Hey, a Person who Absolutely Hates, Hates, HATES CS

Mar 25, 2010 at 1:58 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
General boredom and the lack of said topic made me want to post this.

I found this review site just recently, bashing the PC game in almost all aspects. I'm certain there are valid points in there, but it's really, really hard for me to oversee his immaturity...

If anybody wants to summarize what he said, I'd appreciate it.

Oh, and don't hesitate to delete this thread if this has already been discussed somewhere.

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:07 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
dqle said:
General boredom and the lack of said topic made me want to post this.

I found this review site just recently, bashing the PC game in almost all aspects. I'm certain there are valid points in there, but it's really, really hard for me to oversee his immaturity...

If anybody wants to summarize what he said, I'd appreciate it.

Oh, and don't hesitate to delete this thread if this has already been discussed somewhere.

Actually I think I saw this before. The best thing to do if you don't like the review (or the reviewer) is not to link to it, since either way we're giving him traffic/publicity, even if it is to hate him.

And also he was playing the untranslated version, and seems to complain about there being no story or motivation (something to that effect if I remember). I kinda want to send him a comment like "Learn 2 use the english patch moron", but I could care less. Cave Story is a very story driven game (more or less) and, assuming he doesn't read japanese, he'll be likely to have a shallow experience with the game.

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:07 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Well, I must say this genuinely pisses me off.
That guy needs to get kicked into the pit of death.

dialogue scenes are as frequent as they are tedious and annoying.
No. That's not how it works. Die in a fire.

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:08 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
Dickhead smoking pot...

He lost his better sense of judgment obviously...

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:15 AM
Been here way too long...
Well, this person disagrees with me so he a) is wrong and b) should die because he is a lesser human being. Linking his review was a TERRIBLE idea, because we don't want people thinking the wrong thing about Cave Story. It's important for everyone on the forums to only hear about how great it is.

But seriously, the text he's using is making me squint. Making your readers increase their browser font size = poor website design.

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:25 AM
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
well, it pertains to cave story and it'd get a lot of people to post probably, so I can't say the thread's a bad idea. However, I'm going to take the liberty to not even click it because whoever this guy is he's not cool enough for my internet traffic :C

this forum's probably got a lot of people (myself included) that'd praise aspects of cave story that aren't even *good*, so obviously someone bashing the ORIGINAL GAME isn't going to cause anything less than severe outrage (though you seem to have acknowledged this)

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:28 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
Where does this guy live?

I need to destroy his house.

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:28 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Hmm... He called the plot convulted, but the screenshots clearly show HE USED THE JAPANESE VERSION.
He even called the music amateurish.
He's some idiot who thrives off of giving negative reviews to positive games. He thinks the game is too easy, so he obviously didn't have the brains to get to Sacred Grounds. He calls the graphics amateurish, and compared it to some "Dracula" series that isn't Castlevania. He thinks that grinding and backtracking are the same as linearity, but I would like to point out that there are hidden things in the levels. Furthermore, he kept getting lost, which is hard considering he calls the game linear.
AND HE USED THE JAPANESE VERSION.

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:29 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
If only he started at the last point of the game

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:35 AM
His main objection was that it's too easy, which is a legitimate complaint, but I'm not bothered by the difficulty level at all. He spent a long time at the beginning emphasizing how bad Cave Story is (without giving any reasons until later), and how bad some random review of it is, so that was annoying. And honestly, I was going to give this dude a fair chance at convincing me of Cave Story's faults until he said two things: One, "artfags." Two, "Halo." As in, one of the greatest games of all time. Guys, it's a fun game, but not a masterpiece.
So yeah, this guy is kind of an idiot, but he's entitled to his opinion, and the more you raeg about it the more views his page will get. That doesn't bother me, anyhow.

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:37 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
HA! I was right!

Insomnia Forum said: