Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2010 at 8:53 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Offtopic thread in the offtopic section? Blasphemy

EDIT: Better yet
Orfvar Stöhtkonung said:
It's in the CS forum because I assume most people don't visit the Satellite Lounge (where this kind of thread should be, ideally) particularly often.
This isn't the case anymore

Mar 17, 2010 at 9:21 AM
/end
Again, it should have just been closed instead of moved.

It stayed in the Cave Story section for over 2 years with Thomas, Oliver, andwhyisit all passing up the chance to do something with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 17, 2010 at 9:37 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
DoubleThink said:
I think it got more overlooked than anything
Hey hey hey what's my first name :o

I'm sorry you lost over 9000 posts but I didn't see any reason to lock this thread since it's doing what it's meant to. Locking things just gets me yelled at so I can't do that anyway. I don't see why you would want a lock over a less-drastic option.

Mar 17, 2010 at 12:31 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
DoubleThink said:
I don't see why you would want a lock over a less-drastic option.
To not fuck up the post counts, obviously. And to prevent starting another flame war.

Mar 17, 2010 at 7:32 PM
"Huzzah!"
Wait... Does anyone else hear it?

I think... it must be the sound of a moved topic...

Omigosh, the Chat Thread is now in Sattlelite lougne?!?!

...Heh. Took Long Enough.

*Forms a fireball in left hand*

I suppose that means its time... heh... to start the wars.

Mar 17, 2010 at 8:53 PM
/end
DoubleThink said:
Hey hey hey what's my first name :o

I'm sorry you lost over 9000 posts but I didn't see any reason to lock this thread since it's doing what it's meant to. Locking things just gets me yelled at so I can't do that anyway. I don't see why you would want a lock over a less-drastic option.

Has nothing to do with my post count, I can get that back in a day if I want.

It's a simple fact of you basically ruining the entire purpose of a thread, it was created in the Cave Story section for the Cave Story section, and since it got moved people won't use it anymore so it's just like closing it.

And it didn't get overlooked. Back when Thomas was still around the forums I PM'd him a list of threads that were getting out of hand, this being one of them, and while he didn't do anything about this thread he dealt with the other ones.

Mar 18, 2010 at 2:04 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
MetaSeraphim said:
It's a simple fact of you basically ruining the entire purpose of a thread, it was created in the Cave Story section for the Cave Story section, and since it got moved people won't use it anymore so it's just like closing it.
Orfvar Stöhtkonung said:
It's in the CS forum because I assume most people don't visit the Satellite Lounge (where this kind of thread should be, ideally) particularly often.

MetaSeraphim said:
And it didn't get overlooked. Back when Thomas was still around the forums I PM'd him a list of threads that were getting out of hand, this being one of them, and while he didn't do anything about this thread he dealt with the other ones.
How long are we talking? Was the lounge active then or not?

There is absolutely no reason this thread can't keep trundling along exactly as it was, minor aesthetics have never held up random conversation threads before, or indeed off-topicness pretty much anywhere.

EDIT:
Actually does anyone care to explain to me this bullshit in the SPOT I've just discovered? Oh whatever

Mar 18, 2010 at 2:12 AM
Been here way too long...
Well, except no one's going to post in it now because you two are arguing. After MS says "Hpmh, fien!" the thread's going to die, because we already have enough random chat topics in this forum.

Mar 18, 2010 at 2:19 AM
/end
I've never done that in my life.

Mar 18, 2010 at 2:21 AM
Been here way too long...
You have to stop posting on this thread eventually, and DoubleThink isn't moving it back.

Mar 18, 2010 at 2:21 AM
/end
DoubleThink said:
How long are we talking? Was the lounge active then or not?

Back before he went inactive, like around September. He didn't say anything about it outright, but when he viewed it he didn't do anything about it either.

This was after the forum revamp and the lounge was getting a lot more posts than it did when the thread was created.

And. Huh?

Mar 18, 2010 at 11:31 AM
This Troper
Also gotta love how he totally ignored the responses to his query about the move.

Mar 18, 2010 at 1:35 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
The ONLY post about that that wasn't Meta's was "I don't think Cap will like it", clearly he is incredibly upset as you can see here

Look I have more important things to be concerned with at the moment, like why random words are censoring themselves

Mar 18, 2010 at 4:19 PM
This Troper
One, the answer was still "Yes, someone would be upset". Two,
DoubleThink said:
And in future I'll thank you not to ask me questions if you're just going to outright ignore the bulk of my response and tell me what I'm doing instead.
So we can add hypocrisy to the list of your sins as well. And three, fucking up the thread is more important than explaining why? Yeah, right...

Mar 19, 2010 at 5:14 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
T-Jack said:
One, the answer was still "Yes, someone would be upset".
You have no right to make this assumption, much less draw conclusions based upon my actions because of this. Just because you don't agree with my reasoning doesn't render it invalid, and I am not repeating what I have very clearly already said again for your special benefit. I thought we had figured this out in a sensible manner over PM, but now you're behaving like you just want to go looking for trouble.

On that note, I am moving this thread back to the CS Discussion Forum anyway to make sure I can reset the postcount accurately. Further discussion in this thread based on my moving of it will be deleted and met with a warning. I'm not wasting any more of my time dealing with pet peeves when they quite literally don't even matter anymore.

Enjoy the chat thread :)

Mar 19, 2010 at 5:30 AM
"Huzzah!"
I'm willing to risk a warning to say:

Double Think was in the right to move an off-topic topic to the off-topic section.

Just because you kids are too worried about your "post-count e-peens" doesn't mean he has to listen to all of your whines and whims. Post counts don't mean anything, and if yours goes down by 100 or 300 or 9001 because this is moved to a section where posts don't add up, maybe it says something about you, instead of about the mod. Perhaps it says that your posts here aren't worth as much as you think they are, perhaps it says that you aren't as important or well thought out of a member as you thought you were.

In the contrast, however, it isn't really required to mean anything.

But now that its back in the Cave Story section, well, *sigh*.

So, how has YOUR day been?

-Serge.

Mar 19, 2010 at 9:44 AM
"Huzzah!"
Yessir! *runs off for 6 months*

Anyways.... Damn, its really just that hard to get back on topic.

Muffinscotch.

Mar 19, 2010 at 5:37 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
How to troll an entire forum:
1) change some settings
2) tell nobody
3) watch shit hit the fan

hahaha im kidding please don't hurt me.

Mar 19, 2010 at 7:27 PM
"Huzzah!"
Re: Goodbye everyone!

T-Jack said:
I have all the rights to make any assumption I want, thank you very much. It's not my disagreement what makes your reasoning invalid, it's MS's explanation why it is a load of bull. And the PM session basically ended by you giving me a big "Fuck you." If that's what you call "figure out", then I think I was right about you the whole time.
Maybe a moderator who does whatever he wants no matter what is only a pet peeve for you, but I think it's a major problem. Yes, I said it before and I'll say it again: Making you a mod was the biggest mistake in the history of MGF. Now ban me, motherfucker, prove me right.
Oh, and everybody else, it's been fun knowing ya. Maybe we'll meet in another fandom. Bye.

Who wants to provide heal checks to help his death-saving-throws?

Anyone? *shrug* guess not...

Status
Not open for further replies.