Embarrassing/Shameful Secrets Thread.

Jan 6, 2013 at 12:35 AM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I dunno, this could go along with the "Low-Key Secrets Thread" but it seems like people mostly post their annoyances there. (Not that there is anything wrong with that.)

Anyway, I wanted a more topic centered thread but if the mods want to merge the two go ahead.

When I am at work and I think about something really sad I saw in a show and my eyes start to well up and then one of my co-workers see me and ask what is wrong and I blurt out

"Marceline was lost in the wreckage of the world and Simon lost his mind!"

and then they look at me like I have completely lost my mind. Which, maybe I have if I am crying over animated shows. . .

Jan 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I might be addicted to a magical girl MMO.

Jan 6, 2013 at 12:46 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I currently have eaten three jars of Nutella since January 2nd.

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:26 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Whoa, now we have high impact secrets and embarrassing secrets too. Oh boy, uh, alright then...

I already mentioned this to some of the forum members on IRC, but my most closely-guarded secret (from people I know IRL anyway) is the fact that when I was about five or six years old, I had a sexual encounter with a girl my age who was a family friend. Her family are hardline Jehova's Witnesses. A tiny part of me wishes I had told someone about it, because we only learned a few years ago that her uncle (who is actually the spiritual leader for all JW in my city) was sexually abusing her for like, 17 years without anyone knowing about it. When they tried to expose him for it, they were excommunicated from the church and subsequently smeared. I feel so bad for them, you cannot even imagine.

I too have cried long and hard over fictional characters/situations. The worst one was the final episode of Legend of Korra. Even just thinking about it now makes me want to curl up in the fetal position. For those of you who haven't seen it, the tragic event at the end reminds me of how "Of Mice and Men" ended. Oh yeah, I cried at the end of that book too. I also cried when I saw this official art image, depicting the death of a major (and much beloved) character from Guild Wars 2. Thing is, his character model is in the game (to this point he has been depicted in art and literature -- we don't see him in the game because the timeline of the game begins after his death), so I assume we get to do a time travel/flashback scene eventually, and I just fucking know it's going to be heart-wrenching.

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:42 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
BhadRebelle said:
I currently have eaten three jars of Nutella since January 2nd.
Not a problem here!

Several things, I suppose.

I cry at the smallest tragedies, for one. If I went to a complete stranger's funeral I'd probably bawl my eyes out regardless. It's kind of embarrassing but I have a hard time containing it

I frequently daydream about myself. This goes from being a super magical goddess covered in butterflies, to just being really good at something or going on adventures with someone I care about.

I have a guilty pleasure for old crappy (some) music I listened to when I was younger. And I could easily listen to a trashy rap song I used to listen to over and over just for the sake of nostalgia.

When I have a lot of pent up energy, I run around outside at night and pretend I'm a witch.

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:48 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I beat Cave Story with a walkthrough............

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Being addicted to Madoka MMOs is a right of passage. I really should start that game...

I am secretly gay for Studio Pixel. No wait, every guy on this forum is already that way...
I beat WTF Story without a walkthrough (because there isn't one), but I used Brightroar's old Let's Play to finish Jenka's Nightmare! *gasp* :pignon2:

Okay... for a real secret, in terms of fetishes, I am sort of a masochist, but not completely.
If I were ever to find a wife, I would want her to be a sadistic girl most of the time and masochistic at some other times.

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Jenka's Nightmare was a living h***. It's the hardest and most insane but addictive mod I've ever played...... I got so mad I didnt even finish it......... I would've definitely have used a walkthrough :sue:

also I love Yotsuba!!!!!

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:22 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
KaminoShimobe said:
Jenka's Nightmare was a living h***. It's the hardest and most insane but addictive mod I've ever played...... I got so mad I didnt even finish it......... I would've definitely have used a walkthrough :sue:

also I love Yotsuba!!!!!
I think you may have failed to grok the intent of this thread

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:36 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I cheated in King's Story because I tried to calculate all three figures using just the weight and mass of all three substances via the beaker measurements because I didn't know that the machines below spat out two of those figures for me.

I have a collection of Land Before Time movies.

