Cave Story with a fourth ending

Jun 9, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
-Wrong information
-Correction
-More information regarding correction
-"God damn guys you just don't understand how could you hurt me so much I'm going to mope around while you guys hate on me because that's pretty much all that is done on the matter"

Don't fret over saying something wrong, but don't act like a victim when people correct you.

Jun 9, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
A Gamer said:
Gosh, sorry. It's not like I'm the smartest one here. Besides, I bet that because I was wrong, the next 4 posts will be pointing that out. Geez, 1 little post and I feel like everyone's against me now. Sorry.
This coming from the guy who just said "Hey look at this mod's creator and how STUPID he was for not even pre-releasing it" without any evidence to support such a claim. You make an attack on hayden and then you get upset when people call you out for being WRONG about it? Talk about a hypocrite.

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
This coming from the guy who just said "Hey look at this mod's creator and how STUPID he was for not even pre-releasing it" without any evidence to support such a claim. You make an attack on hayden and then you get upset when people call you out for being WRONG about it? Talk about a hypocrite.
Sorry. Bad day there. :( But please don't rub it in. And technically I didn't actually ATTACK Hayden, just pointed out something that isn't true.

MagicDoors said:
-Wrong information
-Correction
-More information regarding correction
-"God damn guys you just don't understand how could you hurt me so much I'm going to mope around while you guys hate on me because that's pretty much all that is done on the matter"

Don't fret over saying something wrong, but don't act like a victim when people correct you.
Sorry again. :(

Jun 11, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello HaydenStudios.

I'm a Taiwanese and really love your creation for Cave Story (The fourth ending)

But there is a pity that the game's language just only in English.

I believe many chinese players just only understand a part of plots from English dialogue.

So I have the idea: translated your creation into Chinese language.

I made reference to your creation v1.34 for translation,and mix a little chinese language grammar to make your plots more suitable for chinese player ro understand.

For this purpose,I would like to ask your permission to allow my friend and I to translate your creation "Cave Story (The fourth ending)"

Just only want your great creation to be more known by aother player.

Sincerely here.

Jun 11, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Based Member
Sure, go ahead, that would be great! I'm honored that enough people like this mod for someone to want to translate it into another language, so tell your friend I'm perfectly fine with it. Be sure to notify me when it's done so that I can put up a download link in the first post.

Jun 16, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello HaydenStudios

This is finished Chinese language Cave Story(The fourth ending) we consulted your creation.

This compressed file complete with Chinese language games and information,

and some of the documentation in English.

http://www.mediafire.com/?u44ug0268pu61rf

The Chinese language Cave Story(The fourth ending)have Chinese language's dialogue and plot.

But to make the story more smoothly, we done a little change.

The new plot is before the Quote go to the Last Cave (Hidden),

Momorin Sakamoto and Booster tell about The Doctor to Quote.

In the meantime,we add a new plot - Curly gives Iron Bond to Quote.

Because many players know if you want to get a good ending,you must get Iron Bond first.

So this is what we think to do for players who had been played the original Cave Story to suitable with original plot.

The translated work is about two months.

Although we have been fixed some bugs about Chinese language,but there are still a pity problem there.

About the Credit.tsc file,it will shutdown if the language taken by Chinese language.

This is the only regret.

However,after the official released,if some player asked questions or bugs about Chinese language,we will try to fix them and make it to be the best.

We hope you will like this Chinese language version we offer to you.

Sincerely here.

Jun 17, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Based Member
Thank you very much for seeing enough value in my work to translate it into your native tongue, but I'm afraid I can't approve of this.

hamtomoyo said:
But to make the story more smoothly, we done a little change...

...In the meantime,we add a new plot - Curly gives Iron Bond to Quote.

Because many players know if you want to get a good ending,you must get Iron Bond first.

So this is what we think to do for players who had been played the original Cave Story to suitable with original plot.
I understand where people are coming from with it not necessarily making sense if you can enter the Sacred grounds without the Iron Bond. Simply put, this mod isn't perfect, and as such has a few plot holes, like the lack of an Iron Bond, inexplicably being unable to access the Outer Wall, the Nikumaru Counter randomly appearing in the Prefab building, and a sizable portion of enjoyable content being cut out, such as the fight in Labyrinth M, the fight with the Core, and the Waterway. Some of these things bother some people more than others, and some don't bother anyone at all. In defense of this case in particular though, I'd just say that in regular Cave Story, it's not just the Iron Bond, but other special things you have to do as well that unlock the Sacred grounds. And I'd say that the extra special things that happen in the path for the fourth ending make up for the lack of an Iron Bond. Certainly not the strongest argument, I wouldn't be surprised if someone could easily debunk it, but that's what I've got. The simple fact is that I have made this mod the way I've made it, and I would rather that not be changed.

