Cave Story 2?

Mar 8, 2011 at 2:03 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Feed the fire as it may, some people need to step back and look at things

I'm sorry, typical dick and tag-along, can I not express dislike at having someone not knowing something, and then fix that for them? Reread, ignorance. That does not imply stupidity.
I am sorry if it came off as that, but I truly dislike it when people have only half the facts.
As for the contradiction, well, obviously you're not even reading half the things being typed. If I have to explain it, then you aren't reading.
Pick better targets next time you're up for another round of mud flinging, it's annoying enough as it is.

Mar 8, 2011 at 2:46 AM
Been here way too long...
Re: Everyone reads post titles, right guys?

Tpcool said:
Is there even a tenchar limit anymore? if there is, then don't be annoying about it and just put a bunch of spaces and then a period. your spaces will be contracted to look like just one, but it will count as many chars.

Also, I have to side with void on this. Ignorance is fine, as long as you are willing to correct your mistakes. Don't be stupid about being ignorant.

Mar 8, 2011 at 3:06 AM

It's your form, not your content, that I was parodying, but thanks for getting butthurt over it anyway.

@Lace and Tpcool: No, there is no character limit anymore. It wasn't doing much good, don't you agree?

Mar 8, 2011 at 3:10 AM
pfff I had't even read your post yet.
upon reading it, I agree with you.

and darn that was 257.

Mar 8, 2011 at 3:32 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Unless you enjoy it, though...

Well, then I apologize for misunderstanding and your dislike of my form.
But if you dislike it, you might as well ignore my posts, and if you dislike 'butthurt', well, you know what would help stop it.

Mar 8, 2011 at 9:07 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."

Lace said:
Is there even a tenchar limit anymore? if there is, then don't be annoying about it and just put a bunch of spaces and then a period. your spaces will be contracted to look like just one, but it will count as many chars.
Ok, I wasn't aware of this.
Captain Fabulous said:
@Lace and Tpcool: No, there is no character limit anymore. It wasn't doing much good, don't you agree?
Yes, I suppose I do agree!

Mar 9, 2011 at 1:53 AM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I believe in an interview, Pixel said himself that, and I ***Quote*** "There is a very good chance for Cave Story 2 being made" Since I am new on the forums, can I say the company that did the interview with Pixel? or is that against the rules?

Apr 4, 2011 at 9:46 PM
Member Title
Apr 5, 2011 at 1:00 AM
We already talked about that interview. Notice the date: Feb 10, 2011. In another interview right afterwards, Pixel said there would be no sequel. See why we're confused?

Apr 5, 2011 at 1:01 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
He's just setting it up so that he can do whatever he wants. This way he can either make it or not, and not really have to care about what he said in interviews.

Apr 5, 2011 at 1:07 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Pixel is a master of duplicity

Apr 5, 2011 at 1:42 AM
Member Title
Captain Fabulous said:
We already talked about that interview. Notice the date: Feb 10, 2011. In another interview right afterwards, Pixel said there would be no sequel. See why we're confused?

I know, and I tried to delete the double post but it wouldn't go away:(

Apr 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Or he's just very indecisive. Or has split personality disorder.
Besides that, if he wants to make one, I hope it'll be even more fun (if that's possible) and exciting. Go Pixel~ hopefully reoccurring characters, since I always like those. But if he doesn't want to make a sequel hopefully he won't get forced into it, or like someone said before, I hope one won't be made without him. Cause then it won't be the same, and will probably suck. Like Cinderella 2. And 3.

Apr 9, 2011 at 12:14 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
AkitoKitty said:
Cause then it won't be the same, and will probably suck. Like Cinderella 2. And 3.

If Cave Story is money - there will be supply with or without Pixel...hope won`t end up like Dragonball GT...

Apr 15, 2011 at 1:51 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I don't think we should 100% the possibility that Quote and Curly are the protagonists of CS2, it might be more or less anything as long as

- Demon Crown
- Mimigas
- Bubbler

...are present. Are those 3 things there, it's a Cave Story, no matter if it is a prequel, a sequel, or a card-based TDS spinoff.

I seriously hope the protagonist is a female mimiga.

Apr 16, 2011 at 8:53 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
If I could play like Balrog that`d be the best thing ever.

Apr 16, 2011 at 9:52 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I dont think Cave Story 2 will happen.
But I do think on the other hand Pixel realizes that fans want new CS based material, Thats why in the upcoming Cave Story 3D's, The area named Wind Fortress (An idea which was ditched in the BETA process) is been put into the game.

I don't think he doesn't want to make Cave Story 2, But as he said the Ideas he had for the CS universe were all just about put into the game.
He wouldn't want to force ideas out because the game wouldn't be all that good.

That said though, Pixel knows in his head all about his characters and there past, So making a prequel would seem to hold a lot more potential than a sequel....

Apr 16, 2011 at 10:13 PM
A old relic from older days
"..."
Captain Fabulous said:

I knew about the interview where he said there was a good chance of a sequel, but when did the latter interview happen? I'm having trouble finding it.

May 17, 2011 at 10:07 PM
/end
What would Cave Story 2 be about anyway? The wonderful life of Quote, Curly and Balrog?