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:37 AM
I'm just saying that I think Carrotlord shouldn't be ashamed for using a walkthrough on Jenka's Nightmare.

Jan 6, 2013 at 5:15 AM
Not anymore
I didn't use a walkthrough for La Mulana. No, actually I tried following DeceasedCrab's LP. It was way too hard to follow and he did the wrong things all the time.
So I just beat the game by myself, and succeeded. And now I will try to beat Hell Temple by myself.

Since I rarely use walkthroughs, it's hard to believe that I needed a video Let's Play to solve Genesis: Spirit.

Also you code in JavaScript. Good. That means your mods will not suck like most of... I MEAN NEVERMIND...
Cool Beans Bonus Hint: If you add some PHP to your JavaScript, people will be able to save their game without
cookies and HTML5 storage! Wowzers!

I think that TSC stands for Turing tarpit SCripts because you are only given a very limited number of variables that basically
can only hold 1 and 0. You are also given one type of if-goto statement that only checks if a certain variable holds 1 (and therefore not 0).
That's basically all the persistent memory and control flow you have to use.
Pixels is an awesome esoteric language designer. He made TSC much more difficult to use than that brainfart language.

Jan 6, 2013 at 6:42 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Dunc2403 said:
Andwhy how is owning the Land Before Time movies embarrassing or shameful in any way
andwhyisit said:
I cheated in King's Story because I tried to calculate all three figures using just the weight and mass of all three substances via the beaker measurements because I didn't know that the machines below spat out two of those figures for me.

I have a collection of Land Before Time movies.
That is actually pretty cool. Now, if you were like me and owned several Teletubbies VCDs...

Jan 6, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Yeah.... I've been working on php..... I need some help on it....

Anywho! I still draw semi-stick figures even though I've taken several art classes

Jan 6, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Not anymore
I personally believe that PHP is the ugliest programming language in existance.

A secret:
My programming language sucks so much that even a while true loop does not
always run forever, and I have to resort to for true; true; true which seems to work.
Assuming the loop has no breaks or top-level return statements in it, of course.

In the early days of my language, for loops and while loops sometimes just wouldn't
run at all, so I always had to use some if-statements and recursion to write large programs.

Jan 6, 2013 at 6:56 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Well this thread sure went downhill quickly.

Jan 6, 2013 at 7:19 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
congrats dinny for being the only one to do the thing. I had a small series of awful animations made with still images in power point put in windows movie maker. The writing was stolen from a bunch of other crappy things, and every one has since then been deleted from existence. I am seriously embarrassed by them.

Jan 6, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Using the Ultimate Doukutsu Trainer to beat WTF Story wasn't enough, I had to mod it too -many times- to get through some levels

Jan 6, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Not anymore
I secretly want to take a shotgun and fire it into the brains, or lack thereof, of all people who have ever pissed me off in my life.

I would make exceptions for my family members, close friends, and anyone whom I admire. But that's about it.

Hitler was such a wimp. He DISCRIMINATED when he killed people. Only kill Gypsies, Homosexuals, Jews, and non-Aryans?
HAHAHA!!!

I will be far more devilish and evil than Mr. Adolf Hilter. He was a pretty pink pony compared to what I will do to the world in 20 or 30 years.
Anyone who angers me in any way during my life will see their deaths soon. I don't care if you are male, female, black or white.
I don't care what religion you adhere to.
I kill everyone. I stir up school shootings. I will murder all people fairly and swiftly.
Even anyone on this forum who DARES to take a snap at me. I will find your houses and kill you ALL.

That is my dirtiest secret. I am a serial killer on the inside, and I am not afraid to go to jail one day or face the death penalty
TO GET SWEET REVENGE.

Hey WD, is this thread still going downhill? Hmm...

(Note: In case any of you are worried, this post is somewhat of a joke, and somewhat true too. Don't worry. I won't really kill you.)

When I think evil thoughts, I put myself into the shoes of one of these kinds of fictional villains:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CompleteMonster

In case any of you are genuinely concerned regarding the statements above,
here is a short comic to make you feel better and remind you about the Power of Friendship:
diph.php