Cave Story: The Legacy

Nov 7, 2007 at 3:57 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
jcys810 said:
What damned drugs have you been taking? THIS thread is keantoken's, my thread is Essence of Chaos - Shattered Destiny. :/

Omg I really shouldn't be posting when I'm sleepy =S

--off-topicness--

Hold on lemme tryout your mod :D And I'll give comments soon enough.

Nov 7, 2007 at 4:12 PM
Luls
Ok I found a weird bug =S

When you jump off the edge of the start point... You aren't dead and you still can move around in the depths of who-knows-what and then all of a sudden... You end up in water! And then you drown... Thats is really weird... You need to add the event where you die after passing a certain margin. A H/V Trigger if i'm not wrong.

Also, after they say ARGH WE'VE BEEN HIT! thingy, when you go all the way down to see what has happened to the helicopter... you see Momorin's floating sprite... I'm willing to bet that that isn't supposed to happen... lol.

Other than that, I like the storyline so far... I've only reached the Egg Corridor... further testing...

Nov 7, 2007 at 10:40 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
tradegies'

That's tragedies. :D At any rate, my brother complained about its un-cavestory-esque like properties. I find it a bit lame myself the way it actually references our world... Should it be changed?

Also, after they say ARGH WE'VE BEEN HIT! thingy, when you go all the way down to see what has happened to the helicopter... you see Momorin's floating sprite... I'm willing to bet that that isn't supposed to happen... lol.

Yeah... No matter what I do she still floats there... Whether or not I delete her... Of course, it may be due to the fact that I set her invisible flag AND delete her... But I kinda doubt it.

When you jump off the edge of the start point... You aren't dead and you still can move around in the depths of who-knows-what and then all of a sudden... You end up in water! And then you drown... Thats is really weird... You need to add the event where you die after passing a certain margin. A H/V Trigger if i'm not wrong.

Yep. I knew about it, but haven't bothered to fix it... Pixel probably put the water there in case of bugs...

And about the robot... I can't figure out why it doesn't display the G (actually I just did - I used <MSGood instead of <MSGGood)... I'm starting to wonder if the CS engine isn't bit buggy. That or SW. But that won't stop me. *evil grin*

I'm going to start working on the sprites a bit now... EDIT: Actually, I have no idea where to go for the sprites... Any suggestions?

Since I don't know what to do with sprites, I'm working on storyline right now... Beware: the storyline will either be really good, really whimsical, or really evil. Be sure you can handle whichever you pick.

EDIT: Sorry guys... The storyline might take a few days...

- keantoken

Nov 8, 2007 at 8:29 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
That's tragedies.
Oops. I always thought it was tradegies.
At any rate, my brother complained about its un-cavestory-esque like properties. I find it a bit lame myself the way it actually references our world... Should it be changed?
No. Don't. If you got a brilliant idea, go for it. After all, its TEN years ago, lots of things change in 10 years.
And about the robot... I can't figure out why it doesn't display the G (actually I just did - I used <MSGood instead of <MSGGood)... I'm starting to wonder if the CS engine isn't bit buggy. That or SW. But that won't stop me. *evil grin*
It isn't buggy. It is supposed to be <MSGGood. Because it says <MSG in the TSC, not <MS. lol.

Nov 8, 2007 at 7:56 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Now I am confused. So Quote knew the Sakamotos before Cave Story? Then how do they not know who he is ten years later?

Nov 8, 2007 at 10:23 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Well, Being that this mod isn't even finished, you might want to read a bit of my earliest posts so you get an idea of what all I've had to compromise on.

No, Quote did not know the Sakamotos before the original game, I was just more focused on getting the general story idea down before I went crazy on graphics (meaning that I used the Sakamotos' sprites just so there would be some). I am a firm believer that graphics can't do terribly much to make a bad storyline any better.

When I feel ready, I'll make new sprites for those except for Curly and Quote, and then it shouldn't be so confusing to try and figure out.

