Cavern Tale [The Museum Update]

Jul 14, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I was gone for a week if anyone didn't already know... I'll be gone next week as well.

Bombchu Link said:
And light, just out of curiosity, how far are you? (I assume your at the core room by now?)
A... Ahaha.... Hahahahhehehehehemmmmmm... *cough* if I answered that you would be greatly disappointed.
Bombchu Link said:
And also as an idea, make balrog briefly cover in the bolder chamber when puu black copies him.
I don't understand... But whatever idea you were trying to convey most likely won't work as Dr. Gero's... "Character"... Will be the main focus through the whole puu black encounter, and balrog's already planed in what he says/reveals during your fourth encounter.
Parkraft123 said:
Hey Enlightened One, I was looking at the face image in the data folder, and by what I can tell which is blacked out:
I guess it's a good thing I did black them out, as all of those pics are ones that are drawn but not needed yet/you're not supposed to know about them: (but I knew that someone would)

- Sue's fourth face pic is not her getting hurt... Overall I'm not sure I want to use what was behind the curtain
- Curly... I really can't say a single thing about that one, things are planed...
- Correct, you win a cookie. (Though it will only be a one-liner most likely)
- Quote doesn't speak... Does he? (One-liner joke is planned)
- "The chef turns into a Mimiga"... 100% wrong, though if you did see the picture you probably still wouldn't have any idea what your looking at.
- I said the same thing when I was drawing her lips... And that pic isn't blacked because its used once in the alpha...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Since I'm on my iPad I can't make a new signature banner... so...

CURRENTLY WORKING ON:
TSC script was never meant for a complete custom boss against an entity consisting of one animation... But heck, I just made that possible.

NEXT RELEASE:
Probably right after Kazuma asks you to leave on a sky dragon.

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:48 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yup Enlightened and I will be gone all next week having a blast

Jul 16, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
EnlightenedOne said:
- Correct, you win a cookie. (Though it will only be a one-liner most likely)
YAY!
Also, for the plantation, It should be the Mimiga are being forced to prepare the Chef's Meals in his restaurant where miserable and balrog are waiters, and Momorin Sakamoto tryed to dine and dash once.

Jul 16, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I already have plans for Plantation... sorry.

However, your idea about Balrog and Miserable being waiters in the Chef's restaurant is actually pretty much what I had already intended for the balcony and throne room.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I said this before, but it's really hard to implement other peoples suggestions...

First, Nyreal and I already have lots of ideas for different parts of the game, most of which are set in stone:

Dr. Gero's... behavior, The waterway cabin, Destroyed egg corridor, Kazuma and the sky dragon, Plantation, The deal with Maloc, Ma Pigmon, The balcony, the credits montages...

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

*cough* Operation NewBoss, Operation Beast Fang, Operation Happy Ending (Oh My Gosh the look on your face when you are crying tears at this golden idea, ) *cough*

...And a lot more. Even though the first alpha was kind of a "Spur of the moment" editing, the rest are much more planned out (And probably more funny)

Plus, since it's our (Me & Nyreal's) mod, we have the right to choose what to do, to filter out the silly ideas and put in only the greatest nonsense...

TL;DR Most of your ideas won't be considered... so just be patient for me to actually get something done to work on the next release.

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Forever 12
EnlightenedOne said:
However, your idea about Balrog and Miserable being waiters in the Chef's restaurant is actually pretty much what I had already intended for the balcony and throne room.
YAY. I really want to see Balrog and Miserable as waiters.

Jul 17, 2013 at 11:50 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Hey Enlightened, You don't need too make an easy version because your going difficulty in the right manner, Gir's story changed the whole game and added health pickups, I doubt you'd pull it off without messing up the flow.

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Well yah, but of course I am not going to make the beginning up to Sand Box be comparable to the vanilla sanctuary, but for later on I might need to make an easy version (though of the looks of it, I'm pretty sure you guys can handle what it to come... Difficulty-wise).

For example... I had some layouts planned for the first battle with the Core... And if I go through with that layout, the attack pattern where the core blows you toward the left... Is comparable to hell most likely...

And it's nice to know that you think I did difficulty right ( IWTBTG is a very evil game).

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Forever 12
EnlightenedOne said:
I'm pretty sure you guys can handle what it to come... Difficulty-wise).
Is it sad to say I used a Cave Story Inventory editor to give myself a machine gun and 9001 (OVER 9000) Health cause I was stuck on sand box?

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:58 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
yes, because that meme is almost as old as you are

Jul 19, 2013 at 1:30 AM
FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS FINISHED THE ALPHA AND STILL HAS THIER SAVE!

I want to try something...

​Basically, The First Alpha of CavernTale has only one ending... but a few secrets... Some choices... And some other things that will be different for every person.

I don't know what choices were made toward one option over another, I don't know if I did something confusing which hardens the playthrough for most of you. So I want to be able to visually see how each of your playthroughs...

...Bombchu, Polaris, Parkraft, and everyone else who played...

...went, and what secrets did you find.

So here is how you can help me:
I just updated the downloads, and this update adds one thing:
A terminal in the first labyrinth room, next to the last save point in the alpha.

Select yes, and it will show you a room like this:

p167637-0-screenshot20130718at45002pm.png

Except that the NPC's in that room will most likely be different to that, and any other players of the mod.

If you can upload a picture of what it shows for your file, and post it either to this thread or by private message, that's all I need.

It's a weird favor, but it helps to know how each of you are doing (and if I made that one secret ridiculously hard to find)

EDIT: and please tell me if you hacked something... because that could give me false data if I didn't know about it.

