Enthology: Lost Chapters (Complete)

Sep 19, 2016 at 7:30 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Enthology: Lost Chapters is a different type of mod, in that it is more a collection of scrapped projects and ideas that don't have a home elsewhere, and are too incomplete to be released by themselves. Brought together and fixed up for cohesiveness, these lost chapters take place in a familiar world, where altered fictional events contain the slightest hints to the truth of what happened between the years.

Inside this Enthology
("Enlight's Anthology") are the following:
- The completed Outer Wall level from right before Cavern Tale's cancellation.
- A modified First Cave intro from the first draft of the scrapped mod "Quote's Revelation."
- An intro to a scrapped mod titled "D.E.A.T.H."
- A Sanctuary edit that was to start the second draft of "Quote's Revelation."
along with these new additions:
- A simplistic secretive story to tie these separate maps together.
- An ending set of levels that wraps up the story and gives purpose to the previous maps, containing new music and altered graphics to distinguish itself from its predecessors.
- Some bonus features after the completion of the game, such as time-trials and interactive credits.

p219491-0-internintelserv.png
p219491-1-start.png
p219491-2-initialize.png
p219491-3-testfac.png
p219491-4-oside.png

>>> DOWNLOADS: <<<
All of my mods are available via public folders, so that you can be assured you are always getting the most up-to-date version and none of my work is accidently lost.
Please choose a host:
Dropbox ~ Google Drive ~ Mediafire ~ Mega.nz
Doukutsu.Club

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2016 at 8:58 PM
Awesome. Will you be releasing that interact in mid air hack? It sounds badass.
It's technically already in the game. Both Enthology and Carnage use some TSC flag exploits to mess with hidden/unused memory variables.

But yes, once these two mods are given the proper release I'm going to (re)release the documentation and make a short tutorial on how to perform everything.

Sep 19, 2016 at 9:56 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
>remove combat

ama did it first ;-;

Oct 3, 2016 at 5:49 PM
Hey so I've decided that private playtesting is going too slowly (it's not their fault, I've had no time for anything myself until today).
I'm just going to release v0.0.1.2 publicly. It should be fine except for
(1.) it ends early and
(2.) the sanctuary maps will probably straight up not work if your computer isn't running it at full FPS (i.e. if you get lag from using a screen recorder or something).
Hope you enjoy it. Read the readme file. If you want to know how the hell I made hell just open hell in Booster's Hell and figure it out yourself.
I should have already left the house by now, because I'm always releasing these things when I'm about to leave to somewhere.

Download v0.0.1.2 here through Dropbox
MediaFire mirror
GoogleDrive mirror

okay i love you goodbye.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2016 at 2:12 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
This is pretty cool, especially the auto hell. Shame you never used this in anything yet.
just open hell in Booster's Hell
I think you meant Booster's Lab?

Oct 7, 2016 at 5:08 PM
"You're" audio receiver is on.
-You can fall off the slow slow slow snail lift and have to re-do the entire thing. UGH!
-Err... I give up again. I like the Polar Star edit so far.
(This is all in the first map so I don't really consider these spoilers).
First off, I'm dumbstruck that the very first word in the game is a typo. I am bad at English apparently.
Second, the elevator is meant to be able to be jumped off. You can't really accidentally do it unless you are trying to grab power-ups underneath with your booster, or are just completely careless. I am looking into making it a little faster, but right now I think it has just the right balance, especially since you don't die from falling off, so you have that second chance with all the enemies you killed staying dead, making it easier.
And the polar edit is barely anything compared to the new weapon(s) introduced in chapter 3.

EDIT: Found the elevator speed, It supposedly goes twice as fast now, I might alter it a bit but you can compare the times below. Expect a new version later today.
p355886-0-elevatortimes.png
p355886-1-elevatortimes2.png
This is pretty cool, especially the auto hell. Shame you never used this in anything yet.
I think you meant Booster's Lab?
Thanks. Technically I am using these maps and prototypes (using them in this mod), so the developer commentary nodes are just referring to the fact that they are being re-purposed from their original scrapped projects, so the bigger shame would be if I never released them at all.
and I meant what I said, it's a weak joke on overusing the word "hell".

