Cave

Sep 27, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
alfasketer said:
1st I'll say what a genuine and genius mod. 10/10
2nd I have to say if Cave Story was an actual snes game this will be it's Ben drowned.
3rd 30 minutes of nice memories and suddenly at the end HOLY SHIT i was panicking after the nice memories

Overall great mod. Make more like this please.

(P.S.
I love the Yes/Yes options at the end
)
Eh, I wouldn't say that it was Ben Drowned levels of unsettling (also, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask was a N64 game), but it IS present.

Sep 27, 2014 at 3:49 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Did anyone got through the final boss
SeasonsOfDestiny said:
Eh, I wouldn't say that it was Ben Drowned levels of unsettling (also, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask was a N64 game), but it IS present.
Yeah you're kinda right.

Sep 27, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
Words can't explain...
This... This is such a simple concept, one that if done by others would bore you to death, or be taken as unoriginal. But you did it right. It's such an unsettling feeling, and things only get worse and worse as these teaser NPCs come on more and more. And then the final bit, ohoho, you did that just fine.

THIS is the standard for mods. You may not find it a high standard, but I sure do. It looks unprofessional, but let me tell you.
Get it.
Play it.
It's so simple, executed so right.

Sep 28, 2014 at 4:33 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
A mod that strives for something more, story, action, suspense.
But as you go further you want to reach them, out of curiosity and fear.
Wondering what they will say in a barren wasteland where you are the only other survivor.
But they are always out of reach, making you scream in agony.
You travel and travel, for hours on end, but I ask you was it worth it?
In the end the only goal was to kill the last survivor.
And now you are alone again for the rest of your life.
And eventually you stop searching for you know there's nothing left.
For you destroyed the last distraction, and your searching was for nothing.
Isn't the real fear knowing all the time you wasted, when you could have just stopped?
Take this as a warning if you have not seen this before.
Don't waste your time to kill, and live your life to the fullest.
For there is more to life than killing, because after nothing's left.
No one but you who shall be alone.
Forever.

Sep 28, 2014 at 8:27 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Santa is the ultimate troll btw. First you can't reach him due to the lack of a weapon, then you come back and find out that you can't get up there without any presses unless you have the booster, then you arrive with the Booster, but no Santa.

Sep 28, 2014 at 5:04 PM
Brayconn Online
Modding Community Discord Moderator
CSE Discord Moderator
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Say, Has anyone managed to get to Prof. Booster in Waterway? It seems like you could make it if you timed your jump/boost really well... (Or maybe he just ends up disappearing like everyone else <:p)

Sep 29, 2014 at 8:58 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
TnuoccaTla said:
A Semi-Explanatory Post-Assessment
I agree with many of you. It was an interesting experiment. It was a thing. It wasn't all that special since it was a measly deletion of almost all NPC's and then stringing the maps together. Contrary to this, many appreciated the Sanctuary portion, in which I added in my personal touches of chaos and finished it off with an unanswered question, in the hope for player reflection. The overall view of these events seemed more positive than I expected, coming sooner than I anticipated, and meant more to me than what I thought it ever could.

My name backwards is "AltAccount" as many have pointed out. This is not the outcome of a pre-existing ban, nor anything malicious-intended at all. The reason behind this was because of the risk. I posted this mod, with its purposely empty thread OP and boring base concept, not knowing what would happen. Would my hypothetical reputation be smitten for the making of such a strange concept? Maybe I should have just went with it, but it's too late. As a plus, the new member vibe might have added to the effect to be honest.

I almost expected it to just go largely unnoticed, and instead I got the opposite. I read everything from my home account, lurked the Skype group (which contained the largest source of real-time feedback), and grew a little. I now know that I still have it in me to rip out the forum's attention and can still throw a surprise punch to shock some members a little.

Maybe this is all just pretentious. If one thing is for sure though, reading those Skype messages yesterday helped me regain my desire to finish my main modification, one reaching far beyond what this social experiment did. The hidden story of Cave is over, but that one final tune will play again, starting the new journey I can't wait to tell.

