Apr 7, 2008 at 12:32 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
lvl.1 bubbler vs Balrog (second fight). :eek:

Apr 7, 2008 at 12:56 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
How about Ballos first form 3 HP any weapon but with no booster?

I'm not actually sure that's possible. He is short enough to jump over, right?

Apr 7, 2008 at 12:59 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
andwhyisit said:
lvl.1 bubbler vs Balrog (second fight). :eek:

are you gonna specify 3hp?
because if not thats easy, if you do :/ ill give it a try if someone can post a save

Apr 7, 2008 at 1:13 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Celtic Minstrel said:
I still don't think that's Igor. Igor was killed in the Egg Corridor.
Igor didn't die there... Igor's body never disappeared. You notice when people die a permadeath their body vanishes? Booster *pop*, Toroko *pop*, Quote *pop*, Igor just is there still, and he appears on the balcony later... so it's probably him.

Apr 7, 2008 at 1:16 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
X-Calibar said:
Igor didn't die there... Igor's body never disappeared. You notice when people die a permadeath their body vanishes? Booster *pop*, Toroko *pop*, Quote *pop*, Igor just is there still, and he appears on the balcony later... so it's probably him.

the balcony eh?
oh yeah..., but what happens if you kill him then go inside the house and then hes outside again :eek: does he have clones

Apr 7, 2008 at 1:52 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
xristosx said:
the balcony eh?
oh yeah..., but what happens if you kill him then go inside the house and then hes outside again :eek: does he have clones
I think it has something to do with one of those laws of video gaming paradoxes, dimensions or something I read it once lol

No matter how many times you kill some enemies, as soon as you change dimensions [go into a house], everything goes back to the way it was. Including destroyed blocks etc, and even some items lol

EDIT: maybe it means they aren't supposed to be killed? So to make things right with the world they appear unharmed after you come back ;p
I'll have to think about a better explanation later lol must find food!

Apr 7, 2008 at 2:57 AM
Slacker
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Lyger said:

This is interesting enough to try =o

Apr 7, 2008 at 3:01 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Chaddykins said:
This is interesting enough to try =o

yeah i think it is too, it would be pretty hectic, you might be able to jump him

Apr 7, 2008 at 5:21 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
xristosx said:
are you gonna specify 3hp?
because if not thats easy, if you do :/ ill give it a try if someone can post a save
Sorry. Yeah its 3hp. :o
A save isn't needed since you have the bubbler by that point anyway.

Apr 7, 2008 at 12:13 PM
Slacker
Lyger said:

Quoting it again har har..

After testing it a little, Ballos can't be jumped over, cause when you try he just dashes up and destroys you. But you can avoid his attacks and kill him =x And it's actually quite easy. You just run away from him as he's charging you on the ground, and then when he gets somewhat close, just jump the same way you were running. He'll try to dash up to catch you and miss, and then as you're falling he'll dash at you in the air but you'll be too low by the time he does that for him to hit you. You can then either continue running the same direction, or run under where he's about to land.

Also Ballos doesn't attack quickly unless you hurt him a lot, so if you're worried about getting backed against the wall you can just hold your fire while he's standing and just simpy jump over him.

edit- Without a booster, the only weapons that could kill Ballos' 2nd form are any lv Fireball,Lv3 Bubbler, Lv 3 Blade, and Lv 3 Machine Gun I think. Just stuff I was testing =x

another edit- I guess he can be jumped over if you jump right as he begins to charge, but if he's already coming at you full speed, jumping over him is impossible >_>

Apr 13, 2008 at 4:15 PM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Yo Chad the Muskabeatz guy first time talking to ya. I thought of something just now, why not do hell without ya Booster? I mean after room 1 or like that? All you need is extreme skillz and that ain't problem for you, no? Using Machinegun is permitted too. (please request delete of this message if it's already done somewhere)

Apr 13, 2008 at 4:57 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
So, a hell run where you dequip the booster after the first room? I wonder if that's possible... there's that one place in the third room - the area with three deleets - which I'm not sure you could do without the booster.

Apr 14, 2008 at 2:21 AM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
I don't think any part of B3 is impossible without the booster, jumping wise... taking damage, obviously, well, you're gonna fall on spikes.

EDIT: Nope, I checked. You definitely need some kind of booster or the MG to get past one of the first jumps in B3.

You know one of these days I'm gonna create a Hell mod where the first room is called "2B" and the second room is called "Not 2B"...

Apr 14, 2008 at 5:22 AM
Slacker
freezit4 said:
Yo Chad the Muskabeatz guy first time talking to ya. I thought of something just now, why not do hell without ya Booster? I mean after room 1 or like that? All you need is extreme skillz and that ain't problem for you, no? Using Machinegun is permitted too. (please request delete of this message if it's already done somewhere)

I may give it a shot =o

Any other rules on this besides no booster?

Apr 14, 2008 at 10:27 AM
Slacker
freezit4 said:

Quote comboooo har har

Started trying this substituting the Booster for the Lv3 Machine Gun, after adding exp capsules at the beginning of B1 to make it possible to get through. I also made it where you don't get Curly, and with 3 hp =o I made it to Heavy Press and did something dumb and died for it hahah. B2 is pretty hard with no Booster..and I think Ballos 4th form will be extremely hard..

As a side note =x anyone know how to make the screen not shake like someone having a seizure throughout B1 and B2? It's really annoying, and when I try to record it makes it skip a lot of frames while recording =x

Apr 14, 2008 at 11:47 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
theres probably something im forgetting or i didnt realise here but every time you want to do one of these challenges do have to start a new game and overwrite your old one, or is there a way to have more then one game/file

Apr 14, 2008 at 12:04 PM
Slacker
Sometimes people make save files, other times I just make my owns using a couple programs to edit cave story =x

I also have a buncha different Cave Story folders for different things/challenges just cause it's easier to manage than having a bunch of different save files to swap in and out of one Cave Story folder.

Apr 14, 2008 at 1:00 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Chaddykins said:
Sometimes people make save files, other times I just make my owns using a couple programs to edit cave story =x

I also have a buncha different Cave Story folders for different things/challenges just cause it's easier to manage than having a bunch of different save files to swap in and out of one Cave Story folder.
Speaking of which, do you need a profile.dat made for any on these?

Apr 15, 2008 at 12:02 AM
Slacker
andwhyisit said:
Speaking of which, do you need a profile.dat made for any on these?

Nah, thanks though =o

I just need to figure out how to stop Hell from shaking. It's weird cause it stops at B3.. :p

Jul 14, 2008 at 11:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Here is a hard one.

Any weapon, any item, any hp amount, vs the core, no jumping.

Don't know if it is possible but someone give it a shot for me.