Curly's Adventure!

What would you rate Curly's Adventure?

• Total voters
Mar 7, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Okay guys, I think he gets it. I'm pretty sure we all know (except for you cultr, I'm not sure if you've done anything relating to modding) that modding can be frustrating and stressful sometimes. Just because he needs a break doesn't mean you can lecture him.

Mar 7, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Thank you magicdoors, yeah, I actualy found my mod realy hard (The lower place, that is),
Celtre if that's how you spell your name, i actualy do like getting constuctive criticizm.

Mar 8, 2012 at 3:39 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Yeah I've done plenty of modding, none of it published though.
And yeah, if you do like criticism, then maybe you shouldn't get so huffy when people give it to you xD

Mar 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
ok.
EDIT: Holy. crap. my team just won the 2012 KW Roboticon!
Our team name is Bing-Bong!

EDIT 2: I'm making a mod collection called 'the cave story pack'!
It will have a number of mods that circulate around one cave story storyline,
including: Cave Story (Duh!), Misery Story, Curly's Past (Curly's Story), Jenka's nightmare,
Curly's Adventure!, Cloud Story (Not currently available), King, Strife and Sacrifice (King's Story),
Hero's return (Quote's Story), And WTF Story.

EDIT 3: NEW VERSION!

EDIT 4: Making a google site for CA!

EDIT 5: Site made!

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:06 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
looks fun, downloading.

May 30, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Mrs. Policewoman
Aaaaaaaaaand I'm back, after 2 months of time banned, I am finaly back online and VERY happy to be so,
And coming with me is a new version! are 2 new versions!
And an old version! (kind of)
And hi '1 anonymous users'!
EDIT: Just realized that I'M "1 anonymous users"!
I feel like such an idiot.

May 30, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
Yes.
I will!
And although I don't realy have the time to do it, I made a (almost finished) sprite edit of npcmaze.pbm, the file is called npccritterslime.pbm.
EDIT: well, not realy banned, more like a 2 month long account suspension, still really annoying.
EDIT 2: Somebody please look at this, I now have 4 pages for CA, including this one.
EDIT 3: Hey, Haydenstudios, can you rate my mod again?

Jul 3, 2012 at 2:02 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
wtf do you do oce you get to outer wall?!
SERIOUSLY WHAT THE F*** DO YOU DO

Jul 8, 2012 at 12:45 AM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
So what do I do now? I got the Silver Locket.

Jul 8, 2012 at 5:05 AM
Mrs. Policewoman
You can't get the silver locket in the current version, are you on version 0.0.1.8?
EDIT: New screen to be released in next version!
CA_menu.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 8, 2012 at 8:34 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
When is the next version coming out?

Jul 8, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
Jul 14, 2012 at 3:43 AM
Based Member
So I know you asked me to re-rate this, but not a whole lot has changed since I last played it. So I don't see much worth in doing that.

Anyway, I'll point out some glitches, suggested improvements, and other concerns.

Glitches:
1) When you start the game, your health and energy bars show up for a brief moment before the beginning cutscene takes place.
2) "What happened to him?" That bit of text has an extra unnecessary space at the beginning.
3) That passage from the Core room to the outer wall doesn't have a <KEY or <PRI command.
4) When you get the sparkles, the get item sound doesn't play until after the jingle.
5) At the beginning of the game, there's no <CMU0000. As a result, if I die, then the game over music plays throughout the beginning cutscene if you die and immediately retry.
6) If I go too far down the Outer Wall, I can't get back up, and I have to reset the game or jump off the edge.

Improvements:
- There is a lot of room for improvement on the level design in a lot of areas.
- You should really revamp that area with PrtHell as the tileset and Last Battle playing- It's just not a fun area to play. It's too easy to fall off the edge, or get killed by those Fuzzes and Fuzz cores. Especially considering what low health you still have.