I will now take my leave, with TnuoccaTla silenced and all. Goodbye.
TnuoccaTla truly made an amazing game, and sadly he had to go. He truly made one of the best mods I've seen, and then goes, our only hope to find who the person was is through IP tracking, but I'm unsure if anyone would come up.

If his identity is never found, someone in the forums should create a "memorial" thread. I hope to make it, if I can see if anyone looked.

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Been here way too long...
Is the final boss possible to do? Or is the mod supposed to end there as you keep battling uselessly?

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:06 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
IdioticBaka1824 said:
Is the final boss possible to do? Or is the mod supposed to end there as you keep battling uselessly?
It's possible to beat it, and there's an ending afterwards. It's just not the easiest of things to do.

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:36 PM
2dbro
My time for the boss is like 11'27"30 because I kept dying and dying. There's a trick though;
keep shooting the hourglasses to get health..

Sep 30, 2014 at 12:36 AM
Offensive User
Sora655 said:
He truly made one of the best mods I've seen, and then goes, our only hope to find who the person was is through IP tracking, but I'm unsure if anyone would come up.
I'm under the impression that it was just Hayden with a proxy

Sep 30, 2014 at 1:39 AM
Based Member
Nope, not me. I've been too busy working on Plus Porter to mess with you guys, I don't know who this mystery user is. This does almost seem like something I would do, though, ignoring the fact that I'm an anti-alt purist.

Sep 30, 2014 at 1:46 AM
Perpetually out of it
My vote's still on Enlightened.

But then again this is coming from the guy who was convinced for a period of time that TheDoctor was an alt of Parkraft so what do I know?

Sep 30, 2014 at 5:45 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
I'm an anti-alt purist.

I found that out the hard way.

I'm not so stupid as to try again.

Or am I?

I would almost just say that it was a legit member that did it that lurked a while before attacking.

That is, unless Kayya, Nadojin, or possibly seasons did... Also note that he used the
<IBF command

in the final fight.

Sep 30, 2014 at 6:04 AM
Professional Whatever
Alts are always bad no matter what the purpose

Sep 30, 2014 at 6:14 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
My vote's still on Enlightened.
Bow to me children, for I hath created the opium mod crafted from removing interactivity.

In all seriousness I would be a liar if I said I didn't have some inclination toward Hayden as well. Another user I thought it could have been was you BLink (since looking into the ending script I noticed it has your <IBF command [that had to be a huge clue I would think]), but after talking earlier today I deduced that it wasn't your style to include one ASM patch and a reskinned Ballos when you have the ability to make your own bosses.

Sep 30, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
IdioticBaka1824 said:
It is very much possible, I can attest to that. The more hourglasses you attack, the more of them you spawn. The boss doesn't even appear until you have dished out enough damage to the hourglasses. Pass underneath in waves while shooting upwards at hourglasses when the hourglasses start to really pile up. The black lightning can't hit you if you keep moving. Your max health and current health increases as you defeat the hourglasses, so if you play the fight smart then you should have heaps of health left over for the boss. When the boss does appear you need to above all keep pace with the now independently moving camera, other than that the same strategies should apply.

Sep 30, 2014 at 6:01 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Honestly I feel like the final boss while somewhat interesting ran in contrast with the rest of the mod. A final boss doesn't seem like an appropriate ending.

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Been here way too long...
andwhyisit said:
It is very much possible, I can attest to that. The more hourglasses you attack, the more of them you spawn. The boss doesn't even appear until you have dished out enough damage to the hourglasses. Pass underneath in waves while shooting upwards at hourglasses when the hourglasses start to really pile up. The black lightning can't hit you if you keep moving. Your max health and current health increases as you defeat the hourglasses, so if you play the fight smart then you should have heaps of health left over for the boss. When the boss does appear you need to above all keep pace with the now independently moving camera, other than that the same strategies should apply.
Thanks!