Hell 2 Player

Jul 25, 2011 at 10:25 PM
LSD
"..."
X-Calibar said:
I believe JTE / enhidnatribe.org has created or has built a lot of the basics of a online multiplayer Cave Story engine.

She wanted to have deathmatch, customizable players, and talked about it being possible to use it in a Massive Multiplayer version or cooperative version of Cave Story or the like, where you can all play at the same time, and go off and do missions or team up and whatnot...

The last version I played had basic First Cave mostly working. But, I believe she might not finish it...

[I wanted to make my Cave Story mod using that cooperative multiplayer element, but she said something to the effect of, she doesn't trust herself to finish it. Despite that off and on years of work have been into the project... [she started over several times]].

I forget the type of programming language used... But, if one could get ahold of her and maybe continue her project for her... Most of the hard work is hopefully already done.

Then again, I don't know much about multiplayer in gamemaker, so maybe that will be much easier to work with. Just wanted to put this out there; in case you want a backup, or alternative plan available to try. She might let you take over, or maybe she won't... but it'd be definitely worth looking into imo :p

Oh btw it's called Agora's Legends if you don't know.
http://forums.echidnatribe.org/
http://echidnatribe.org/

Well you certainly know where to look. This is AMAZING info.

Jul 25, 2011 at 10:34 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
X-Calibar said:
Hey, kick ass! If this happens, it will be awesome! :p

Hmm... there's something I guess I'll throw out there, just in case...

I believe JTE / enhidnatribe.org has created or has built a lot of the basics of a online multiplayer Cave Story engine.

She wanted to have deathmatch, customizable players, and talked about it being possible to use it in a Massive Multiplayer version or cooperative version of Cave Story or the like, where you can all play at the same time, and go off and do missions or team up and whatnot...

The last version I played had basic First Cave mostly working. But, I believe she might not finish it...

[I wanted to make my Cave Story mod using that cooperative multiplayer element, but she said something to the effect of, she doesn't trust herself to finish it. Despite that off and on years of work have been into the project... [she started over several times]].

I forget the type of programming language used... But, if one could get ahold of her and maybe continue her project for her... Most of the hard work is hopefully already done.

Then again, I don't know much about multiplayer in gamemaker, so maybe that will be much easier to work with. Just wanted to put this out there; in case you want a backup, or alternative plan available to try. She might let you take over, or maybe she won't... but it'd be definitely worth looking into imo :o

Oh btw it's called Agora's Legends if you don't know.
http://forums.echidnatribe.org/
http://echidnatribe.org/
Hmmm....

Well thanks for this... Hmmm.... I think we start with Hell and if we are able to do this then we can give this a go. It sounds interesting! Off-topic I should be able to look at the spoilers in cloud story sometimes tommorow...hopefully. I am kinda busy :L

Pigaro said:
Extreme ASM.

Really? Where?
I'd take the info from the post of ideas, and the people working on this, and you should put it into the first post.

Yep I will soon. REMIND ME in 24 hours if I have not done it.

Other stuff

So we are trying to basically get something similar to the following:

Race Mode:
diph.php

GO QUOTE GO!!!!

Co-op mode:
diph.php

Oh wait Curly needs Weapons too. Oh well we need to remember that when we actually make this...

P.S. Sorry for the green arms things... I had to use Carrotlords mod.. I don't actually have an original of CS downloaded atm :o

Jul 25, 2011 at 10:39 PM
LSD
"..."
Kick Ass said:
Other stuff

So we are trying to basically get something similar to the following:

Race Mode:
diph.php

GO QUOTE GO!!!!

Co-op mode:
diph.php

Oh wait Curly needs Weapons too. Oh well we need to remember that when we actually make this...

P.S. Sorry for the green arms things... I had to use Carrotlords mod.. I don't actually have an original of CS downloaded atm :o

Maybe Quote's weapons could be on the left, and Curly's or the right? They're health would be there too.

Jul 25, 2011 at 10:43 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
Pigaro said:
Maybe Quote's weapons could be on the left, and Curly's or the right? They're health would be there too.

Yep. I was gonna say that but i couldn't be bothered writing anymore - yes I am lazy like that :o However if we are thinking logically a shared health bar doesn't make sense unless Quote and Curly where actually connected together. Unless there health is transmitted?? Idk... It would make the game easier if there was one health bar so then if one person died we don't need to work out what to do. But then that makes it a lot harder for us. So is this mainly going to need ASM hacking.... am i right?

Jul 25, 2011 at 10:45 PM
LSD
"..."
Kick Ass said:
So is this mainly going to need ASM hacking.... am i right?

Yeah. Holy crap, yeah.
That's pretty much the entire thing.

Jul 25, 2011 at 10:49 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
I need to re-familiarize my self with all this...I'll start tomorrow after I sleep and then play sport.

Jul 25, 2011 at 10:52 PM
LSD
"..."
/Off Topic
What sport do you play?

/On Topic
We need someone to help us ASM. Like, completely.

Jul 25, 2011 at 10:52 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Ok. I finished Title Screen Animation. I used CaveEditor, wich is the best CS Editor for me. I recommend everyone use the same. Edit later.

Jul 25, 2011 at 10:54 PM
LSD
"..."
Firehead said:
Ok. I finished Title Screen Animation. I used CaveEditor, wich is the best CS Editor for me. I recommend everyone use the same. Edit later.

I think Kick and I use it, how are you gonna get it to us?

Jul 25, 2011 at 10:58 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
Upload us a copy to mediafire. And post it here :o

Pigaro said:
/Off Topic
What sport do you play?

/On Topic
We need someone to help us ASM. Like, completely.

I play lots of sports - mainly tennis and field hockey. Although being australian I still have to play cricket xD

Jul 25, 2011 at 11:01 PM
LSD
"..."
...How do we get things on Mediafire...?

Jul 25, 2011 at 11:03 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
Make and account and then upload and post the link here. It's free

Jul 25, 2011 at 11:04 PM
LSD
"..."
...Does it cost something?
Or does Mediafire have Viruses?
Sorry for being Noobish.

Jul 25, 2011 at 11:07 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
Nup. Just search online... Lot's of people use it. Carrotlord for one. It's virus free itself but make sure you download things from a known source or else there can be problems

Jul 25, 2011 at 11:08 PM
LSD
"..."
Ok. See ya in the morning.

Jul 26, 2011 at 8:36 AM
CUSTOMIZED!
Okays well I am going to read over more of Carrotlord's guide today. Firehead how good are you with ASM hacking?

Jul 26, 2011 at 1:26 PM
LSD
"..."
Kick Ass said:
Okays well I am going to read over more of Carrotlord's guide today. Firehead how good are you with ASM hacking?

That should give you a good 2 hours. What chapter are you on?

Jul 26, 2011 at 3:26 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Kick Ass said:
Bad. I hack Super Mario World (Super NES) too. Anyway, here is the file:
Download I fixed some bugs today.

Jul 26, 2011 at 3:29 PM
LSD
"..."
Firehead said:
Bad. I hack Super Mario World (Super NES) too. Anyway, here is the file:
Download I fixed some bugs today.

What is this? SMW or H2P?

Jul 26, 2011 at 3:33 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Pigaro said:
What is this? SMW or H2P?

Running Hell Edtion. I don't hacked a SMW rom for about 3 months.
I think Prefab Building need a secret hideout where you choose the itens you want.