Cave Story FanArt

Jan 5, 2022 at 6:02 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
a simple Quote drawing I made when I was bored (I think it looks decent for something done without too much commitment)
Reminds me of a certain hero:
images.png

I like it. Even simple drawings are worth sharing here.
Quote would look better with a nose, though.

Jan 5, 2022 at 12:58 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
a simple Quote drawing I made when I was bored (I think it looks decent for something done without too much commitment lol)
p376692-0-unknown.png
Not bad, I feel like I've seen that kind of art style before, but I can't really place my finger on it. Probably from something different than what Orbit showed. My favorite part of that drawing is the way you have Quote's scarf flowing in the wind.

Jan 6, 2022 at 7:11 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
a simple Quote drawing I made when I was bored (I think it looks decent for something done without too much commitment lol)
p376692-0-unknown.png
I think it looks really good. Which software do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Jan 6, 2022 at 7:17 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I think it looks really good. Which software do you use, if you don't mind me asking?
thanks since you asked i used a software called 'krita' to make this drawing.

Jan 17, 2022 at 10:19 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Not technically Cave Story but I didn't want to bump the 'Artwork and Stuff' thread.
p376777-0-amekero2.png

Ame and Kero enjoying a nice game of KadoAI!

(@Raichu I could've sworn I saw you requesting Ame art in the 'Request art here' thread. Did you make a post and delete it, or am I imagining things?)

Jan 17, 2022 at 3:37 PM
Based Member
Aw, that's cute. Technically not Cave Story, but it involves 2 characters from Pixel creations, so I'm in favor of letting it slide.

You're definitely not imagining things, I remember that post too. It was probably deleted because it was a necrobump on a thread whose original author has been inactive for years.

Jan 31, 2022 at 11:49 PM
Ah! Art!
Quote Head Sketches.jpg
It's been a while since I posted anything. Have some quotes I sketched on my sketchbook.
It's hard to keep the creativity flowing, so I thought I'd do something traditional. It's been a long time since I drew anything on paper, so I'm a little rusty.

Jan 31, 2022 at 11:50 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ah! Art!
It's been a while since I posted anything. Have some quotes I sketched on my sketchbook.
It's hard to keep the creativity flowing, so I thought I'd do something traditional. It's been a long time since I drew anything on paper, so I'm a little rusty.
What the heck!! These are soo cool!! I wanna see more sometime!!

Jan 31, 2022 at 11:54 PM
What the heck!! These are soo cool!! I wanna see more sometime!!
Ah, thank you. I might as well. Had fun drawing him and everything, and it would certainty help keep me drawing.

Feb 1, 2022 at 12:35 AM
Based Member
Heh, love the "..." look he gives holding Chaco's lipstick. Interesting how there's that one that you have of Quote looking down, it looks like he's more of a fully-grown man than a pre-pubescent boy.

Feb 1, 2022 at 1:02 AM
Heh, love the "..." look he gives holding Chaco's lipstick. Interesting how there's that one that you have of Quote looking down, it looks like he's more of a fully-grown man than a pre-pubescent boy.
It's a joke drawing I do whenever I draw someone young and cartoonish; Turning a smooth-faced character into an out-of-place adult, I think that's funny. Think of the old megaman cover art and how they butcher the original design.

Feb 1, 2022 at 9:30 AM
"Huzzah!"
Ah! Art!
Quote Head Sketches.jpg

nice job, your lineart's super clean and i like the shading on mimiga mask quote!

as for myself, i was gonna wait till i'd finished a comic to post here again, but i kinda gave up on it so... random stuff go!

couple silly curly sketches, i do a lot of doodles like these when i'm bored
1643707333355.png

silly christmas drawing
1643707728472.png

misery :]
1643707341506.png

experimenting with outlined sprites
1643707366728.png

my friend likes mimiga and i enjoy character design so sometimes i combine the two
1643707405018.png

misc. ocs of mine, i know it's not exactly *cave story* fanart but they're in the portrait style and they're all characters originally from or who are planned to appear in my mods, so...?
fayce.png

Feb 1, 2022 at 4:21 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
These are all excellent
I love Misery's extra-poofy pants
Also idk how you made all the mimiga look so distinct but they do look so unique and well-characterized. nice job!

