Cave Story: Jenka's Nightmare

May 16, 2010 at 7:02 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I have a bit of a problem...

After returning from the labrynth to Mimiga village, I went through Genisis: Spirit, throught he Graveyard, and got the nemisis and machine gun, but I didn't go into the Town Hall. Now I got through Genisis: Water, Genisis: Light, and Genisis: Core fine.

After that, I went through Grasstown, and back to the warehouse to get the little chest that is under the fans, before you decend to Genisis: Sky. Now when I go through Genisis: Earth to the Sand Zone, the event that makes the block appear automaticly runs, meaning I'm stuck there. I can post a picture of this if you want, but do you guys know any way to fix this?

Oh, and I have Sue's Workshop, but not a single idea of how to fix scripts...

May 17, 2010 at 12:32 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
You're at the point where the mod's finished sorry :D

We don't know if we're supposed to go back there or not. Not that collecting you would be important at this point :3

May 18, 2010 at 3:42 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
You're at a glitch, actually. You're not supposed to be able to get back into Genesis: Sky once you leave. If you want to continue on that save, you're going to have to edit out the block that traps you using Sue's Workshop or something.
Though, yes, I do think you're basically done. If you can climb the Chimney, that's about all there is.

May 23, 2010 at 5:19 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This mod was by far the best I have seen. Personally I thought it was right up there with the original CS. If only the creator would come and finish it T.T

May 23, 2010 at 5:27 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
David Schwobe said:
This mod was by far the best I have seen. Personally I thought it was right up there with the original CS. If only the creator would come and finish it T.T

Yeah, I wish that too, but there is no way he will ever continue to work on it. There's like, a 5% chance it may happen. I like how there are discussions about dead mods. Regardless if it's unfinished or not, that doesn't mean we can't discuss about it.

Although, it wouldn't be surprising if the creator came back one day..

May 23, 2010 at 6:30 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Ralren said:
Yeah, I wish that too, but there is no way he will ever continue to work on it. There's like, a 5% chance it may happen. I like how there are discussions about dead mods. Regardless if it's unfinished or not, that doesn't mean we can't discuss about it.

Although, it wouldn't be surprising if the creator came back one day..

What I'd love to see is a mod creator come back maybe 20 years after he started a project, and then finish it. It would just be epic, except that the forums might be dead by that point.

He got so close to finishing it, it'll be a shame if it's never completed.

May 23, 2010 at 4:58 PM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
I say there is a good chance that he come back and finish the mod. Remember? He left the forum for a year then he came back to continue his mod.

May 23, 2010 at 5:01 PM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
And now he left it for almost 3 years.

May 23, 2010 at 9:52 PM
Okay
Schokobecher said:
And now he left it for almost 3 years.
At leaset he is still posting in the Doukutsu Live Journal. He needs to be poked multiple times in order to activate his creative thoughts!

May 24, 2010 at 5:36 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well, let's do it!! Let's try to convince him to return just to finish it! If he stopped because he ran out of ideas then we should help him! If he stopped because he couldn't find the time then we will have him tell us what to do to finish it for him! If he simply forgot then we will simply remind him! We should at least attempt to get him to finish this mod!!

May 24, 2010 at 5:41 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
David Schwobe said:
Well, let's do it!! Let's try to convince him to return just to finish it! If he stopped because he ran out of ideas then we should help him! If he stopped because he couldn't find the time then we will have him tell us what to do to finish it for him! If he simply forgot then we will simply remind him! We should at least attempt to get him to finish this mod!!

In the event that we can't get him to finish it, someone else always could.

It'd be interesting to know how it was supposed to end.

May 24, 2010 at 5:48 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well technically we will never know how it was "supposed" to end if the original creator never finishes it :D

May 24, 2010 at 10:33 PM
Okay
David Schwobe said:
Why don't YOU David Schwobe try to convince him. I am not good with that or I was going to do it ages ago.

May 24, 2010 at 11:20 PM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
It doesn't matter to me; I can't get past the Gaudusketeers.... :eek:

May 24, 2010 at 11:47 PM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
David Schwobe said:
Well technically we will never know how it was "supposed" to end if the original creator never finishes it :eek:

He could tell us.
You know
the magical thing called story telling.

May 25, 2010 at 7:09 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well then I will try to convince him, but I highly doubt I would be able to do it alone. First, tell me exactly how to get in touch with him, I'm new to this whole forum thing. Second, after I give him my word, everyone else should too. If he sees that more people appreciate his work then there is a better chance that he would come back to finish it. We all loved this mod right? Well we can't sit around and let it go unfinished.

May 25, 2010 at 8:12 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I think he has moved on.

May 25, 2010 at 6:56 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
@ WoodenRat

Doesn't mean he can't give someone the story and have them apply their modding talents to it. Heck, if we knew the story, we could hold a contest to see who can make the best final version of Jenka's Nightmare.

Now THAT would be awesome.

May 25, 2010 at 7:02 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Even if we didn't know the story, that could be part of the contest, to make up the rest of the story that Shmitz left unfinished.