Jul 12, 2011 at 7:50 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
jed37 said:
I'd just like to announce that, after 2 weapon hacks for a mod of my own,

I. know. assembly code! :p

EDIT: a little bit, at least.

THE PROJECT LIVES!

I gotta work on a map since our other map makers appear to have not... well... done it. I can't work on the church tile set cause I can't seem to come up with an actual look for it. Safusaka, didn't you have something?

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:34 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Great sprites Safu, I've always enjoyed "realistic" sprites that make full use of the 16 pixels they have :3

Jul 12, 2011 at 8:12 PM
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Those ARE awesome sprites. Nice work!

Jul 12, 2011 at 8:35 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Now this is my kind of art, amazing sprites.

Jul 12, 2011 at 9:05 PM
I don't anymore.
Now those are amazing. I think I can change the other sheet to use those type of rock sprites too. I'm still trying to get a hold of this style for another project, so you have clearly advanced me.

Jul 12, 2011 at 9:44 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
those are some cool sprites bro.

Jul 13, 2011 at 1:41 AM
squidward
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Thanks guys, I haven't sprited too many rocks or trees before these, so I didn't really know how they were going to turn out. I looked at the pixel art from frogatto for inspiration.

Jul 20, 2011 at 5:50 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."
Ohhai, I'm in Florida now. I CAN START DOING THINGS AGAIN after maybe taking a day or two to settle in. So yes!

Jul 20, 2011 at 5:57 AM
I don't anymore.
Cripplechair said:
Ohhai, I'm in Florida now. I CAN START DOING THINGS AGAIN after maybe taking a day or two to settle in. So yes!

After you left we began to lose momentum. I started doing some spriting and music for another project and Lace insisted on changing the entire project to be more original. He never got back to us on that... Well, unless he did and I just didn't see the email notification.

Jul 20, 2011 at 6:14 AM
I couldn't disagree more with Lace in this situation. This project was designed to be Nazi Zombies for Cave Story, damnit, and if it doesn't turn out that way then you haven't accomplished your goal. I support a Nazi Zombie mod, if Lace likes his original concepts so much then he can go make his own instead of commandeering a group of modders who already have a goal in mind.

Jul 20, 2011 at 6:23 AM
I don't anymore.
cultr1 said:
I couldn't disagree more with Lace in this situation. This project was designed to be Nazi Zombies for Cave Story, damnit, and if it doesn't turn out that way then you haven't accomplished your goal. I support a Nazi Zombie mod, if Lace likes his original concepts so much then he can go make his own instead of commandeering a group of modders who already have a goal in mind.

Lace has social issues, but he tries. I can't count how many people there are on this forum that may have some sort of diagnosable social isuue like aspergers. Not that he has any of those. I don't really dislike anyone here so I can't contribute much to what you're saying.

Jul 20, 2011 at 6:47 AM
I don't dislike anyone here either, but I can see how you might think that.
Lace is a pretty cool guy, I just (as stated above) completely disagree with him at this juncture. This project started out as a way of recreating Nazi Zombies in Cave Story, and (as with the banner game idea) Lace has a strong preference for original content over recreation or emulation. I can see the logicality of the thought, but I don't think it should be applied everywhere. Just look at all the mods who come up with original ideas. One exception isn't going to ruin anything >:

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:44 PM
Professional Whatever
cultr1 said:

No it wasn't. This project was started by me and matt to make a community project for everyone to take part in. People can suggest whatever they want, and we shouldn't be bound to make a clone. I don't believe anyone once said this was meant to be a nazi zombies clone, except you. Sure it may relate to nazi zombies, but this is OUR GAME.
And you can't exclude people's ideas from a community project, that's just stupid!

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:49 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Well I really don't know how how this will turn out, but it did look like it was supposed to be like Nazi Zombies from the start. To be honest it seems like a better idea to keep. So... basically what cultr said.

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:56 PM
Professional Whatever
Well you may be right, but I still think this project is an area for discussion and ideas. Sure we can make a nazi zombies clone, but we're not bound to make one, as cultr said. We can change anything if we agree on it. I do agree that it was mostly about taking things from nazi zombies originally, so I guess we were kind of making a clone, but we're still not restricted.

Jul 20, 2011 at 4:05 PM
I'm not saying opinions aren't allowed, I've just watched lace do this to a different project, which crumbled because of it. There's a difference between making a suggestion and forcing an opinion on somebody.

Jul 20, 2011 at 4:28 PM
Professional Whatever
Really? To me it didn't seem like he was forcing anyone, but okay.

Jul 20, 2011 at 4:33 PM
Instead of putting his opinion out for judgement, he made it sound as if not having an original idea made you boring and uncreative. It felt forceful to me at least >:

Jul 20, 2011 at 4:45 PM
Professional Whatever
Ah, I gotcha. I guess I was sounding a bit that way as well...