Doukutsu Randamu (1.43.1)

Feb 13, 2022 at 10:23 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
unequipping whimsical star crashes the game

Feb 15, 2022 at 1:55 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Oh that's cool, I didn't know about this archive, but I'm not surprised it exists. Is this somewhere on Doukutsu Club, in Discord, or somewhere else?
You're welcome.

Edit: Also, sometime between then and now, "Bombchu Link" became "CSMC members" so I truly have been erased from the discord's history :p

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022 at 2:40 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
You're welcome.

Edit: Also, sometime between then and now, "Bombchu Link" became "CSMC members" so I truly have been erased from the discord's history :p
(You haven't been erased at all it's just Boby's russo-speak)
Most all the orgs in that archive (plus many many orgs up until now from other archives) have all been recorded and identified by fellow community member rde and can be viewed on this google sheet.

Feb 15, 2022 at 3:26 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
(You haven't been erased at all it's just Boby's russo-speak)
Most all the orgs in that archive (plus many many orgs up until now from other archives) have all been recorded and identified by fellow community member rde and can be viewed on this google sheet.
Oh... Wow. I'm seeing some of my past contributions in that list, and I had no idea someone was indexing all of those ORGs. I guess it shouldn't be too surprising though. I actually remember trying to make part of an ORG remix of Autobot/Decepticon Battle, but I don't think I ever really completed it and made it very substantive, so whatever version exists out there is probably very crappy. I don't actually remember ever posting that, I was surprised to see that in the list.

EDIT: Oh wait a second, that was probably from this post. Man, whoever put that spreadsheet together was very thorough.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022 at 6:08 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Also, sometime between then and now, "Bombchu Link" became "CSMC members" so I truly have been erased from the discord's history :p
I didn't know dude, your account on discord is deleted alongside with many others!

Feb 16, 2022 at 10:15 PM
1.31 is here, adding tutorial, improved UI and level gimmicks.

Feb 17, 2022 at 7:51 PM
1.32 is released, with audio improvements and some bugfixes.

Also I published it on itch.io!

Feb 24, 2022 at 1:19 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
are you supposed to start with both map systems? i have both every time i restart, and the map system key (W) always opens the regular one

e: you good buddy? wanna jump, maybe?
1645709329808.png

also the nano quiver doesn't really seem to be working properly, either it releases projectiles at wrong coordinates or it does so super rarely because i don't see them much

e2: oh, hunter's rifle ammo doesn't get replenished between stages

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2022 at 12:01 PM
Fixed in 1.33.1.

Mar 2, 2022 at 3:09 PM
hi hi
i know it's a minor issue but the puppy has problems getting into 1-tile gaps like this one
1646232963329.png
it is possible, just a bit annoying, though i suppose you do have both the block guns to work with

i have no idea why but there was this grass tile that dealt damage to itself (or so i thought) whenever i walked through it
turns out there was a pot inside and the grass shaking was somehow dealing damage to it!
(it's the tile i'm in)
1646233278335.png
also i somehow got the booster effect by running underwater but i could not replicate that
you can sometimes get the effect by running in a 1-tile-deep pond and spamming jump, then holding it as you land back in the water
looks like something related to the swimming mechanic being related to the booster code, if that helps
aaand it seems like it's related to grass as well! here's what i managed to do with it

and that's all from me for now, hope it helps!

Mar 2, 2022 at 3:15 PM
The effect of boosting is not from boosting but from Speed Shoes and is caused by walking speed being faster than it should be for few frames like gaining speed above water and dashing.

Mar 2, 2022 at 3:26 PM
hi hi
The effect of boosting is not from boosting but from Speed Shoes and is caused by walking speed being faster than it should be for few frames like gaining speed above water and dashing.
oh, that does make sense. i did not have the shoes equipped, though, but then... the puppy is just speedy
if i can add anything now because i'm still playing (you made the game too fun, boo)...
the missile launcher does not replenish its ammo between levels, though that might be intended
double jump (aux. booster) mixed with wall hook can get a bit wonky, though there's not much to be done about that i'm afraid

and i really wish spikes didn't instantly teleport on top of you when you destroy their support tile

and just so i'm not a constant complaint hose:
the level design seems to have improved, or is it just me? either way, it seems that the generator doesn't want me to dig through the whole level anymore and lets me choose pre-created paths which is lovely
thank you for having the nemesis still be a damaging weapon! i can't imagine having nothing to defend myself with
the sound chime after collecting 10 stars is helpful, i just wish i could open the map system right away but it has to finish playing first :p

i am enjoying the randomizer a lot, even if it can be a bit brutal at times

edit:
using the missile launcher, the rocket flies through the press but i as a player stay blocked by its hitbox, teleporting me back to its location after the missile hits the wall
1646234904019.png

e2: i just encountered a falling terminal after beating the boss and entering the next level... that is definitely not normal

e3: i entered depth 6 and the game froze and stopped responding : ( what a shame
i reloaded a save and found out that little man was the cause

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2022 at 3:55 PM
i reloaded a save and found out that little man was the cause
Goddamn, another check for NULL, need to fix.
the sound chime after collecting 10 stars is helpful, i just wish i could open the map system right away but it has to finish playing first :p
Consequence of chime being TSC-based.
the level design seems to have improved, or is it just me? either way, it seems that the generator doesn't want me to dig through the whole level anymore and lets me choose pre-created paths which is lovely
I don't remember fundamentally changing generation in post-1.32, maybe seeds are luckier since then.

If you have discord account, consider joining! ;)

Mar 2, 2022 at 4:26 PM
hi hi
i do have a discord, i might just join you because i want to help you in eradicating bugs in this project

the link's likely in the main post, right? if not, just bonk me here with directions and i'll gladly follow them

Mar 2, 2022 at 4:36 PM
It is in main post yeah

Mar 4, 2022 at 1:18 PM
"Huzzah!"
Consequence of chime being TSC-based.
Just remove a <WAI and allow the player to skip it using Z. I'm assuming there is a dialogue box along with the dialogue, so it would be trivial to fix this.

Mar 4, 2022 at 7:41 PM
hi hi
Just remove a <WAI and allow the player to skip it using Z. I'm assuming there is a dialogue box along with the dialogue, so it would be trivial to fix this.
no, it's a timed event with just the chime before the music returns to normal. it's fine, and it actually gives you invincibility for the duration of the event (!), i'm just a sucker for CHECKING THAT MAP