Cave Story Anniversary Picture

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:21 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Captain Fabulous said:
I save my avatars when I crop them, but I don't remember which ones I used when. I'm guessing you're thinking of either this one or this one.

umbreon feels like criminal scum.wmv
Nope, neither of them. =B To help you out here, the blue/purple tint was from the previous avatar. It had an expression of something like D8, but again it's been such a long time ago so my memory's foggy about that one.

Allright, i think i'm going to add 2-3 new people to the drawing when i have the chance. I have an art trade with someone right now so it might take a short while before it's updated

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:23 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Oh, Hex Maniac! I really like what you're doing, it's pretty cool!

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Feb 23, 2014 at 2:08 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
ElecMaw said:
-Most of these people i've drawn are based on their avatars, if they don't have a (suitable) one i checked on their profile if they have a oc's to use.
of course, I'm a combination of the two
which is good because there is no other way I'd rather be depicted

Feb 23, 2014 at 3:50 AM
Been here way too long...
ElecMaw said:
With some clever thinking, i managed to find the avatar in question somehow: http://web.archive.org/web/20130629030404im_/http://www.cavestory.org/forums/uploads/profile/photo-633.png?_r=1359855892
Seems like web crawlers really like your profile, fab. Still doesn't explain the idea of me giving you headgear, so just enjoy your new hat.
I also tried using the wayback machine, but it wouldn't display my avatar. Oh well. I remember having that avatar for a pretty long time, but I don't have it saved, which is odd. It's from Cucumber Quest, by the way.
I will enjoy the hat, thank you.

Feb 23, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Captain Fabulous said:
It's from Cucumber Quest, by the way.
Gotta love GigiDigi's art :D

So i added some people to the drawing (Bhad, LavaCat, Dinny, Roonil) but right now i hit the layer cap for good. =/

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/054/2/6/groupshotplus_by_elecmaw-d77o43a.png

And another prob came. I sketched out the whole thing beforehand, then lined it in and colored it in after so to make a more fitting whole. Trying to cram new people in there makes it akward imo and it's troubling to make them interact with the others, so yeah.

I'm feeling really tired right now about working on this drawing, sorry... zzz

Feb 23, 2014 at 5:09 PM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Sorry if I sound selfish or nit-picky for asking this, but is there a particular reason why I'm sleeping?

Feb 23, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
It probably isn't meant to symbolize anything, Nadojin, and definitely not anything negative...

Feb 23, 2014 at 5:50 PM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Speaking of which Fatih, where were you these past months?

Feb 23, 2014 at 7:05 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
This is utterly amazing.
Keep up the good work! :3

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I have to admit, when I first saw this picture I was taken aback. I didn't know what to say then, and probably don't know now; however, I will regret it forever if I don't express my gratitude for this. The amount of time you put into this might have been insane. And why? Why invest all that time?

But I suppose in the end, it is worth it. It truly is something memorable.

Feb 24, 2014 at 2:18 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Wowee, that's a pretty rad picture dawg.

Feb 24, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
The face " D: "

lol I love it! This would make a great poster...

Thanks for including me ElecMaw. ...I did not expect to show up xD
Creative touch using the alternate brush. I wondered what in the world you might do while avoiding cloning CS characters. So many members...

I'm about 50%-60% done with it but if it keeps getting worse then i might have to rescale it, which would really suck D:
Not sure if you're still changing it, but you could always try to divide it up, and put it back together again if it gets too huge. Haven't worked with SAI, but I would divide a huge image into maybe 4 parts? Keep all the layers for the images within the section, and for the rest, flatten; assuming you need to be able to see the big picture while you work.
Probably a bit unwieldy... but in any case, it's an awesome tribute already. <3

Feb 24, 2014 at 5:11 PM
The amount of time you put into this might have been insane. And why? Why invest all that time?
I was bored one day and suddenly i remembered that 15 march 2013 was the date i signed up, so i thought about something to make for my first year on these forums. Then gradually everything fell into place, funny how that works! :D
One missed opportunity is that halfway the drawing i thought of instead of having everyone balance on this one car, to have everyone on the (downscaled) floating island from Cave Story instead. Oh well.

Not sure if you're still changing it, but you could always try to divide it up, and put it back together again if it gets too huge. Haven't worked with SAI, but I would divide a huge image into maybe 4 parts? Keep all the layers for the images within the section, and for the rest, flatten; assuming you need to be able to see the big picture while you work.
Probably a bit unwieldy... but in any case, it's an awesome tribute already. <3
I thought about making it into different parts, too. Technically doable but it's going to be difficult posting/viewing it on here unless i divide it vertically. Simplifying the layers can work, but it'd be really hard to draw new shadows on the existing members so that plan hit a dead end aswell.
I covered most of the important/older members of this forum so yeah, probably going to leave it like this if you guys don't mind. :critter:

Feb 25, 2014 at 1:28 AM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
As far as I know, I wasn't included, then again, that's mostly my fault, I haven't exactly been very active this year, oh well...