Apr 21, 2018 at 8:15 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello, I'm here to be requesting help in Cave Story. I highly doubt there's anyway to fix this, but I'm going to request for help anyway...

So, I guess I should explain. Right now in Cave Story, I'm trying to get the true ending, and I'm in the plantation room right now, going down to expecting to see Curly and... Nothing. Fantastic.

I think I know what I did wrong. I avoided the first booster, tape roped Curly and everything seemed to be doing good. But, everything changes when I get to the water section right after The Core. At the section when you get blasted a bunch of water there's the water room where you rest.

Well, I skipped it. The water pushed me too much and with the chaos that was going around, I skipped the room...
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

And that's pretty much it. The only way I think I can get around this by getting a random save that someone might have or something... And I'm not redoing the full game again. This took at least 10 hours. (I suck.) And it took me 2 hours to pass both, Monster X & The Sisters.

If there's no way to fix this, might as well never play this game ever again lmao
If someone might have a way to help me out, or just want to say something, please do.

Btw, the version of cave story I'm playing right now. Is the classic "Cave Story ~ Doukutsu Monogatari" edition of cave story, making it probably even harder to make a hack/save... -_-

If you want to talk on a call about this and try to help me, you can add me on discord.
CoolStuffGAMING#0388

Oh well :/

Apr 21, 2018 at 8:19 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Have you tried the list of save files that were collected on the main website? And don't worry about the original Cave Story, that's the most flexible version, meaning it's easy to take you back to where you were before the waterway.

Apr 22, 2018 at 3:52 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Have you tried the list of save files that were collected on the main website? And don't worry about the original Cave Story, that's the most flexible version, meaning it's easy to take you back to where you were before the waterway.
No! I haven't... That sounds freaking amazing, and I had no idea at all about this... Do you mind if you can send me the link?! :) I can't find it... Thanks for replying so quickly. I really wasn't expecting a answer lol

Apr 22, 2018 at 4:09 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Saves are located in the main CaveStory website, in the "Downloads" section.
Or click here
<3 Thank you...

Saves are located in the main CaveStory website, in the "Downloads" section.
Or click here
I'm finally out. I'm finally out of limbo... I'm now at the water room with Curly... I can finally get the ending I want! :) Thank you. Both of you guys so much, I was never expecting to see an answer so easily... :D
Thanks again.
-CoolStuff

Last edited by a moderator: