Cave Story: Jenka's Nightmare

Jun 29, 2007 at 1:29 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Shmitz said:
Holy crap I mangled Waterway exits and entrances.

i went through them fine..before this update here...
except i couldnt reach the health in the bottom left of the screen :p

Jun 29, 2007 at 9:18 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
ARGH! Third try at this bit, stupid reservoir. Maybe add an air pint part way?
bugger.png

Jun 29, 2007 at 11:34 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
CociCookie said:
ARGH! Third try at this bit, stupid reservoir. Maybe add an air pint part way?

If you don't have an air tank the robot won't let you through the door anyway. The fact that you're drowning should indicate that you're not supposed to go there just yet. =P

Jun 30, 2007 at 12:51 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Shmitz said:
If you don't have an air tank the robot won't let you through the door anyway. The fact that you're drowning should indicate that you're not supposed to go there just yet. =P

lol yeah, it took me like 3 minutes to get past the waves with the air tank :p

Jun 30, 2007 at 2:38 AM
"Huzzah!"
Oh wait, it's even possible to get past the waves? I had a bit of a nightmare trying to get around it, so I just broke down and went on to Genesis: Spirit (I'm at Source right now)... you *are* allowed to go there now, right? Seems odd with three different path choices... but not a bad thing. :p

Jun 30, 2007 at 3:03 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Xaser said:
Oh wait, it's even possible to get past the waves?

arn't you ment to get past them? it was hard but use the booster to slightly hover over them

Jun 30, 2007 at 4:45 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
2 things i want to say
1. balrog has a spelling mistake... did he only go to grade 3 spelling? :D (also i have win xp, ive just got the win 99 display to speed the comp since im on my laptop currently)
savesmaler.jpg

2.from this place im in now i dont know where to go.. could you tell me shmitz? :p

Jun 30, 2007 at 8:10 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Going off that picture, he is either A) Wondering if an item is safe to use or B) Talking about the save point!

Jun 30, 2007 at 12:07 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
CociCookie said:
Going off that picture, he is either A) Wondering if an item is safe to use or B) Talking about the save point!

nah he was saying that the teleporter just turned on and it looks save(safe) to use. i was just pointing the mistake for shmitz

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:00 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Shmitz, I love you. I love this mod.
So far it's going well, but I'm really REALLY stuck on the Gaudska-teers. I skipped the Monster X fight (don't worry, I'll find that great white critter on my next playthrough), made my way through the Revolutionarium, and I can't even get close to killing the Gaudska-teers. I managed to kill the first one a couple of times, but then died straight after. I've got 26 health too, so it's not as if I'm nearly dead anyway. Is there something I'm missing? I have the bubbler, missile launcher, and fireball.

EDIT: Never mind, I managed it. Had to use my life pot, though. I'm now back in the village, with 32 health. Is the village slightly different? If so, that's awesome how it fits in with the 'island changing' thing. I like to see that you removed the snake chest from a familiar cave, I had left it in the hopes of getting it now, but I like that it's not there.
When I went back to the labyrinth, I could talk to Sue through the computer, and she still said she wanted an address chip. And when I'm back in the village, the chest near the top left which contained a 5-missile upgrade, is empty as it should be, but still looks like an unopened chest.
Again, I really really love this mod. It's definetly my favourite, it really keeps the feeling of the original. Well done, and (please) keep up the amazing work!

Jul 2, 2007 at 12:15 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
can anyone tell me where to go, by going off my picture in a post earlier cos im really stuck ;)

Jul 2, 2007 at 12:57 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Could somebody help me? I'm really stuck on the Rabid Mimiga and 4 mutant Sues boss thing (after you change the control settings for the reservoir). Also I have 7 health and 70 ammo at max. Am I missing something? This game is fun but really challenging.

Jul 2, 2007 at 2:15 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
xristosx said:
can anyone tell me where to go, by going off my picture in a post earlier cos im really stuck ;)

You're pretty much done with the current version if you've gotten to that point.

Jul 2, 2007 at 8:03 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Shmitz said:
You're pretty much done with the current version if you've gotten to that point.

ah ok, thank you very much it is a very awesome mod so far ;)

Jul 5, 2007 at 2:24 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I seem to be stuck in the sand zone. I haven't figured out the teleporters and just keep going around and around.

Is there a walkthrough for Jenka's Nightmare? I feel like I missed a ton of stuff.

Jul 5, 2007 at 3:37 AM
"Huzzah!"
A few tips, without too many giveaways:

- Notice how the teleporters behave differently when you feed the dogs. Enter one, return, feed, and use it again to see what happens.

- A lonely puppy behaves differently from the rest. Getting to it is the hard part, however. :D

You'll see what I mean in due time. If you still can't figure it, check some of the earlier posts in this thread. There's a spoiler or two available. :p

Jul 5, 2007 at 5:12 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Xaser said:
A few tips, without too many giveaways:

- Notice how the teleporters behave differently when you feed the dogs. Enter one, return, feed, and use it again to see what happens.

- A lonely puppy behaves differently from the rest. Getting to it is the hard part, however. :D

You'll see what I mean in due time. If you still can't figure it, check some of the earlier posts in this thread. There's a spoiler or two available. :p

yeah this bit took me a hour or so to figure out, but i didnt know this awesome stuff could be done with cave story,
also the bit in the labyrinth looking map is really anoying to figure :D

Jul 13, 2007 at 11:54 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Fuel Cell

I just got the fuel cell, but I can't remember who told me to bring it back to them in order to upgrade my booster. Dohh! Does anyone remember?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank,
John

Jul 14, 2007 at 12:45 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
kraken said:
I just got the fuel cell, but I can't remember who told me to bring it back to them in order to upgrade my booster. Dohh! Does anyone remember?

There's only one person on the island who would be able to upgrade the Booster.

Bonus hint: Wait 'till you get out of the Labyrinth.

Jul 14, 2007 at 6:54 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'm at Genesis: Sky right now.

You've done an amazing job with this thing, and I salute you for it. :p

Also, it's on the hard side, but that appears to be the point.