But yeah, thank you both for actually giving the mod a chance! For a second I thought this would be buried and nobody would play it.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2016 at 8:30 PM
Alright, I updated the public build to v0.0.1.3 . It basically fixes that one typo and makes Oside function better, as well as internal improvements one shouldn't really notice. No new content yet, but the groundwork is in place. You can find a full changelog below.
Code:
~ Files
-- Replaced LASTBATTLE and ACCESS with AMAZINGX and DEFEATEDX respectively in resources
-- Added the Custom Orgs folder, but omitted it in this release version.
-- Added more graphics in preparation for the final chapter
~ International Intel Services
-- Fixed the typo with the first word of the game
~ Oside
-- Improved the internals of the elevator section to have it more acurately tell when the player falls/jumps off, so that it can reset
-- Sped up the elevators in general, so that it takes roughly a minute less to travel up to the top
~ Asterisk (In-Progress and Inaccessible)
-- Added the basis for the levels, did some early tile-replacement work
~ Aerodynamic (In-Progress and Inaccessible)
-- Added a map file, does not currently have any work done

I'm trying a new system where I just have my mods in public folders, that way instead of swapping out links I just swap out the file and everything stays updated in real time.

You can find v0.0.1.3 using any of the following hosts:
Dropbox ~ Google Drive ~ Mediafire ~ Mega.nz

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:21 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Found a typo: Everytime someone says "multiple", it's misspelled as "multible".
Also, when Booster gives you your name, the wrong symbol is displayed next to the name (Quote * instead of Quote ").
Also also, the end dialogue still calls the current version 0.0.1.2.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2016 at 4:08 PM
Found a typo: Everytime someone says "multiple", it's misspelled as "multible".
Also, when Booster gives you your name, the wrong symbol is displayed next to the name (Quote * instead of Quote ").
Also also, the end dialogue still calls the current version 0.0.1.2.
The second one isn't a typo (something about foreshadowing) but thanks, I'll fix these for the next version.

Mar 17, 2017 at 6:45 AM
It's been months since an update, years since its conception, through development hell and back again...
...but now, I am proud to declare:

This mod is 100% finished.
I have finally completed something.

Now with the conclusion that ties in all the scraps before it, this update triples the size of the mod in whole. From what starts as an edit of Start Cave and Outer Wall ends on all-new maps, mechanics, weapons, and music. There is now also endgame bonus content in the form of time-trial mode, level select, interactive credits, and a secret moon-related sequence that will make you cry/die on the inside.

Get it today at your local Enlightened Public folder, located just south on my signature in many file-sharing flavors.

Mar 17, 2017 at 10:10 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
p357836-0-l1uvu4l.png
Thank you.

Mar 18, 2017 at 4:39 AM
Mar 27, 2017 at 9:46 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
so i played the mod, but noticed a spelling mistake.
mistake.PNG

Mar 28, 2017 at 4:43 PM
Mar 29, 2017 at 12:14 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I thoroughly enjoyed this mod! I thought the story and ending levels were really cool, and Aerodynamic was a really surreal experience.
I did find a few glitches though:
diph.php

I was able to jump here after Curly's Dialogue but before this text showed up. It seems like you screwed up with <KEY because of how small the window of movement was.

diph.php

"fasion"

I also really enjoyed the interactive credits, but not the part where I died in them.

This is great stuff, and I really want to know more about the world that this story takes place in now.

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:24 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed this mod! I thought the story and ending levels were really cool, and Aerodynamic was a really surreal experience.
I did find a few glitches though:
diph.php

I was able to jump here after Curly's Dialogue but before this text showed up. It seems like you screwed up with <KEY because of how small the window of movement was.

diph.php

"fasion"

I also really enjoyed the interactive credits, but not the part where I died in them.

This is great stuff, and I really want to know more about the world that this story takes place in now.

Hey thanks for playing! The ending levels and features are what most of the time was spent on so I'm glad you liked them.
The pictures you posted aren't showing up for me but I'm pretty sure I know what you are refering to. I could have sworn I fixed the bug where you could pass through past curly but I'll go through it and harden the limit in a future update, so thanks!

And yeah, the interactive credits are a bit finicky since it was never meant to be done, getting squashed into the walls doesn't make much sense but otherwise the player gets stuck and the whole thing breaks. You can replay them when reloading your completed save, but you aren't missing anything at all by dying partway through (it just fades out when the credits finish).

I'm also not considering any sequels or continuations because it was hastly put together and I'm mostly done modding.

But hey, thanks again for giving it a shot!

Sep 18, 2017 at 12:54 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
According to Enlight. I'm the first to complete and get a current record on the Time Trials at 3 mintes and 12 seconds. I could Improve my time but I'd rather post a video of it.
Here it is:

Oct 7, 2017 at 8:05 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
It's been fun.
Tell me when I'm again needed.

Edit: Improved time.

Last edited: