Cave Story 2?

Aug 25, 2009 at 5:32 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
I think it depends on what gets better, really...

For MOST games #2 and beyond, it's mainly the graphics, and they take out something we like, and put something new in it's place.

And I don't think Cave Story could get much better, unless Pixel spends 5+ years on the sequel, which from my sources, sounds like a no.

Still find it funny when Balrog says, "Hiyah!"

Aug 25, 2009 at 6:16 AM
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Thank you for that... tidbit of vital information. About "Hiyah".
I can't think of a lot of games that weren't better the second time around. A lot of people hate on Halo 2 but that's mostly because of the plot, which I ignore now. Oh, and Super Mario Bros 2 sucked. Nevar forget.

Aug 25, 2009 at 6:36 AM
"..."
hmmm...Ok, I lost my train of thought, so my defense failed. Oh well, life goes on...

I still would have bought it if I saw it in stores. Even knowing nothing about it. It has that air of awesomeness to it.

Feb 13, 2011 at 7:17 PM
Banned
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I think that pixel is making Cave Story 2.If you think about it, the surface is way bigger than the floating island, and I think it needs to be explored.Also:
SPOILER ALERT!DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE GAME!!

1.When you beat Ballos, Balrog saves you and Quote,Curly, and Balrog all move somewhere to live.I think they go to the surface or an unknown part of the island.(Balrog and Misery teleported all over the island, they must know someplace secret.)

2.Cave Story is a major success, and fans like me will start to want something more.It'll bring in lots of money too, especially if it's released on Wiiware and DSiware again.

Feb 13, 2011 at 7:20 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
Feb 13, 2011 at 8:37 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Cave Story is already perfect. It would be like milking an old, but well preserved cow.

Feb 13, 2011 at 8:41 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
This totally wasn't said in the 3DS thread.

Feb 13, 2011 at 8:55 PM
Ghost in the clinic said:
SPOILER ALERT!DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE GAME!!
If you're really concerned about it, use
tags.

1.When you beat Ballos, Balrog saves you and Quote,Curly, and Balrog all move somewhere to live.I think they go to the surface or an unknown part of the island.(Balrog and Misery teleported all over the island, they must know someplace secret.)
They go live on the Surface and live happily ever after. There's no Cinderella 2, no Snow White 2, and there won't be a Cave Story 2 because Quote and Curly's adventures are finished. The next Cave Story would be a prequel, and that's IF there's another game...

2.Cave Story is a major success, and fans like me will start to want something more.It'll bring in lots of money too, especially if it's released on Wiiware and DSiware again.
Pixel isn't in it for the money. Video game development is a hobby of his that has grown into a second job, but not one that can support him if he quits his day job. He's doing all this stuff with Nicalis because we all love Cave Story and want to see more, but if he doesn't feel like making another one, he's not going to. Just play his new fish game.

Feb 13, 2011 at 9:00 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
@Ghost in clinic The closes thing to a Cave Story 2 now is maybe a mod called Jenka`s Nightmare. Pixel seems to don`t like mods though, so I suggest staying away. See the thread on CS 3DS - the sequel part of the article.

Feb 13, 2011 at 9:01 PM
Pixel won't make up his damn mind about that, either. He's acting more god-like all the time.

Feb 13, 2011 at 9:17 PM
"Huzzah!"
Well people have speculated in other threads about the whereabouts of the red crystal. But personally if there was a second one, i'd rather it a whole new story.

Cave Story isnt perfect, no game is perfect. So i'd be more than happy to see another attempt from Pixel. It'd be almost like a mod, by Pixel. And that sounds pretty sweet to me.

Feb 13, 2011 at 9:26 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I think after having his family and child Pixel concentrates less on games (since he hasn`t got the time. All his creations after CS were much weaker than CS) and more on earning money (Nicalis and stuff). If it pays off he`ll "give his name for the project" if nothing else. Like Akira Toriyama did for Dragonball GT, the name, nothing else. He might be involved more or less, that`s true. If there`s a demand there will be a supply.

Feb 15, 2011 at 1:07 AM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
The next Cave Story would be a prequel said:
In valkyrie lenneths adventures are over theres nothing else to do but then comes the sequel valkyrie 2.

Feb 15, 2011 at 1:58 AM
"..."
Here's hoping it doesn't end up like Star Control 3.

Feb 15, 2011 at 2:10 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
And here's hoping that a mimiga isn't a main character and Curly and Quote are just dumb bosses :mad:

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:59 PM
Banned
I just heard that they ARE making another Cave Story for the Nintendo 3DS.It might be a sequel,(very likely) or even just a 3D remake of CS.(that's cool too)Well, I can't wait!:awesomeface:

Feb 20, 2011 at 4:00 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
It's not a sequel
we have a whole thread for it....

Feb 20, 2011 at 4:03 PM
Banned
Ok, I'll search it.

Feb 20, 2011 at 5:22 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
You don't need to search much..considering it's one of the most current active topics in the Cave Story Discussion