does anyone else use cave story's music to fall asleep too?

Oct 21, 2023 at 7:32 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
especially songs like geothermal and moonsong.

Attachments

• suesleep.png
    suesleep.png
    852 bytes · Views: 0
Oct 22, 2023 at 4:35 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Good choices! Unfortunately I feel like when I listen to something too much it stops feeling special, so I try not to listen to the Cave Story soundtrack a whole lot outside of actually playing the game.
But yeah it's really cool to hear of someone incorporating Cave Story into their life like this. Do you have other Cave Story songs for, say, studying or exercising or other stuff?

Oct 22, 2023 at 7:27 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
yeah i totally understand not wanting to overplay the soundtrack, for studying i like listening to different versions of the soundtrack like kaseboy advance's remix of the ost
very chill and calming.

Oct 22, 2023 at 10:40 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
That's an interesting thought, using the Cave Story soundtrack for that purpose. When I was in high school, I experimented around a bit with listening to soft music when falling asleep or as an alarm to wake up, and what I found is that that experience will taint my mental associations of that music, so since then I haven't bothered to try that with any other music, including the Cave Story soundtrack.

Every once in a while, though, I do like to listen to Mischievous Robot (Egg Corridor) because I really like the way it fit with the end credits, and reminisce about my experience of seeing the ending the first few times when I was 14, and how special that felt.

Oct 22, 2023 at 11:05 PM
"Huzzah!"
the opposite, actually - one of my alarms for work is running hell

Oct 23, 2023 at 5:01 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I listen to Last Battle or White remixes when working out. I really feel like I'm fighting for my life.

Oct 24, 2023 at 4:32 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I use Gravity as my default ringtone.

...on my old phone, which was always on vibrate. My new phone I've never looked at the settings because it's been on vibrate since the day I got it.

Ignoring all that though it's perfect and nobody would bat an eye (or ear??). Organya Gravity sounds like ringtone material.

Oct 24, 2023 at 5:15 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I use Gravity as my default ringtone.

...on my old phone, which was always on vibrate. My new phone I've never looked at the settings because it's been on vibrate since the day I got it.

Ignoring all that though it's perfect and nobody would bat an eye (or ear??). Organya Gravity sounds like ringtone material.
Honestly, based. That reminds me how my default notification sound is the CS Yes-No confirm sound.

Oct 29, 2023 at 6:28 PM
"Huzzah!"
I used to listen to moonsong a fair bit, but I've listened to cave story's ost less and less over the years.

I think songs like cemetery would be pretty nice to sleep to as well, but then again I could listen to Alright by Verzache so it's basically a no-brainer lol.