Community Project

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:24 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
jcys810 said:
I think it should be in Main, because its not a mod. Or you can put it in Mods and just say "Please move it to the correct section if this does not belong here"

Err... why not move it to Rom Editing and Hacking? Because this discussion is all about hacking and editing so... I feel its most suitable there. :D

Sorry for the double-post :x

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:26 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
No. We aren't going to MOVE this thread. andwhyisit is going to make another thread for the game since this is going to be for hacking to produce a mod.

Oct 21, 2007 at 7:25 AM
Luls
jcys810 said:
No. We aren't going to MOVE this thread. andwhyisit is going to make another thread for the game since this is going to be for hacking to produce a mod.

Ohhhhh!!! Sorry wasn't paying attention when replying. I just woke up :D

Oct 21, 2007 at 7:36 AM
Justin-chan
Ohhhhh!!! Sorry wasn't paying attention when replying. I just woke up
So did I. =P But lets stop with the spamming. Got MSN? We could chat there if you want. =3

Oct 21, 2007 at 9:04 AM
Luls
I've got MSN but I don't use it :D

Ahh we're goin off-topic! :D

Oct 21, 2007 at 8:05 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
My MSN is twilightaegis@hotmail.com

(That account is ancient, by the way. There's a whole bunch of other people going by the name TwilightAegis at this point, so don't think any of them are me)

Oct 22, 2007 at 12:23 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I don't use MSN sorry.

Can't we just make a new thread in main and move over there.

Oct 22, 2007 at 12:32 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Gyro said:
My MSN is twilightaegis@hotmail.com

(That account is ancient, by the way. There's a whole bunch of other people going by the name TwilightAegis at this point, so don't think any of them are me)

Thats because so many morons these days think that if you put two cool words together your suddenly awesome.

Like Omega for example is now overused and therefore, gay.

Not that you're a moron or anything. :(

Oct 22, 2007 at 2:43 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Bekefel said:
Thats because so many morons these days think that if you put two cool words together your suddenly awesome.

Like Omega for example is now overused and therefore, gay.

Not that you're a moron or anything. :D

Heh, no offense taken. I got rid of it for a reason. :(

Oct 22, 2007 at 5:03 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I could easily right the story and script for the game. If you want a writing sample, I'm game.

Oct 22, 2007 at 8:05 AM
Justin-chan
Well, it would be nicer if you just gave us a sample right off. :/

Oct 22, 2007 at 1:05 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I find it a bit odd that someone'd come along and say that with their 1st post... chances are he'll steal your idea or something >> <<

*Squeeky hammer bonk*

Oct 22, 2007 at 1:35 PM
Luls
ZTaimat said:
I find it a bit odd that someone'd come along and say that with their 1st post... chances are he'll steal your idea or something >> <<

*Squeeky hammer bonk*

Yeah, especially when he's only worth 1 Rupee :D

Oct 22, 2007 at 8:53 PM
Hm. You’re right. Maybe I was a little bit to forward when I said that. My apologies. What I meant to convey was that I could easily write the events and script of the game in a way that would make it feel as smooth as the original. Also, since many of the hacks that I’ve played have had a large amount of typos in them, I thought I could help root them out. Ah yes, I guess giving you all a sample right off would have given you more of a reason to recruit me, but I couldn’t decide which one to use… But enough of my excuses. Here you are.

--- Example 1: First Person Writing ---
((This is an exert from an intro I wrote for a Dystopia RPG. This intro was supposed to represent the final writings of a near-dead man. Enjoy.))

Oh. Look. I’m bleeding again, or, rather, I may just be continuing to bleed. I’m not sure. The area around the wound is so numb… Heh! Obviously the consequence of me encountering that infernal… Thing not too many minutes ago. I think the date may be sometime in August, maybe the nineteenth if the niches carved into the walls of my quaint little sanctum are of any indication, which I seriously doubt. No matter the date, let alone the time; I don’t think I’m long for this world anyway, especially with this ample gash in me, by far the greatest of many miniscule ones. I guess, utilizing the thin shred of sanity I still cling on to, I’ll use the short duration of minutes left within my miserable life to reflect on what is occurring here and maybe some of what happened to make it this way. Who knows? Maybe the ones who abandoned us will come back one fateful day and find this scrap of paper I’m scribbling on. Maybe they’ll see just what happened here once they decided to forsake us. Maybe, if these aforementioned things outlive all of us trapped down here, which is more then possible, maybe, just maybe, the ones I’ve spoken of so harshly, those deserters, will experience the same hell we have. They will know what has happened here. Of that I am sure… I’m starting to feel dizzy…

--- Example 2: Third Person Writing ---
((To show that I am able to write any narrations that may take place throughout the game, such as the “Ballos Backstory Bio Bits,” I’ll give you an example of my third person writing. This display will also show that I am able to adequately describe what I believe should occur within the cut-scenes. The first example contains my character known as “Sseth,” a sociopathic, genius scientist who‘s ramblings are meant to be mind numbingly complicated, and the second revolves around the scene of a particularly violent massacre. Forgive me for how morbid the second example is.))

