Artwork and Stuff

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:27 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
While i'm against copy-and-pasting other artstyles, re-drawing other drawings that inspire you is certainly not a bad idea. You'll be able to see the more subtle ideas that the artist put in her/his work which you might not have picked up just by looking at it. Not saying that you should make an entire replica but a simple black-white drawing works just fine too, the real point is to understand why it's drawn this way and why it's appealing to you!
Most notably is that people seem to miss out on the techniques of streching and squashing, exaggeration and all that fun stuff. When just drawing from real-life you could start to think that anatomy should be adhered by with an iron fist, and that any deviancy from your inner 3D model of a human being is automatically terrible. It's a good idea if you want to draw realistic and only realistic stuff, but with cartoons it would be useful to break anatomy every now and then to exaggerate emotions/poses. Taking this for example by one of my favorite artists, Vivzmind. Note how the fox's smile is streching all the way to the side of the face and allmost to the ear, it's anatomically impossible but it still just looks better that way!

You really shouldn't publish these replica drawings anywhere though, that's pointless when there's a better version out there (not to mention it's kinda jerkish to the author). It really isn't something to be ashamed of as a learning tool, as i've noticed your mind seems to pick up other artstyles subconsiously anyway. From when i've made my beginnings in art i've been drawing with the same guy for years, and as a result our artstyles are still kinda similar over the years. He likes anime a lot and you can kinda see that back in his art aswell.
But even then, like Dorsu said draw w/e you want. If you don't give a shit about exaggeration, ignore it and just do things like you've done as always. Don't let people tell you what you should be drawing if you don't like it.

Whoa, i'm rambling for a bit again :orangebell: Nice drawing, BLink! Ever thought of drawing other birds? You seem to be pretty good at that.

Apr 7, 2014 at 6:37 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
ElecMaw said:
the real point is to understand why it's drawn this way and why it's appealing to you!

Whoa, i'm rambling for a bit again :orangebell: Nice drawing, BLink! Ever thought of drawing other birds? You seem to be pretty good at that.

Yes, I've been getting over the hurdle of "why" it's drawn that way.

Taking this for example by one of my favorite artists, Vivzmind. Note how the fox's smile is streching all the way to the side of the face and allmost to the ear, it's anatomically impossible but it still just looks better that way!
that's a really neat pic.

You really shouldn't publish these replica drawings anywhere though, that's pointless when there's a better version out there (not to mention it's kinda jerkish to the author). It really isn't something to be ashamed of as a learning tool, as i've noticed your mind seems to pick up other artstyles subconsiously anyway.
I never though of it that way...

I want to do more original art, the only "good" art that I've done is This, this, and possibly this.

But what do you mean by copying styles? Everything you think (imagination) is based of something else somewhere.

But even then, like Dorsu said draw w/e you want. If you don't give a shit about exaggeration, ignore it and just do things like you've done as always. Don't let people tell you what you should be drawing if you don't like it.
Yes, the last thing we all need is others controling our lives, especially at a hobby that we do for OUR OWN entertainment/

Nice drawing, BLink! Ever thought of drawing other birds? You seem to be pretty good at that.

Thanks, I though It honestly wasn't near as good as my other drawings.

Apr 15, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Bad quality because I took it with my laptop's webcam, so it looks terrible but I'll take a better picture later.

p103176-0-2n7165j.jpg

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:02 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
WoodenRat said:
Bad quality because I took it with my laptop's webcam, so it looks terrible but I'll take a better picture later.

p103176-0-2n7165j.jpg
Oh wow, that's great!

What kind(s) of pencil did you use?

Apr 15, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Pirate Member
Pretty hard ones. Mostly B and HB, maybe 2B somewhere too.

Apr 15, 2014 at 11:57 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
woodenrat the B pencils are the soft ones

Apr 16, 2014 at 12:03 AM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
Noxid said:
woodenrat the B pencils are the soft ones
Yes, but they apply darker colors

p103180-0-drawingpencils.jpg

I need to get some 5-9H pencils myself

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Pirate Member
they're hard compared to the other ones I currently have Noxid come at me bro.

Apr 19, 2014 at 2:29 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
good but may wanna lift dat booty a bit and give it more plumpness yknow

Apr 19, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Professional Whatever
Good to know, thanks for the input

Apr 24, 2014 at 11:14 PM
Another one of those art trades

p103186-0-acedetectivesbyelecmawd7ftmln.png

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:15 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
So I tried to draw Quote:

(Warning, fairly large image)

p103187-0-nd3eic.png

Apr 27, 2014 at 11:11 PM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
p103188-0-6aimkae.png
p103188-1-sxf8bag.png

Apr 28, 2014 at 1:46 AM
Hoxtilicious
Damn Obonga, I love your artwork mate, did I ever tell you?

Apr 28, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Pirate Member
p103190-0-head.jpg

Apr 28, 2014 at 8:00 PM
The TideWalker
"That dog!"
WoodenRat said:
Wow, that looks even better now that I can see it more clearly!

Great job.

Apr 30, 2014 at 3:23 PM
p103192-0-warschewickzbyelecmawd7gkdka.jpg