- keantoken

Nov 9, 2007 at 5:00 AM
Luls
WTF! YOU GUYS GOT IT ALL WRONG! :D

Quote knew the Sakamotos even before he came to the island! But then Quote suddenly blacked out and appeared in a cave and lost his memory. So at that point in time, Quote didn't know the Sakamotos ANYMORE but the Sakamotos knew who he was. -_-"

Nov 9, 2007 at 5:40 AM
Respwnt
Metalogz said:
WTF! YOU GUYS GOT IT ALL WRONG! :D

Quote knew the Sakamotos even before he came to the island! But then Quote suddenly blacked out and appeared in a cave and lost his memory. So at that point in time, Quote didn't know the Sakamotos ANYMORE but the Sakamotos knew who he was. -_-"
No he didn't. Remember when Sue said "you're not from here are you?" or when Kazuma asked Booster "do youknow each other" and Booster said "no"?
The only sakamoto to behave as though she knew about Quote's existance before their first meeting was momorin, and that was because Sue had told her about it.

Nov 9, 2007 at 2:58 PM
Luls
Err... Then that doesn't make any sense... Cause then why would those mods that are about what happened before the actualy Cave Story story show that Quote has met the Sakamotos before...? >.>

Nov 9, 2007 at 5:30 PM
Respwnt
Metalogz said:
Err... Then that doesn't make any sense... Cause then why would those mods that are about what happened before the actualy Cave Story story show that Quote has met the Sakamotos before...? >.>
Which reminds me to check out the latest update.

Nov 9, 2007 at 10:34 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Those mods may not be as in-depth as I plan to go in this one. If anyone cares to try and find out, then by all means, beat the game tonight and see if the Sakamotos ever say Quote's name.

If anyone related to the Sakamotos were to know about Quote, I would think it mostly likely to be Booster, and he may only know about rumors and legends...

At any rate, during my play-throughs of the game, I never heard a Sakamoto refer to Quote by his name, at least that I remember...

- keantoken

Nov 9, 2007 at 11:59 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
keantoken said:
At any rate, during my play-throughs of the game, I never heard a Sakamoto refer to Quote by his name, at least that I remember...
Is true. Curly is the only one who says Quote's name in the original.

Nov 10, 2007 at 2:43 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Ah. Thanks for clarifying on that one, Double. Differing opinions should be offered with a garnish of evidence on the side.

- keantoken

Nov 10, 2007 at 12:07 PM
Luls
I still think you should change Quotes hair ><"

Its flat-ish. Why not make him have fluffy or spikey hair... At least make him have a few strands or bunches of standing hair. =S

Nov 11, 2007 at 1:45 AM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
I haven't played it yet, but I support this mod. Who gives a crap if the title is similar, shut up about it.

Nov 11, 2007 at 9:48 AM
Luls
Nator said:
I haven't played it yet, but I support this mod. Who gives a crap if the title is similar, shut up about it.

Err... No one's been talking about it in 2 days o.o"

Nov 11, 2007 at 12:01 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

"You there, get this man a drink."
"Okay."
"Put your wallet down, sir."
"Why?"
"He'll pay for your drink."
"What!? Why me?"
"Because I said so. Of course, we could just forgo your next paycheck, your choice."

Thanks for your support, Nator. Very much appreciated. No offense to everyone else, because not even I thought to say this.

About the hair, I have to say that I agree. The style is much too plain. I definitely don't like it. I'll try and see if I can do something, but no promises.

At any rate, It'll take some more time before the next version is released (at least a few days - possibly considering our tomorrowly grillout). But just so that no one thinks I'm lagging, I'll post a quick peek at what I've done:

p19404-0-preview.png

In the next version, there will be more storyline, not to mention splits and that stuff. Basically, you might not have explored all the possible storylines before I post the version after that. That said, this might take a while depending on how efficient I can get at TSC script.

- keantoken

Nov 11, 2007 at 5:08 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
You should give Quote and afro. :D

Nov 12, 2007 at 1:38 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Nov 12, 2007 at 6:47 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."