusiast
Ah sorry forgot the links :D
Here you go : Ancient Ys Forums is where the project originated from...
http://seldane.proboards107.com/index.cgi
And here's the Italian group that lead the effort ...
http://ys6.figlidigaucci.eu/ (note you have to register to download)
Let me also mention that on the forum there is a patch available for users of the first edition of Ys 6 that didn't previously have the features of the newer versions of Ys 6. [such as harder difficulities or time trials...] Well someone made a patch for it! It's in the Ys 6 forum for Ancient Ys.. I'll send a link if needed~!

And yes! Ys Origin seems to be already underway by the same Italian group, and some of the regular members! So it's a good time to be Ys fans... [and maybe this year Falcom will announce the next Ys!!!]

Anybody scratching their head about Ys? Here's the Ys VI opening video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb3n8qE0U4k&fmt=22
Gotta play this...

Dec 31, 2008 at 7:16 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Thanks for providing the links X-Cal. I'll have to see about re-installing Ys VI tomorrow and seeing if I can get the English patch to work. That's awesome news!

What X-Cal's trying to say folks is that if you are not playing Cave Story, you should be playing something from the Ys series. : ) We should probably get back on topic with talking about Iji, but if you have any questions about the Ys series, feel free to drop a post in the XyZ forum and we'd be happy to tell you all about this wonderful and amazing series.

-SkyeWelse

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:55 AM
Uh, just curious, but has anyone else completed this game on the Ultimortal difficulty level?

Jan 14, 2009 at 10:18 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
JacobX891 said:
Heh, I was gonna do Iji. I guess I could email him or some such to see if it's alright if I do a side-by-side LP kinda thing and take the opposite path from him.

How about you do the boring pacifist and annoying path ._.

May 14, 2009 at 5:42 PM
X-Calibar Online
Indie game enthusiast
Another update has been released~
http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php
1.4 (9 May 2009)
SERIOUS
-Fixed being able to trigger the "wrong way" message in Sector 7 if you die after opening the floor hatch, but before reaching the second Checkpoint.
-Fixed getting stuck at Sector 5 end lift if you blow yourself up at the top. Note: some players think Sector 6 becomes unbeatable after moving the main lift out of reach, but you have never needed it to beat the Sector.
-Being knocked down from firing the MPFB Devastator or Nuke no longer refills your armor.
-Detail level in the final battle lowers sooner if the game notices slowdown.
-Iji automatically switches to the Resonance reflector whenever you lose and retry the final boss.
-Berserkers know how to destroy obstacles with the Resonance detonator again (they forgot in version 1.2).
-Turrets no longer fire instantly when idle and shot by the Velocithor V2-10.
-Null driver-assisted stats can no longer be reset when entering Sector 3.

MINOR/COSMETIC
-Altered the final two cutscene pictures of the "killer path" ending (over 50 kills), and the final picture on the "pacifist path" ending, to make them more different. The picture of a certain boss character's helmet remains, as his final logbook implies that he ended it himself if you managed to skip his return fight.
-Blocked some remaining lift shafts from enemies.
-Fixed spelling errors and altered certain logbooks and dialogues.
-Massacre now drains 50 Armor instead of 1 HP.
-Updated the FAQ section of this manual.
-Null driver altered.

NOT CHANGED
-There will not be an option for windowed mode. Due to limitations in this version of Game Maker this is too difficult to implement neatly on all systems.
-A rare bug with unknown cause lets Iji move while cracking or riding an elevator, but it may have been subverted in 1.3.
-A very rare bug with unknown cause makes enemies freeze in place.
-Saving before boss rooms is still not possible due to the fact that you can enter one with no stats, making it very hard to win, thus nearly impossible to continue if you decided to overwrite the save slot you used for the beginning of the Sector. It's unfortunate I didn't plan such situations better from the start, and I apologize for abandoning this feature after promising it in an interview.

May 15, 2009 at 5:24 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Glad you're keeping up with this. I did a pacifist run a while ago, got the Massacre and all that... quite interesting. I haven't played it since then though. Also, check this out!!!

May 15, 2009 at 1:35 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Umm, as soon as I installed this, it took an unusually long time to load and all I got was music. I got absolute no interface graphics or anything. I could hear what sounded like me going through the menu by hitting the enter and esc key out of a blind act of faith, hoping something would show up, but...

EDIT: Oh, hold up, it worked like a charm the second attempt in running it.

Jul 11, 2009 at 2:40 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
bumping thread for version 1.5