Help with the Kero Blaster page on TCRF

May 26, 2022 at 1:26 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
ALL HANDS ON DECK!

So, this is the page for Kero Blaster on TCRF.

As you can plainly see, it's in a very sorry state. The article is missing many pieces of unused content that have been known about on here for years. Additionally, now that we have patches to generate older versions of Kero Blaster and know about the debug mode, there is ample opportunity to find loads of development secrets.

However, I am ill-equipped for the job; I have a Mac, and can't use Wine for some reason. Furthermore, I don't even have Kero Blaster for Windows, I play it on Switch, where I can take screenshots but not share them, nevermind datamine the game. So, even the discoveries I make in debug mode, I can't properly document. I'll go ahead and list some interesting ones for anyone who is able to record:

In the Bruhaha Hospital, the upper wall and ceiling are actually not solid. You would never know this, though, because the player doesn't jump high enough to reach the wall, or even the ceiling. Maybe this was an early Kuro Blaster location? It looks the part, with its glitchy aesthetic.

In the outside section of the Trayne Station, there is a ceiling too high for the player to see. That probably explains why it uses glitched tiles; because Pixel didn't think the player would be able to see it.

By setting Game Flag 11 in debug mode, which disables the HUD, you can see that some of the tower sections in White Laboratory use an unseen blue background. ...A Gero Blaster leftover, perhaps?

...And so many more discoveries have the potential to be made, if we all work together. There are quite a few things we can do to discover unused content. Now that we have a map editor courtesy of Rain, we can look for unused maps, and we can also place every enemy ID in a level to see if there is any leftover enemy code. And why limit ourselves to Kero Blaster? Pink Hour and Pink Heaven have plenty of unused goodies. Did you know that the UFO in Pink Heaven is named Adam? And that there are sprites revealing him to be a jellyfish? And that there are Zangyou and Omake colors for Comomo?

As I stated earlier, I am one man against the world, with a laptop unable to do the work. So, I come on here to ask of you all, will you help the cause?

Sorry if I came off as rude, I was just trying to be a bit humorous. Also, I'm new here, so I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place.

May 26, 2022 at 9:10 AM
"Huzzah!"
oh hey, i'm the one who's been touching up cave story's page on TCRF recently, and i've pretty much added everything i found/noticed was missing, so i wouldn't mind helping with this...
i have a windows laptop & a steam copy of the game - i haven't looked into it much, mostly due to a lack of interest, but i enjoy documenting unused content and if it's a team effort it might be a fun project

anyway, if you're not already in the csmc, that might be a good place to start, since there's already been a bunch of documentation in the #pixels-other-games channel - if you end up joining, feel free to poke me, we can chat further :V