Cave Story+ Needs You! (Again...) ( ^ _ ^ )

Aug 29, 2012 at 3:21 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
BiQ, they are beta testing the online leaderboards part of the game. I don't think they are planning on doing anything with the music settings for mac for a while. The main point was to help test the leaderboards.
Anyway, I know it's like, 4 months later, but I can "Hopefully" try and help beta testing. (Provided you still need some help, I've never done beta testing before so it'll be a learning experience.) I do own Cave Story+ and have some pretty good times. Don't know how good Gir's are, but I'm willing to try and improve my routes for the different challenges.

Aug 29, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Here are what they are in a nutshell because you wanted to know:
Sanctuary Time Attack: 3'30"2
Boss Attack: 8'31"7 (But I do think that he can do better...)
Wind Fortress: 1'45"8
Nemesis Challenge: 1'58"4 (note that he's in 2nd Place for this one)

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Wow, I blow away the first two times, but Wind Fortress and Nemesis...
Sanctuary Time Attack: In Sig, but 2'53"2 (I swear I was pumped or something, can't seem to top this.)
Boss Attack: 6'53"3 (No kidding, I pretty much always get under 7'30"0 for sure)
Wind Fortress: 1'49"8 (close, still need to polish the route a bit) (*EDIT* Did some route polishing and got 1'45"2)
Nemesis Challenge: 2'06"9 (I suck at it... I've been trying to get a good run of it, but dang deaths ruining stuff. I have a pretty good route planned for it)
Also, for the record, I don't have a controller to play with, so I've gotten all these times using a keyboard. I swear my J and K key must be jammed because of it. (Even though they aren't)

(*EDIT* And from this, I have every achievement (Except Unstoppable, beating Sanctuary with 3hp) and the buggy "Curse Broken" one I've heard about.)

Aug 31, 2012 at 2:39 AM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Actually, I think beta testing is over.

Sep 1, 2012 at 1:34 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
:hoppy:
Testing is not even over we've had this same version for at least a month the update will be released when beta testing is over.

Sep 4, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Don't know why I didn't ask this earlier, but when do you think the beta testing will be over? Also, I may not be able to help as much as before due to school, but I can put aside time to try and help beta test.

Sep 4, 2012 at 1:51 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Q3 2013, I reckon
(we have no idea)

Sep 16, 2012 at 8:51 PM
I know it's like a week and a half later, but I'm still up for trying some beta testing. I polished all my times (Except Wind fortress, which was the first that I polished) and have spent a lot of time doing so. (Not having internet for a week sucks, luckily I was able to play without it and was able to spend time with routes.
Sanctuary Time Attack: 2'42"1 (Using Spur and Blade)
Boss Attack: 6'52"2 (Not sure if I got a better time, I did get a video of my showing my button presses, so I didn't use a action replay controller. I didn't record the screen, but the ending time of Boss Attack was like 6'56 something)
Wind Fortress: 1'45"2 (Yea... Can't seem to top this at all. I really hate having to restart the timer every time, but hey, I've got to do it.)
Nemesis Challenge: 1'49"1 (Finally... A decent time. I spent like a good hour yesterday just trying it over and over. Eventually got a good run of it and... Oh wait, did I really just beat Gir's time of it? God damn proves how much I spent working on it...)
Yea... I'm pretty much done with Cave Story+'s challenges for some time now. Still have to get Sue screen on the original now.
*EDIT* Also, it's my Bday today. Not much has happened today except for getting internet back.
*EDIT* Spent a little time on Nemesis and... 1'46"2, I did record it, but the quality is horrendous. I did attempt to re-record it and got a time of 1'47"6. Hopefully I can get recordings of all the other ones.

Sep 17, 2012 at 2:25 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
You really don't get it, do you
They have all the beta testers they need
Your times mean nothing to us, they just need times because we're testing the leaderboards for the challenges
We can't just like
Input your times or something
It's not how it works
I'm sorry if I come across as harsh but it's just the way it is

Sep 17, 2012 at 4:38 AM
@ Dunc I guess I'm just hyped about trying beta testing. I feel like I'm also making a couple enemies at this board, which isn't good despite being here for only a couple months. I'll try and be better about trying to appeal the crowd. Also, I think I might just drop thinking about the beta testing since I've got school now.

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:39 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
So the update just went live this morning. It has the Halloween art, which is really funny from what I've seen so far, the Machine Gun Challenge level, and leaderboard/replay support. I don't know if anyone else has checked it out so far, but for me, the game closes whenever I try to open the leaderboards.

Oct 29, 2012 at 4:27 PM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
So the update just went live this morning. It has the Halloween art, which is really funny from what I've seen so far, the Machine Gun Challenge level, and leaderboard/replay support. I don't know if anyone else has checked it out so far, but for me, the game closes whenever I try to open the leaderboards.

Oh, right you are....

EeeEeEEEeeeEEEeeee!

Time to play through cave story for the 2789638th time

Edit: I need to have a small outburst for a second...

duefhweuifhwuirfhwiufgwief

So, I remember that I had a gripe about the Christmas sprites, that gripe being that the character portraits stayed the same.

But -- and I was totally not expecting it -- not this time. All of the characters talk sprites/portraits are halloween.

Nicalis team I take back everything bad I ever said about you let me blow you

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Okay what are you talking about I am like at least 90.98 percent that they had christmas ones
Yeah, yeah they do
I remember because one of Noxid's old facepics was double-res'd and put in there
Or maybe the opposite happened, I don't exactly

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Edit: I need to have a small outburst for a second...

duefhweuifhwuirfhwiufgwief

So, I remember that I had a gripe about the Christmas sprites, that gripe being that the character portraits stayed the same.

But -- and I was totally not expecting it -- not this time. All of the characters talk sprites/portraits are halloween.

Nicalis team I take back everything bad I ever said about you let me blow you
You're right... these Halloween sprites are epic xD
...Now if only we had a little Halloween horror story mod.

Quote and Curly return to spend their vacation on a beautiful floating island, in a cozy cabin.
Surprise! The Sakamotos are already back on the island as well. But, not all is right on the island...

People start disappearing... Curly even. There are rumors of a haunted cave nearby...
What will Quote find?

Alternative story (Sue?) :
Everyone is having a Halloween bash at the Mimigas place. Until suddenly someone doesn't feel good... and turns into a frenzied monster! Someone is red flowering people at the party! Will you find the culprit in time? Or will you be next...

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:45 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Do the leaderboards still not work for anyone else? I wonder what the issue is.

And some of my new replays are still encountering the same problems we had in beta testing (running and jumping into a wall the first room in Machine Gun/Nemesis Challenge, getting killed by Naked Curlys in Wind Fortress).

Nov 2, 2012 at 3:25 AM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Alternative story (Sue?) :
Everyone is having a Halloween bash at the Mimigas place. Until suddenly someone doesn't feel good... and turns into a frenzied monster! Someone is red flowering people at the party! Will you find the culprit in time? Or will you be next...
I like that better. Quote is way too powerful to be a credible protagonist for a horror story (Oh hi Pyramid Head *spur to the face and boost away*)

Sue on the other hand would be perfect, and that story idea you've there is a great premise.

Nov 2, 2012 at 2:02 PM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
Since the topic of this thread is now about the latest CS+ updates...

Nicalis, I really, really love you. I love how you seem to put out a promo illustration every time new things are released. I 100% forgive you for any snags when you make stuff like this.

p150024-0-a6km5bccuaad88u.png

(From the Nicalis official Twitter.)