Finally killed Ballos

Jan 27, 2008 at 5:31 PM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
well ofcourse normal rockets only do 10 but if you dont have the strong missiles when you get to ballos your either doing a minimal items run or you're a senile old bastard with cataracts in your eyes.

Jan 27, 2008 at 5:36 PM
Wha..? how do you get 100 missiles? by avoiding the missiles balrog drops? i never knew that..

Jan 27, 2008 at 5:47 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Kaeso said:
Wha..? how do you get 100 missiles? by avoiding the missiles balrog drops? i never knew that..
Nope, by ignoring the Missile Launcher from the Egg Corridor and every single missile upgrade. In other words, you gotta get to hell without missiles, whether upgraded or not.

Jan 27, 2008 at 5:50 PM
Well either way i always have enough missiles to break the capsules in the first part, kill heavy press and kill Ballos 4. (if i get the missiles in the room before heavy press)

Jan 27, 2008 at 6:52 PM
As much sense as that made, it still doesnt change the fact that you can get by with fewer but more powerful missiles

Jan 27, 2008 at 10:35 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Anybody killed Ballos with a bubbler?

Jan 28, 2008 at 1:27 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
X-Calibar said:
Anybody killed Ballos with a bubbler?
If someone did I would sure as heck love to see a video of it.

Jan 28, 2008 at 1:34 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Hell (No pun intended) yeah! =D

Jan 28, 2008 at 3:02 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Kaeso said:
Took me a hundred times, but i did it..

Oh yeah i got the medal when you kill iron head without taking damage too but thats a minor acomplishment.

I didnt even need to use my potion till his 4th form had a centremetre of life too. :D
Congratulations from me, as well, Kaeso! It's definitely a great accomplishment when you finally take down Ballos after who knows how many attempts.

(Ive always ended up having to use the Life Pot a lot sooner when I battle Ballos myself. I definitely need a LOT more practice with dodging attacks...)

Jan 28, 2008 at 7:13 AM
Respwnt
Kaeso said:
As much sense as that made, it still doesnt change the fact that you can get by with fewer but more powerful missiles
But you will run out of missiles if you try and spam Ballos 1, 2 and 3 with them. Super Missiles are meant only for Ballos 4 and Heavy Press, but 100 missiles allows you to use them on every boss fights.

The strat still sucks tho :D.

Jan 28, 2008 at 12:51 PM
Bad Beholder said:
Congratulations from me, as well, Kaeso! It's definitely a great accomplishment when you finally take down Ballos after who knows how many attempts.

(Ive always ended up having to use the Life Pot a lot sooner when I battle Ballos myself. I definitely need a LOT more practice with dodging attacks...)

I'm starting on a 3hp minimal item run now, i've made it to chaco's house without dying so far.

Jan 28, 2008 at 8:39 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Hmm, that'll be hard. I'm struggling with just 3HP!

Jan 29, 2008 at 4:24 AM
I got to monster X its impossible i give up.. for now anyway

Jan 29, 2008 at 1:37 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Roonil Wazlib said:
Monsta X is relatively easy once you know whta to do. The Core is the biggest pain in the arse.

No... The core is easy. Stand at the edge of the nearest platform to the Core and Curly won't ahve space to be "near" you and therefore will fall all the way down. She will shoot upwards, forming a "forefield" that protects you from the Core. Then, you just spam when the Core opens. Wha-la! YOU HAVE OWNT TEH CORE!

The biggest pain in the arse I tell you, is.... eh...
a backache...

Jan 29, 2008 at 3:59 PM
Respwnt
Metalogz said:
No... The core is easy. Stand at the edge of the nearest platform to the Core and Curly won't ahve space to be "near" you and therefore will fall all the way down. She will shoot upwards, forming a "forefield" that protects you from the Core. Then, you just spam when the Core opens. Wha-la! YOU HAVE OWNT TEH CORE!

The biggest pain in the arse I tell you, is.... eh...
a backache...
That "forcefield" is by no means foolproof. And in minimal items, the only weapon that has the range to reach the core form a platform is the Polar Star.

Even if you do get a hang of this mutch, it complicates matters by blowing you against the wall (#!%$)

Jan 30, 2008 at 10:25 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Roonil Wazlib said:
That "forcefield" is by no means foolproof. And in minimal items, the only weapon that has the range to reach the core form a platform is the Polar Star.

Even if you do get a hang of this mutch, it complicates matters by blowing you against the wall (#!%$)

Just before that happens, snatch out your rocket launcher and spam it. Before it can blow you one tile away from your original spot, it ends up in smoke.

Jan 30, 2008 at 11:05 AM
I didnt get any rockets..

Jan 31, 2008 at 9:52 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
Regardless of what you may think, the hardest boss for me in any run has always been Curly Brace.
O.o
Damn your children, Curly!