"Blood. A highly specialized circulating tissue consisting of several types of cells, which are the structural and functional unit of all living organisms, suspended in a fluid medium known as plasma, a yellow colored liquid which is the largest single component of blood, making up about 55 percent of total blood volume. The cellular constituents are red blood cells, or erythrocytes, which carry respiratory gases and give it its red color because they contain hemoglobin, an iron-containing protein that binds oxygen in the lungs, which is the essential respiration organ in air-breathing vertebrates that's principal function is to transport oxygen from the atmosphere into the bloodstream, and to excrete carbon dioxide from the bloodstream into the atmosphere, and transports it to tissues in the body, white blood cells, or leukocytes, which fight disease, and platelets, also known as thrombocytes, cell fragments which play an important part in the clotting of the blood when the epidermis is broken." Sseth dictated to himself, a dull look in his eyes and a bored expression etched upon his face as he sat on a bench overlooking a park’s lake. The woman across from him turned and stared at the strange looking man with a simultaneously disturbed and bewildered face. Such a speech was definitely not something one expected to hear on a sunny day at the park. Sseth ignored her, seemingly staring off into space as if in a trance, but in reality, he was eyeing something that had just caught his attention. His eyes stalked a domesticated rock pigeon as it descended from the sky, making it’s way over to a pile of grain that had been thrown about by an elderly man.

---

A sanguine wave that brought a horrid stench and threatened the sanity of its intruders gushed forth from the crumbling sanctuary without conclusion. Currents of blood followed its brethren, the defiled liquid splashing against the stained golden borders of the doorway before continuing outward, infecting the otherwise beautiful earth with its sullen invasion. Its greeting wasn't finished however, the ears of the visitors not spared from this mortifying assault and instead provoked with a disturbing silence, quiet enough to identify the increase of one's own heartbeat as creativity preyed upon the insecurities and weaknesses of their cognitive minds. Droplets of scarlet rained downward from the ceiling, caressing the structure that protected the ideals of man before returning to the slowly receding pool of crimson. A quick inspection provided an interpretation of the event but failed to put the madness into definition, as if a protective mechanism had triggered to prevent stumbling blindly into danger or plummet into endless insanity. The staggering amount of entrails and remains started a gruesome version of erosion, seeping into the tiniest seams and corrupting the holy paradise with the remnants of the slain. The darkness that encompassed the chamber was perhaps the greatest benefit, masking the carnage and gore with a mask of ebony that provided a safeguard, yet also continued to urge the mind to understand and witness everything in its morbid glory. Upon closer observation it appeared that the darkness had contrast somehow...

---

I hope that the above is enough to convince you of my writing skill. Please forgive me for the previous misunderstanding, and please believe me that my sincere wish is only to help.

ZTaimat said:

*Squeeky hammer bonk*

Metalogz said:
Yeah, especially when he's only worth 1 Rupee :D

Excuse me, but when has that ever been an indication of someone’s ability? People these days. Always leaping to conclusions… Though, I must admit that your assumptions are somewhat well founded, considering how blunt and arrogant I originally came off as, but please, did I ever give you any reason to believe that I was going to steal any ideas and claim them as my own? No. I don't believe so...

Oct 23, 2007 at 11:22 PM
No reply? How unfortunate...

Oct 24, 2007 at 12:21 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Firstly, your signature is huge, please make it smaller.

Secoundly, it's no wonder that people think you're arrogant if you, say something like:

Kageryushin said:

And also, you members should be more friendly to new members, also I don't get what ZTaimat means by stealing ideas... There is more I could say here, but I better not.

Don't bump a thread or doublepost just no member is responding, its against the rules.

Oct 24, 2007 at 4:07 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
This is why I never apply to moderate anything. :D

Also, Kageryu, your sig looks like something out of the chonne system. Should I be buying dogs and closing curtains right about now?

Anyway, back on topic, your writing is fairly good.

Oct 24, 2007 at 4:27 AM
Luls
Kageryushin said:

People don't always have to reply to you you know.

And you don't have to have your new post boasting about yourself. Can't you present yourself in a friendlier manner instead? Then people won't get the "wrong" impressiong about you. Like me, for instance.

Oct 24, 2007 at 4:47 AM
"Huzzah!"
Hmm, awkward responses. Not sure who's "side" to take on this one.

Either way, that's some mighty good writing skill you have there, Kageryushin. Kinda reminds me of myself trying to adapt to some crazy roleplay game, only many times cooler and crazier (assuming that makes sense). I'd say you have the talent, at the very least on character development, hehe. *is itching to read more samples, hehe...*

Though, on the other side of the spectrum, ZTaimat and Metalogz were plainly joking ('tis hard for me to take ":D" and "squeeky hammer bonk" seriously, y'know). No harm done, though. We'll all just move on from here.

*assumes aforementioned gendo pose... it's contagious.*

Oct 24, 2007 at 4:52 AM
Luls
Xaser said:
Though, on the other side of the spectrum, ZTaimat and Metalogz were plainly joking.

Good. Some people can actually see that we're joking -_-"

So... I kinda forgot what this thread was supposed to be...

Are we trying to make out the storyline of the game now?

Actually at the start of the game, you could play as the doctor and how he came to find the crown. And then after that, you play as Balrog. And Misery again. And so on.