First video games you've had/played?

Oct 15, 2024 at 10:05 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Pronouns: he/him
i cant really remember what my first video game was, it was probably some nintendo ds edutainment toddler shit, or maybe super mario bros?

it's been so long and i have shit memory so like yeah

Oct 15, 2024 at 11:30 PM
"Huzzah!"
Pronouns: they/he
richard scarry's busytown, one of those edutainment minigame collections... my parents had this thing about technology so for a long time the only screen we had in the house was this old PC, but mum found this game at a garage sale and i suppose went 'oh hey richard scarry popular children's author i guess i'll let my kids play this' - we were also allowed to play minesweeper and space cadet sometimes

i think sometime after that some close family friends let their kids play club penguin, so my sibling and i were allowed to as well (for 15 minutes each, on sunday afternoons, with semi-rural 20XX australian internet speeds... uphill both ways in the snow)

although if we're talking 'actual singleplayer games', i think it would've been the portal series, they're the reason i was allowed a steam account in my early-ish teens... or maybe minecraft? i forget which came first

Oct 16, 2024 at 11:06 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Pronouns: he/him
I completely understand you on the memory thing! I believe it was my first on Game Boy, I remember playing Pokémon Red or Tetris though it was a long time ago. Seriously, those games were so popular that it felt like everybody I knew was playing those games. I also recall wasting my time on Super Mario Bros, music and levels were so interesting. We can only imagine the advancement in gaming now that is in its infancy yet!

Back