Feb 1, 2022 at 8:02 PM
Based Member
Nice Eli, the face pics for the OCs and the Christmas drawing were my favorites. The attitudes of Misery and Curly very accurately reflected their characters and the situation that you have them in in Festive Quest.

Feb 4, 2022 at 12:26 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
did i ever post these two?

August 8, 2021 - The background looks nice but the shading's a little inconsistent and I don't like the discrepancy between the angle of the gun and arms lol
August.png
September 16, 2021 - a quick King, not too much of a fan of how I handled the background though
September.png

Feb 4, 2022 at 12:30 AM
Based Member
Not bad, Aqua. Obviously not expert level art, but probably better than what I could draw if I were to try my hand at it right now, and obviously you seem to already be thinking of ways you can improve them.

I liked the exhaust effect from the booster in the first picture, and in the second picture, I like the way you drew King's eye and I guess trailing scarf that he probably stole from Quote.

Feb 4, 2022 at 2:12 AM
Oh look. More art. This time with some color.
Critter Drawings.jpg
I dedicated a page to the critter and Quote. I don't think I have enough patience to do the same for the other enemies.
Figured out how difficult and tedious it was to use colored pencils, so I'll use them sparingly.

nice job, your lineart's super clean and i like the shading on mimiga mask quote!

as for myself, i was gonna wait till i'd finished a comic to post here again, but i kinda gave up on it so... random stuff go!
Thank you, thank you. You're line art is super expressive. My favorite's the Misery drawing.

Considering I looked through the whole forum before making my first post here, I don't think you did. I like your king drawing. Always a fan of big, confident lines and angles.

Feb 4, 2022 at 3:08 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I dedicated a page to the critter and Quote. I don't think I have enough patience to do the same for the other enemies.
Figured out how difficult and tedious it was to use colored pencils, so I'll use them sparingly.

Thank you, thank you. You're line art is super expressive. My favorite's the Misery drawing.

Considering I looked through the whole forum before making my first post here, I don't think you did. I like your king drawing. Always a fan of big, confident lines and angles.
Just wanna say you are VERY good at traditional art!! I'd love to see much!

August 8, 2021 - The background looks nice but the shading's a little inconsistent and I don't like the discrepancy between the angle of the gun and arms lol
View attachment 8199
September 16, 2021 - a quick King, not too much of a fan of how I handled the background though
View attachment 8200
I like these!! has so much charm!! Good jobb

Feb 4, 2022 at 3:43 AM
Based Member
That's some really good shading. The shading for Quote's hat, the topmost critter, and the "liquid trail" effect for the bottommost critter are really impressive. And nice little comical effect with the critter falling on top of Quote and knocking his hat off.

Apr 3, 2022 at 4:11 AM
Seems like this thread died for a moment. Don't worry, I have arts to show. In my desperate attempt to figure out how to have fun with drawing, I returned to regular ol' digital art for a change.

Warm-up sketches:
Character Doodles.png
Best way to start is to draw the only thing I can: Head portraits. The return is always the best part of digital drawing.

Then here's the sorry state of my sense of humor:
Mimiga Town Mayhem.png
Me + simplified doodles = nonsense

And then here's a drawing I spent some time on:
Jack Exp Design.png

I wanted to do something with design, so I gave the ever-so-forgettable Jack a new one. Brain usually goes on auto-pilot when I do these kinds of things, so I can't tell if it's all that good. I like the shading though, but boy was it tedious. Definitely struggled to have fun.

I think it's been years since I've really attempted anything with regular digital art. Nothing more than a few lines at least. I hope I can find a consistent way to enjoy it. My best work comes from this.