I really am humbled that people see enough value in this mod to want to translate it into another language, but I disagree with the extra bit of dialogue added, and the whole premise behind it. I would be more than happy to promote this translation if you are willing to remove that extra bit of dialogue and cutscene of Curly giving Quote the Iron Bond, but not if not.

hamtomoyo said:
However,after the official released,if some player asked questions or bugs about Chinese language,we will try to fix them and make it to be the best.
Assuming we can resolve the above issue, then that's fine if the translation undergoes a few revisions. Be sure to keep me posted on updates so that I can have the latest version of the Chinese translation on this thread.

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello HaydenStudios

Sorry for what we did.

In this test version,I deleted additional plots.

I promise the final version won't have these new plots or things.

Only for "dialogue" to translated.

and add your nickname and URL in file.

I've finished the Chinese version.

Here is the file:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o4bgde27n6jb9os/Cave_Story_(4_endings)_Chinese_version_20130619.zip

I wish you could agree to let this official Chinese version public or released.

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Based Member
Much better, thanks! I went ahead and played through the simplified version and everything seemed okay.

I would like to send my thanks to both you, and those who helped translate my mod, for helping this mod become more widespread!

I have put a download link to your translation in the first post, and feel free to notify people elsewhere. I tried to have the text for the download link be in Chinese by having the same text in the title screen: "洞窟物语 (第4结局)". There is a character on the title screen that isn't in that text though. Is there an error with the text for the download link? If so, could you type in the proper text and I'll update the first post again? Thanks.

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It seems the chinese text doesn't have any problem.
ty your appreciation, I'm proud to help this work

Previous version data still has a few problems.
here is the latest version.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ab3xwm0ge4n93vs/Cave_Story_(4_endings)_Chinese_version_20130620.zip

www.mediafire.com/download/ab3xwm0ge4n93vs/Cave_Story_(4_endings)_Chinese_version_20130620.zip

Jun 20, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Based Member
Good, glad there are no problems with the text for the link. The first post has now been updated with the new download that you have provided. Be sure to notify me again if there are any more releases.

Jun 24, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello HaydenStudios

There is a Chinese player asked a question.

After defeating enemies,there will drop some triangle EXP.And he feels these are more than original vision.

I'm not sure there is increased or not because it's random.

Jun 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Based Member
I have done nothing to increase the number of power crystals, at least to my own awareness. He's probably experiencing just more power crystals being dropped due to the considerable randomness of what some enemies drop. If he can prove that there is a big difference between the original and my mod by showing an area, destroying monsters there multiple times, and then doing the same thing in my mod, then I will believe that this is going on, but until then, I'm pretty sure it's just a coincidence.

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello HaydenStudios

This is the updated version

Cave Story the fourth ending - Traditional Chinese version V1.51

-Fixed "Labyrinth I" to "Labyrinth H" error
-Fixed "Record" font (紀錄(X) → 記錄(O))

Cave Story the fourth ending - Simplified Chinese version V1.11

- Fixed "Network" font (网路(X) → 网络(O))
- Fixed "Record" font (纪录(X) → 记录(O))

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lfn4ca344bmhffz/Cave_Story_(4_endings)_Chinese_version_20130706.zip

Jul 6, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Based Member
Thanks for notifying me. The link in the first post has been updated. As always, be sure to notify me of any future updates.

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:56 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Hello, your modding 4th/Fourth Ending (Best Ending) look perfect and I like it for HAPPY ENDING :)

Your modding very great work well and I finish upload with TAS for your modding.

Here my video for your modding:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjOE3y-tuh0

Great job work for your modding "HaydenStudios" :)

Jul 12, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Based Member
Hey, thanks, I liked it! It's gratifying to see that someone liked this mod enough to even TAS it. It isn't perfect, but it's still nice. I watched the whole thing up from the Sand Zone, by the way. Also, just to let you know, Kanpachi catches the missile upgrade if you're going for the fourth ending, so it's possible to get the super missile launcher even if you're going for the fourth ending, just a little bit later.

Jul 12, 2013 at 4:54 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Oh I didn't know, Why didn't show about Super missile Launcher (upgrade) for last time... oh well.

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello HaydenStudios

This is the updated version

Cave Story the fourth ending - Traditional Chinese version V1.60 And Simplified Chinese version V1.20

The windows menu"Quit, Volume, Version"are translated into Chinese.

The Credit.tsc curtain call are translated into Chinese.

Thsi is last updated version.

This version won't be updated,for example text bug,unless it has serious game bug.

Grateful so much to give our support and encouragement in these two months.

Looking forward to your next work.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jv9sb5xlbebd8xe/Cave_Story_(4_endings)_Chinese_version_20130808.zip

Aug 8, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Based Member
The link in the OP has been updated. Glad to see that you got the credits working. It's been a pleasure working with you, and thanks again for translating this!