Community Project: Deity Project

Jun 30, 2011 at 7:37 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Okay Lace. You wanted a full on puzzle game. This has kinda already started though to be a community project and for everyone to have fun. Not neccesarily to be remembered. But I nevertheless get what your saying and where your coming from. Also you gotta stop ranting there buddy.

Anyways, I'm gonna get started on the chruch tile set today, does anybody have some details that they'd like to be in it?

Jun 30, 2011 at 7:39 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
How about a worshipping statue of an alias of the mighty god of the moon, LunarSoul?

Jun 30, 2011 at 8:28 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Geuss whos back :debug:

Someone please care for this ORG,
http://www.mediafire.com/?sfoflr0dhvoa1ss
It has a melody and then a bassline after it,
Just Im not that good at using org maker (Copying notes) SO couldnt spend loads of time re-entering all the notes.

Anyway enjoy!

Jul 1, 2011 at 1:35 AM
Been here way too long...
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
Okay Lace. You wanted a full on puzzle game. This has kinda already started though to be a community project and for everyone to have fun. Not neccesarily to be remembered. But I nevertheless get what your saying and where your coming from. Also you gotta stop ranting there buddy.
You're still not understanding. :rolleyes:

I am not saying that I want a full on puzzle game. I'm saying that that is one path towards the thing I do want - An interesting and original game. That isn't about being remembered. It's about providing a good experience the first time around.

I'm not entirely sure what you meant by "it has already started to be a community project" because obviously that is the case, 70 pages in. You will notice, however, that all the progress made so far has been images, orgs, and hacks, all of which can be easily adapted to different gameplay mechanisms. There is nothing binding us to an uninteresting system, and thus I was offering ideas for an interesting one, not dismissing all the work everyone has done.

Hm. Hope that didn't sound like a rant. It was calm enough in my head, but I guess it all depends on what mode you think I'm in.

Jul 1, 2011 at 2:01 AM
I don't anymore.
Lace said:
You're still not understanding. :rolleyes:

I am not saying that I want a full on puzzle game. I'm saying that that is one path towards the thing I do want - An interesting and original game. That isn't about being remembered. It's about providing a good experience the first time around.

I'm not entirely sure what you meant by "it has already started to be a community project" because obviously that is the case, 70 pages in. You will notice, however, that all the progress made so far has been images, orgs, and hacks, all of which can be easily adapted to different gameplay mechanisms. There is nothing binding us to an uninteresting system, and thus I was offering ideas for an interesting one, not dismissing all the work everyone has done.

Hm. Hope that didn't sound like a rant. It was calm enough in my head, but I guess it all depends on what mode you think I'm in.

I guess I didn't. You would prefer to work on an original game instead of what we've been doing so far then? I'm willing to go with change, but a change like that would first require the actual idea, then the approval of those who have worked on this. Since most horror games are similar, I think someone could think of one with an original concept.

Jul 1, 2011 at 2:13 AM
Been here way too long...
Exactly. Thanks for understanding.
I guess I should work on thinking of an idea then?

Jul 1, 2011 at 2:24 AM
I don't anymore.
Lace said:
Exactly. Thanks for understanding.
I guess I should work on thinking of an idea then?

You could, at least I am here to help. I like original game types too ya know. FYI, dialog type affects it as well, just imagine Paper Mario if it were a serious RPG.

Jul 2, 2011 at 12:23 AM
I don't anymore.
Safusaka said:
I'm back now.

Cool. Are you capable of posting any of your stuff?

Jul 2, 2011 at 8:59 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Was the ORG Anygood?

Jul 4, 2011 at 9:40 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."
You've probably noticed that I haven't been around much at all lately, and I'd like to say I'm sorry for that. I've been busy because in a few weeks I'll be leaving for Florida for the rest of the summer. (Don't worry, I'll have my laptop and internet access!) There are things I need to get done before heading off to Florida, as well as people I'd like to hang out with, since I might not ever see them again once we all ship off to our respective colleges.

So, I'm gonna mark this point on as an official hiatus for me, at least until I have more time on my hands. I'm not leaving for good, so don't you guys let this project die, you hear? :confused: Also I'll probably drop by every now and again to sneak a quick peak on how things are going.

Also, Jet and Safu, welcome back!

Jul 4, 2011 at 7:05 PM
I don't anymore.
Meh, I've had a few favors to do lately for family so...

Yeah I'm gonna try to get more work done on this as soon as I can. JetHawk I haven't had the time to copy and stuff in your org so I'll get on that when I can. Cripple take as much time as you need. Lace get your thinking cap on and if you need to steel another one to increase your thought power! "But not Fab's".

Jul 4, 2011 at 8:14 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
the zombies were created by special experiments made by professor wawee.

Jul 7, 2011 at 6:49 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
The zombies were going to be used for future wars incase of emergencys but they couldnt be tamed. A lab accident allowed them to exit the laboratory and cause the outbreak.

Jul 7, 2011 at 8:04 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Nice dub(ble post)s
And I still don't think a story is necessary, and putting one in the game would actually detract from the fun D:
Just look at zombies mode in black ops.
It's fun, and the story is hardly existent.

Jul 7, 2011 at 8:21 PM
I don't anymore.
cultr1 said:
Nice dub(ble post)s
And I still don't think a story is necessary, and putting one in the game would actually detract from the fun D:
Just look at zombies mode in black ops.
It's fun, and the story is hardly existent.

Actually the story is very deep and well written, you just have to discover it. It plays on radios and you can see little bits of the things mentioned on those radios scattered throughout the map. Even the characters will point things out when you get close to certain objects. They just don't make finding the story something neccesary. We weren't going to either.

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:13 AM
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Yeah, I think people've been working on a backstory, not a full fledged story that would affect the game too much. We just want there to be a few clues as to wtf there are zombies everywhere :p

By the way, is there any real plan for how the player would get between the survival maps? Like, would there be standard CS-like platforming segments between them? Example: When the sun comes up, you carefully get out of the cabin you've been defending, and hurry to the local supermarket to try and find survivors and food, fighting off zombies on the way.

Also: I'm back, guys! :pignon:

Jul 11, 2011 at 5:56 PM
Professional Whatever
So, I need to program weapons, fix the death sprite, and make a new TSC command, right? Am I forgetting anything?
...Oh god, I need to work on MS.
Procrastination SUCKS.

Jul 11, 2011 at 6:42 PM
I don't anymore.
LunarSoul said:
So, I need to program weapons, fix the death sprite, and make a new TSC command, right? Am I forgetting anything?
...Oh god, I need to work on MS.
Procrastination SUCKS.

Uh yeah, that sounds about right. Sorry I haven't been as active on this, this is one of 4 things I'm doing. It'll probably pick up more after Cripple comes back.

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:29 AM
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I'd just like to announce that, after 2 weapon hacks for a mod of my own,

I. know. assembly code! :p

EDIT: a little bit, at least.