Blood Eclipse

Oct 31, 2023 at 6:54 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
IdAUIU6qk9TYXfysU5bMyHINaTCTB577bp43Ro2IrcNS4Iy2wnkd-XY5wXGQBnY1Atdh9Y12YoTB25DZFfFRONN-i3H1cOxEnBqupm6TF2uUTy7eklERBRSk85SXaoYlEaoD2Bhn7_ed9ZZfTE_vgW4

Here’s something that'll scare the pants off you this Halloween...

The legend of the Blood Eclipse has been lost to time, and no one foresaw its return. It is the unholy fusion of a blood moon and a solar eclipse, signaling the arrival of the vilest creatures from hell and its dreaded curse. The quaint town of Linsdale has been brought to a standstill. Four teenagers, bound by fate, find themselves face-to-face with the unholy eclipse. Will they survive and solve the mystery, or perish by its curse?

What you should be afraid of:
  • Castlevania inspired gameplay
  • 4 Playable characters with their own weapons & abilities
  • Lots of secret paths and hidden items to be found
  • The horrible mystery of the dreaded Blood Eclipse, which has yet to be discovered!

[Download, if you dare...]

gir3MlDjW5UilH18qX62JZp7e1yZPsbmpjwWkaDFhKygUpWomRW2CTqs3c-4U6G5jbwLCwlPsf3ZPvpE2zGnx0tL6IOhVzkiTXkeEFQGo0otSIbJeVP56avmcpvmgP_F8vChCt3nfb8Dr7TcCMtwIzE

gh0xDg_bNRjCVUoLFEjTuRQ3YvZavi82_yNldwzhB4m_BTFv7TR6AaGNWI67N7wEXR9rNsCVHHgdPjsW407TKBQUeFsDbFO4pjibEtBC3B2irBot06NTVnWrzWlpKmuJ8CC-SqG6nOSDbrgbLX6aUQE

UGA6_LM2_pNeXI8cVI4d9iQG60fR1VVZC5sbEVTb77Puf3B2Z0lrMGbQt1k1Ju0X-x92qJnreq6YY4LSkq0u0gU0me0MTyRt1-63u4qufxAKc6qKTULHjKRqIuzMViznp39Sxea-auKYMtwyZ9j1nuE

tI-IqdUkMQSzvt0SBgCY7XEkLU_RADa0LDcaf-lQwUcCYKR0AE42E6HpzjKsF9EMtDA2mDHB77VNHmKLtg8m1ns8grPTaxiL7KyXbhevjs-Wy23AjhNdS1m5l2uf6D9xrp7P-wO1f3bQJC5q9-EKDXE

BOO!
Dcmm5g0WwWrnDygprceRNPSuRXximHdAn7afp47Z74WEEg9sKCT-oBuPRnEI4xbpmY3_kQ2VxNYKcNu6BksJz_Nur_kS1cbl2Ipt8e7f5SnEOV-zjN240h8Vp37jkijYLfW8uZIuAKW2w82y7RGySgU

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2023 at 7:14 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Nov 2, 2023 at 1:48 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I guess it's past due that someone went full vania

Threw myself at it a few times until I got a feel for it. It's probably about the right difficulty for what it's going for but I don't especially feel like messing around until I find out where all the secrets are. There were a few places outside I couldn't figure out how to get up to. The flames give the impression of being a lot more numerous than necessary, it's already easy to get plenty of money and they distract somewhat from moving forward. Most of the weapons were useful (found the bombs a bit underwhelming), and the movement usually wasn't too hard to control, though that slipperier style of physics has never really been my thing. Arts/graphics are superb, if a bit rough on the visibility at times, and I do appreciate the subtle changeups between characters even though again one at once is enough for moi.

I have confidence the full truth will be revealed some other spook season :awesomeface:

Nov 4, 2023 at 6:36 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Hey, this was exciting. Lots of action and spooky secrets to uncover. Mostly played with Halley, so imagine my surprise when I started using Alice! Different enemy setup, mechanics, etc. Very nice.
Particularly enjoyed the graphics and song variations too. Would have liked a few cutscenes pertaining to the characters or secrets; but it was a blast nonetheless!

Not sure if I uncovered everything... I managed to reach the Shadow Sphere and saw several odd exchanges at the Club, depending on what item I brought. Not sure what the Silver Bible does there honestly... And not sure if the Sphere does anything on the bridge. Wonder if I need to do something else to unlock a different outcome. Haven't tried the ghost yet though! One more playthrough to go~

Only ran into a few bugs: Drowning halts progress. When restarting, your character is missing. (Show character command maybe?)
Also, using the Cross on the rib door fired an unending attack that prevented scripts from running. Ended up falling off the side and drowning/melting. Not sure how to fix that... Maybe put an object that can be only be hit by the cross, and if it's hit; reload the room?