Before Story Beta 0.2.1!

Nov 19, 2014 at 9:10 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
When I saw this, I just gave up on the topic at hand. Also, why are you asking me to make it, when you all said I suck at modding. Maybe to make an example that it will always be horrible...

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:16 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
Bionicobot said:
When I saw this, I just gave up on the topic at hand. Also, why are you asking me to make it, when you all said I suck at modding. Maybe to make an example that it will always be horrible...
Perhaps because if you give up while under the pressure of others, why did you start in the first place?
Also because practice mods are great but not to be released on the forums. Practice mods.

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:20 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Bionicobot said:
First off, I believe I was asked to make the mod. Though I won't be starting on it soon. Second, are you really going to have "I suck at modding" put you down?

Nov 21, 2014 at 12:02 AM
beep boop
New version! Beta edition is out!
Edit: Thanks to randolf for the <MIM command installation! Can't wait for the new gameplay mechanics.

Nov 21, 2014 at 5:28 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
The lazor is the most useless weapon ever, aside from the fact that it's a constant level 3 platinum sword. Charging it up is pretty useless when you can just repeatedly shoot for more damage. I suggest buffing it, removing it, or nerfing the platinum sword (i suggest nerfing the plat. sword, since it already one hits every normal enemy, and makes quick work of the bosses) In addition to this, the life capsule in sand zone respawns if you leave the area. Whoops?
EDIT: also, shouldn't Jenka have her dogs with her?

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:56 PM
beep boop
Jenka shouldn't be in this yet! Also, that capsule is the debug capsule. Sorry I didn't remove it. I will nerf the platinum sword, though. Also make the charge shorter.
Edit: Chargeing problem will be in the next update, but here is Beta 0.1.7! It was already made, so yeah.

Edit 2: Now working on Comma's side of the story. Will be right after going into the Castle at the end.

Nov 22, 2014 at 12:35 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Has there been any screenshots of the mod yet, aside from people playing?

Please, post screenshots. (Because you haven't made any screenshots in the first post since day 1, if you have, I suggest moving them there)
[Ctrl+Prtscrn, paste in paint or something, resize until it fits the window, finish]

Nov 22, 2014 at 12:38 AM
beep boop
Sure, I would love to!
Edit: How does 222 screenshots sound? Major spoilers, so I have kept them in my sprites and stuff folder. Shows everything so far. Will also produce an update to fix game breakers.

Nov 22, 2014 at 3:25 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
please do not post 200+ screenshots thanks

Nov 22, 2014 at 3:27 AM
beep boop
I did not post them, but you can view them in my gallery. They are in the sprites and stuff sub-section. I got kinda into the process of taking screenshots, so yeah...

Nov 22, 2014 at 3:30 AM
"Huzzah!"
Spirit Drifter said:
please do not post 200+ screenshots thanks
I agree, you shouldn't post 200+ screenshots.
You should post 200+ videos! :orangebell: (Not really)

Nov 22, 2014 at 3:34 AM
beep boop
Damn it! I need to get a computer recorder, otherwise my mod for my science project will never get done... Why did I decide on doing that. When it's finished, I could post it if you want. It'll be short, and on the topic of the redshift thing with how moving closer or farther away will tint something red or blue.

Nov 22, 2014 at 3:47 AM
"Huzzah!"
Bionicobot said:
my mod for my science project will never get done...

What?! You do Cave Story mods for your Science class? Dang it, all my class ever does is boring Physics... :(

Nov 23, 2014 at 6:28 PM
beep boop
I'm in a GT class, but I get the really fun part as well. Editing the video. My partner only has a phone, so yeah... Anyway, got video recording software!
Edit: All development will be slowed greatly because my computer's screen colors got inverted somehow, and I will have to use my tv screen to mod, which means my time is greatly reduced. Sorry.

Nov 23, 2014 at 6:37 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
Or just look into un-inverting the colours.

Nov 23, 2014 at 8:36 PM
scrungy
Bionicobot said:
Anyway, got video recording software!

Please don't tell me it's screencast-o-matic

Nov 23, 2014 at 9:48 PM
beep boop
Thanks, bur the screen is still a much darker shade. It's really frustrating.

Nov 23, 2014 at 9:49 PM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
how about you
adjust the brightness level of your computer