First video games you've had/played?

Aug 5, 2022 at 9:07 PM
Banned
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Pronouns: he/him
The first game I played was Mario Kart Double Dash.

Aug 11, 2022 at 9:42 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I think the first games I ever played were the classic Mario or Sonic games

Aug 12, 2022 at 3:04 AM
Grew up with a brother, so any game he got was also something I got and vice versa, so it's a bit complicated for me.

The first games I played were on the older consoles. SNES, GBA, and N64. Which game I played first, I can't remember, but the most memorable one for each are Yoshi's Island, DK64, and Metroid Fusion.

I believe the first game that belonged to me was Sim City Creator (DS), but only because me and my brother deemed it so. Loved that game.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2022 at 4:06 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
My first video games are Wii Sports and Wii Fit (and the plus version.)

Update: Just remembered, they might be either Nick JR, or PBS Kids Flash Games.
Update 2: Or it's those Dreamworks and Blue Sky DVD games.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2022 at 12:42 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Time Crisis 1 for the PS1

Apr 21, 2023 at 8:17 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The first game I ever got on console was Halo Ce for the Xbox, and on handheld was Boktai for the GBA. These were hand-me-downs from one of my older siblings who loved playing games during this time

Apr 21, 2023 at 11:50 AM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Pronouns: none
i grew up with a used NES that obviously had games such as super mario bros and duck hunt, but at the same time i had more niche games like fantastic adventures of dizzy or adventures of rad gravity and i liked those much more, even though i never beat either of them on the original hardware
if we're talking pc games, i started off with grand theft auto and heroes of might and magic (the first games of both series!)

Apr 21, 2023 at 1:44 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Pronouns: she/her
Super Mario Bros. for NES.
Grandia II for PC (unless you count games like Minesweeper or FreeCell or Solitaire).

Apr 21, 2023 at 6:57 PM
Or 3D Pinball
space cadet!!! but it only started existing on win xp i think, while the other games existed on 98 for sure

this still plays in my head

Apr 21, 2023 at 7:49 PM
Moo~
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Pronouns: She/Her
Windows NT 4.0 to XP, I think. I remember playing it on W98 too, but that was a long time ago. I did also have a copy of it on my older laptops, so I was able to play it on Windows 7-10.

Apr 21, 2023 at 7:55 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
space cadet!!! but it only started existing on win xp i think, while the other games existed on 98 for sure

this still plays in my head
I remember playing this game on our old family computer. Does the newer version of windows have them or did they get rid of them?

Apr 21, 2023 at 7:58 PM
I remember playing this game on our old family computer. Does the newer version of windows have them or did they get rid of them?
i don't think it exists past win xp sadly
but i'm almost certain you can still download it from somewhere and it works, i had it on win 8.1

Apr 23, 2023 at 6:44 PM
First game i actually played was Skate 1 with my dad, but I don't really count that since i was a bumbling three year old with no concept of what a viddy game was. My first REAL game was Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz on a Wii a family member bought me from a pawn shop with a few games. Great introduction to gaming, and probably what started my interest in tech as a whole.

Oct 13, 2024 at 8:28 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I guess it was Warcraft III. The one I got.

But the one I played first may be Diablo II.

Oct 15, 2024 at 3:52 PM
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
The first games I recall playing (apart from Cave Story) were Stranded 2, DX Ball, Fruit Smash, Bubble Trouble, and Battle Pong. Oh, and Tux Typing. I think these and a couple more were all part of some sort of package of free games my dad found somewhere. I remember there being a lot of arguments with my sister on whether the mouse or the keyboard was better for DX Ball, and we would play Stranded 2 together with one person controlling the mouse and one on the keyboard (since it was one of those games that uses both).

Oct 15, 2024 at 7:23 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
The first video game I've ever played was Pokemon Silver. It belonged to my mom, she had a Gameboy Advance SP. I had games before that, we had an Xbox and had a few stuff on there. But Pokemon Silver was apparently, according to both of my parents, the first game I ever actually sat down and played. I apparently wasn't interested in playing the Xbox as a kid until later and I think the first console game I ever played was Sonic 2, via Sonic Mega Collection Plus on Xbox.

The first video game I've ever personally owned was Kirby Air Ride on Gamecube, my Dad brought it home for me as a gift when I was younger and it was the first game that actually belonged to me specifically.

Oct 15, 2024 at 8:32 PM
World's #1 Laharl Kinnie
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Pronouns: She/It
When I was really young my uncle sat me infront of an NES (or an NES emulator, I think he'd sold his original NES by then) and had me play Super Mario Bros. This was because immediately after he showed me Super Mario 64 and it kinda blew my mind seeing the jump in fidelity like that. I got to keep the N64 and Mario 64 (and some other games), so a lot of my earliest memories are SM64, MK64, Body Harvest, and some other games I've probably forgotten, it's been a very long time.

Oct 15, 2024 at 9:56 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I think my first game was mario and luigi: bowsers inside story

Back