Here are the download links of the minor update so you won't have to check the OP.
Download Alpha-1.2 From Dropbox
Download Mirror from Mediafire

Jul 19, 2013 at 1:49 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
EnlightenedOne said:
FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS FINISHED THE ALPHA AND STILL HAS THIER SAVE!

I want to try something...

​Basically, The First Alpha of CavernTale has only one ending... but a few secrets... Some choices... And some other things that will be different for every person.

I don't know what choices were made toward one option over another, I don't know if I did something confusing which hardens the playthrough for most of you. So I want to be able to visually see how each of your playthroughs...

...Bombchu, Polaris, Parkraft, and everyone else who played...

...went, and what secrets did you find.

So here is how you can help me:
I just updated the downloads, and this update adds one thing:
A terminal in the first labyrinth room, next to the last save point in the alpha.

Select yes, and it will show you a room like this:

p167637-0-screenshot20130718at45002pm.png

Except that the NPC's in that room will most likely be different to that, and any other players of the mod.

If you can upload a picture of what it shows for your file, and post it either to this thread or by private message, that's all I need.

It's a weird favor, but it helps to know how each of you are doing (and if I made that one secret ridiculously hard to find)

EDIT: and please tell me if you hacked something... because that could give me false data if I didn't know about it.

Here are the download links of the minor update so you won't have to check the OP.
Download Alpha-1.2 From Dropbox
Download Mirror from Mediafire

done.

enlightingspicture_zpsfe8abd38.png

what exactly does this do though?

hmm, it is all shrouded in mystery. . .

Jul 19, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Ooh, sounds mysterious. :momo:

I'm guessing this has to do with random probability, right?

Well...anyway, I actually HAVEN'T finished this mod...but I'm pretty close. As soon as I have a save where I finished everything, I'll download the new one and tell you what I see and stuff. ;3

Jul 19, 2013 at 4:28 AM
Polaris said:
I'm guessing this has to do with random probability, right?
Nope. It just checks for flags that could have been set, and displays them as NPC's...

For example... (Spoilers of the mod ahead!)
I can tell that Bombchu has the machine gun, not the polar star, helped jenka and didn't steal puppies, got the capsule in egg NO. 10, and several other things...

It sounds like creepy pondering over how people play the mod, but some of the information really helps
(Like the bottom row of NPC's... It's good to know that all that planning won't go to waste)

I'm making this sound confusing... But if people could do this it can help in making the rest of the mod... We will leave it at that.

Jul 20, 2013 at 4:00 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Here you go! :debug:

F**kin' thing won't let me post my screenshot! :muscledoc:

Attachments

• MahScreenshot.PNG
    MahScreenshot.PNG
    57.4 KB · Views: 16
Jul 21, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Forever 12
Hey, sorry I can't test it right now. I'm in a campsite using BlackBerry bridge browser to text on the forums. Once I'm on my pc, I will definitely try it.

EDIT: IM BACK, STILL WORKING ON IT.

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Okay...

I have a severe lack of symbols, so I think I missed a bunch of things. Which makes me sadface, but I really did comb Egg Corridor and couldn't find anything. I'm sorry :muscledoc:

diph.php

However, you should probably know that I'm big on reloading saves to help me explore all possible options, so there's a few things I found that aren't on my profile.dat. Working on an assumed grasp of what the symbols mean...

★I DID talk to Mahin, try shooting the Chinfish, and got sent to Sacred Grounds.

★I TRIED giving Jack Curly's Panties, but he just said the same thing as he always did.

★I DID give Santa Chaco's Lipstick. Finding he only gave me some useless info, I decided to keep the rouge instead.

★Not sure what the sparkle is, though. It may represent something I grabbed at some point, but forgot about and don't have. Or maybe I just flat-out missed it. :koron:

That's all...I hope I helped...

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Thank you polaris... I understand that you explored several different routes (and that this Save file doesn't quite show everything you have done).

I have a few comments below regarding your concerns... Wait why am I writing so formal?... nevermind.
the "sparkle" shows that you interacted with the sparkle in llamashita farm. I'm sure that you did this but just not in this save

The blue robot shows that you found the (meant to be poorly hidden) terminal in egg corridor (which is what the sparkle was referring to, so you did find that part of the quest

Giving Santa the lipstick hints that you need to take jellyfish juice to "an old witch's house".
but it's not required... so you're good...

The problem with you trying to give jack the item, is that you probably needed to interact with him one more time (It checks to see if you have heard his "Chaos" speech at least once in the save)

That's really not your fault... I should probably just make him accept it immediately instead of what I did (it's possible to confuse people, as in your case... I'll probably fix that.)

And I'm assuming that you DID have the panties when you tried it, but without giving it to him you just decided to go back and un-did the trade so that you can have both weapons...

But yah... you actually did good, some of the bottom row AREN'T required to get the secret, but are there just to get the hints... though I think that the one with Jack is going to be required.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's a good Idea to reprogram Jack's script as to not bring that stupid confusion... all it takes is a one more interaction with him... but still...

Again, Thanks to everyone that has been sending them in... I've been gone a lot, but I'm trying to get as much work done as I can each day...

Aug 3, 2013 at 6:33 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Welp I just tried out this mod and I got as far as Egg Corridor and even managed to get the extra capsule in Egg No. 10!
...But then I died at the hands of the lightning puppy at the bottom (yes that's it's nickname) so I'll have to get it again...
ANYways this is fantastic so far, so, I'll let you know when I've finished what is there already.

EnlightenedOne said:
Wait why am I writing so formal?... nevermind.
There's nothing wrong with trying to sound astute, good sir. Tally ho! *leaves by smashing out the back door*

Aug 3, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Lightning puppy
Are you talking about Basil