Execution Chamber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2012 at 9:42 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Back to the execution room, perhaps the house above it with the ravil DT mentioned was the executioner's house?

Jun 2, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Remember when Quote gets back from Grasstown? King was surprised when Booster explained to everyone what the red flowers did. So I don't think King had ever even seen red flowers before.
Good point, but don't forget the red flowers were the way Mimiga were able to survive the and drive back the robot invasion. Kind of a big deal to completely forget about. I think King's surprise was solely due to the revelation that enraged Mimiga can be controlled by the Crown.

Jun 3, 2012 at 12:31 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
This is kind of getting off topic like Desu pointed out.

I'm just going to say one last thing on this matter.

"We're weapons of death?" -King

When Sue was let out of her cage after explaining the existance of the red flowers to king.

Jun 3, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I think Mimigas were executed there by robots.

Jun 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM
How could anyone be executing anyone?

There is no space because the room is so small. And no one has control over the presses.

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Veteran Member
Maybe there were once controls outside. Or the presses are remote controlled. Certainly the executioner wouldn't step inside with the condemned.

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:23 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
WD: it is possible, and therefore my theory of Mimigas executing robots can be true because of Ravil.
Jesvice: another point for my theory lol

Assuming he said that because Sue revealed the doctor's plan to use them, not what red flowers do.

Jun 4, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Maybe there were once controls outside. Or the presses are remote controlled. Certainly the executioner wouldn't step inside with the condemned.

dude did you even play cave story? lol you must know how presses work. there are no controls, remote or not, you step under them and BOOM

Assuming he said that because Sue revealed the doctor's plan to use them, not what red flowers do.

And with this again... I don't know how to be how to be any more clear so I'll just restate myself in a different way.

King was reacting to how he found out that the mimiga race could be dangerous.

Jun 4, 2012 at 3:01 AM
daughter of chivalry
Well don't you need to shoot the magic blocks for them to go?

Jun 4, 2012 at 3:47 AM
Veteran Member
dude did you even play cave story? lol you must know how presses work. there are no controls, remote or not, you step under them and BOOM

What I meant was a remote control to get them back up and set for the next execution, I don't really think presses are assembled in place anyway, so there has to be some way to position them.
But yes, I do realize that they immediately slam down when someone steps (or is shoved) under them, thank you.

...though that doesn't necessarily have to be the case. Just because the presses normally work that way doesn't mean they couldn't possibly be tampered with (I imagine the executioner may want to close the door so that the one pushed inside doesn't splatter all the way outside).
Unlikely yeah, because they are working now like all otehr presses, but perhaps they reverted to the original settings. I don't really think it's likely, but it's not impossible.

And with this again... I don't know how to be how to be any more clear so I'll just restate myself in a different way.

King was reacting to how he found out that the mimiga race could be dangerous.
Says you. The story goes that Mimiga fought back the robots using the flowers. The Mimiga in the village have not forgotten the robot invasion.
So, as far as I'm concerned, it seems more likely King was shocked at the weaponization of enraged Mimigas thanks to the crown.

Jun 4, 2012 at 3:57 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
"So we're... weapons?"

I'm fairly certain that the war happened recently enough for him to know the red flowers' dangerousness, but he seemed shocked to find out from Sue that they were being used for combat purposes.

Jun 4, 2012 at 5:05 AM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Maybe the blocks were controlled like platforms to release the Presses. Or they were disappearing after pressing a button, which is removed now?

Jun 5, 2012 at 12:25 AM
The problem here is that

a) we don't know if shooting those blocks is the only way to destroy them, and
b) we don't know if those blocks were always there.

Jun 5, 2012 at 5:31 AM
daughter of chivalry
Maybe it was there just for the sake of it being a video game, when in actuality it works differently. I don't know how to explain what I just said but I hope some of you follow.

Jun 5, 2012 at 6:28 AM
Yeah that makes sense.
I guess that's what I was trying to say, in a roundabout way.

Jun 6, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
What robot can resist a game of "Shoot the magic blocks"? I know I couldn't, and look at me now! - MALCO

I always thought Grasstown was an important place during the war. Probably a place where human scientists etc (rebels), and the Mimiga worked together to oppose the invading robots.

MALCO's only specialty is making Bombs. There are traces of red flower usage from the enraged Mimiga in the abandonded house. (That could be recent, but....) That shelter that Kazuma was stuck in... it had a connection to Plantation's jail... (I figure the Plantation was used once before, with a teleporter being there, and its location close to the Balcony area (throne room). Always like to think that it was because Kazuma used that particular computer that it woke up Quote or something...

(Could MALCO be a Mimiga creation? I always thought the human scientists made him... I have no idea how advanced the Mimigas were before the humans came... So my uneducated guess is, not very...)

*cough

[ontopic]
As for the Execution Chamber, I imagine you've already answered that... Probably to use to smash robots. I don't know if many or any Mimigas were equipped with guns. So, how do you surefire kill a robot? PRESS SMASH! Perhaps though it was already there before from an older time. There were definitely ruins on that island... How long ago, who knows...
[/ontopic]

*cough

As for the Mimigas lack of knowledge about the Flowers...
I like to believe that hardly any of the adults survived the War. Those that didn't use the Flowers were mostly the children and elderly that escaped the battle. They grew up, and were taught that Red Flowers are bad... destroyed any traces of them probably [or gathered them and locked them away... (Arthur..?)]

The truth was probably too complicated and sad. The humans they trusted died, others came with robots and killed; but then some other robots tried to stop them... The Red Flower a last hope turned against them, and they all disappeared or went off to war somewhere...

Somehow a peace was negociated or obtained in the end, so as to not ruin the Mimiga children's future, they were told the Mimigas fought back against the robots to save them (They might have added some robots helped save them though, thanks to the old Zett's story). Details about the flowers were probably excluded from the tale...

Perhaps the reason the island was left alone... was a deal was made with the survivors and the surface. Why else would the floating island be left alone after bringing disaster onto the surface? [even if it *was* their fault]

Though it makes me wonder why the Sakamotos were allowed to go to the island? Did the surface think the island was actually gone? Or were they given special permission to investigate? Or is the surface so badly off that they are unable to deal with the island?

*stare*
[Execution Chamber Starblocks]

Hi. Welcome to Starblocks! May I take your order?
"I'd like a "latte" "Chaco" please ;D"
...Ha ha ha. That's very funny Mr. Traveller... Look up!
"?"
PRESS
*cough

Jun 7, 2012 at 5:32 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Perhaps the reason the island was left alone... was a deal was made with the survivors and the surface. Why else would the floating island be left alone after bringing disaster onto the surface? [even if it *was* their fault]

Maybe they WERE on their way back, and the Sakamotos were sent there unknowingly as a forward recon unit...Cave Story 2, folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.