Other Concerns:
- For some reason, I don't think Curly would refer to Quote as "hat guy". Probably somethign more like, "that other robot". That's just me though.
- The door to the little's house is completely unchanged aside from the fact that it has no flag 2000 event at all. It looks like I should be able to enter it, but all that happens is a question mark appears above Curly's head. I really feel this doesn't make any sense.
- Dealing with the enemies of the Outer wall with only 5 hp is tougher than it should be. I mean, it's not very fun when at the beginning of the game, almost everything can kill you in one hit.

So I got to the Black Space. Is that the end of the demo? Because the way I came from, and the way down to the throne room are both blocked.

Jul 14, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
OH MY GOD! HOW COULD I HAVE MISSED SO MANY PROBLEMS!!?
So, let's see...

1) When you start the game, your health and energy bars show up for a brief moment before the beginning cutscene takes place.
OK, I'll fix that.
EDIT: fixed

2) "What happened to him?" That bit of text has an extra unnecessary space at the beginning.
AARRRG! You're right! I completely didn't notice that! I'll fix that too.

3) That passage from the Core room to the outer wall doesn't have a <KEY or <PRI command.
Umm, why does it need one?

4) When you get the sparkles, the get item sound doesn't play until after the jingle.
OK, I'll fix that too.

5) At the beginning of the game, there's no <CMU0000. As a result, if I die, then the game over music plays throughout the beginning cutscene if you die and immediately retry.
Really? OK, I'll fix that.

6) If I go too far down the Outer Wall, I can't get back up, and I have to reset the game or jump off the edge.
Oh, I noticed that a long time ago and then forgot, I really need to fix that.

Improvements:
- There is a lot of room for improvement on the level design in a lot of areas.
OK.

- You should really revamp that area with PrtHell as the tileset and Last Battle playing- It's just not a fun area to play. It's too easy to fall off the edge, or get killed by those Fuzzes and Fuzz cores. Especially considering what low health you still have.
Yeah, I really do.

Other Concerns:
- For some reason, I don't think Curly would refer to Quote as "hat guy". Probably somethign more like, "that other robot". That's just me though.
Unless other people agree, I think I'll leave it as it is.

- The door to the little's house is completely unchanged aside from the fact that it has no flag 2000 event at all. It looks like I should be able to enter it, but all that happens is a question mark appears above Curly's head. I really feel this doesn't make any sense.
OK, I'll change that.

- Dealing with the enemies of the Outer wall with only 5 hp is tougher than it should be. I mean, it's not very fun when at the beginning of the game, almost everything can kill you in one hit.
You're right, that should change.

So I got to the Black Space. Is that the end of the demo? Because the way I came from, and the way down to the throne room are both blocked.
No, but I just realized that some of the events are missing.

Jul 14, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Based Member
Umm, why does it need one?
Cause you can reach to horizontal/vertical trigger and the room would start to fade out, but then if you're able to move, you can start heading in the other direction, ruining the illusion.

Unless other people agree, I think I'll leave it as it is.
Alright, it's your call.

Jul 14, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
HaydenStudios said:
Cause you can reach to horizontal/vertical trigger and the room would start to fade out, but then if you're able to move, you can start heading in the other direction, ruining the illusion.
fixed
EDIT: OK, I think I fixed everything, DOWNLOAD HERE.
EDIT 2: I forgot to change the Island Bottom, I'll change that after mixolf finishes ASM hacking the mod.

Aug 1, 2012 at 9:42 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
*first time playing this* *oh cool outer wall* *OH FUUUUUU A NIGHT SPIRIT I ONLY HAVE 12 HP YOU ARE TOO HARD CORE FOR ME NIGHT SPIRIT GO AWAY GFAAAAAAAAAAA||||AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

THIS IS TOO HARDCORE FOR MEH!

Aug 1, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
LOL and I actually made it easier in this version, you originally got 1/5 health, later I changed it to 5/5, this is the first version with 12/12 health.

Aug 2, 2012 at 2:19 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Oh god i cant even beat Sand Zone!