Jun 1, 2018 at 9:12 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Genuine Plight

Genuine Plight is a short challenge mod and is my best attempt at making an enjoyable level that just uses spikes and instadeath, as sort of a combat to the notion that all spike usage is bad and unfun (even though most are).

I put about 10 hours into it for a modding-jam competition on discord, but I've done minor updates since to finish some graphics and fix the timer.

It takes about 8 to 10 minutes on your first go but there's a timer function if you don't restart the exe while playing, and it is possible (somebody has) to just barely get under 2 minutes.

Pretty straight forward. People seemed to like it. Feel free to share and compete for times.

p364453-0-image.png
p364453-1-image.png
p364453-2-image.png
p364453-3-image.png
p364453-4-image.png

Here's a link to my prototype mod database which has a direct way to download.

Alternatively you can choose from a variety of hosted public folders:
Dropbox ~ Google Drive ~ Mediafire ~ Mega.nz

I might be ridiculous in having 5 different places to package my mod, oh well.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018 at 10:48 PM
"Huzzah!"
Wow, talk about taking a level to its limit; this mod was absolutely superb and a blast to play! The level was aptly constructed. It was nice to look at, (which probably wasn't the primary purpose of the level but I still enjoyed the overall aesthetic,) designed in a way that took advantage of the player's jumping mechanic, and made good use of entities.
My favorite part was the one with the pipes and teleporter.
Mechanically speaking this mod is also a jewel: The quick re-spawns and checkpoint system were an especially good choice for this mod. I think this is one of my new favorite "short but sweet" mods to play. I may be posting a time soon, or I may not.

Either way, thanks for making this!

One more thing, I am ESPECIALLY curious about the background hack Blink made, can I download it anywhere???

Jun 1, 2018 at 11:11 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Wow, talk about taking a level to its limit; this mod was absolutely superb and a blast to play! The level was aptly constructed. It was nice to look at, (which probably wasn't the primary purpose of the level but I still enjoyed the overall aesthetic,) designed in a way that took advantage of the player's jumping mechanic, and made good use of entities.
My favorite part was the one with the pipes and teleporter.
Mechanically speaking this mod is also a jewel: The quick re-spawns and checkpoint system were an especially good choice for this mod. I think this is one of my new favorite "short but sweet" mods to play. I may be posting a time soon, or I may not.

Either way, thanks for making this!

One more thing, I am ESPECIALLY curious about the background hack Blink made, can I download it anywhere???
Glad you liked it!

So uh, BLink did publically post his background hack but I have to warn ya, it's broken and I had to actually patch it myself in order to get it working.

Basically he finished the hack but accidently got mixed up, posted an old version that wasn't complete, and then lost the actual (uncompiled) finished version, and then even with his patch he DM'd me to get it working there was still a bug that I found and had to fix. So yeah I guess I do have the functional group of patches to get it working, but me and BLink are probably gonna work on getting a fixed version public pretty soon regardless.