Artwork and Stuff

Dec 11, 2023 at 12:27 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
What a festive picture of Misery! I also like all the ones from the previous post. Keep up the great work!

Dec 11, 2023 at 1:01 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Oh that's awesome! The ones in the previous post were okay, but I love the one of Misery blowing snow out of her hands. It's simple, yet the visuals are really captivating and expressive. I especially like the effect of the snow blowing out of her hands in fragments, that was really well done. Also nice touch with the snow Balrog.

Dec 12, 2023 at 5:25 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Thank you guys!
After Cave Story I just want to see her happy sooooo uhhh

Here's another one
mizzy2.png

Dec 15, 2023 at 11:26 PM
Based Member
That is pretty good. I like the expression on Misery's face. It suggests that she's relaxing and feeling comfortable, and yet seemingly pondering something or maybe sharing an intimate moment with someone who's out of frame. I also like the fog effect of the heat coming from her cup of what looks like hot chocolate. Very warm vibe.

Dec 20, 2023 at 6:27 AM
War criminal
Oh hey, I made a couple draws for the holidays, who would've thought?
zy28oh.png
o7x9x2.png

Dec 20, 2023 at 11:01 PM
Based Member
Heh, that second one is kind cute, with the way that they're pulling apart and looking a bit embarrassed as if someone just walked in on them during a festive make out session. And the joint drool is a nice touch that captures the feeling of it being kinda gross but also showing a clear connection between the two.

Jan 2, 2024 at 11:58 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
It's still the start of January, happy new year everybody!

Wish you a very Cave Story-ful year :orangebell::pignon:

2024_mis.png

Jan 28, 2024 at 12:16 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
F*ck it, new OCs:
Player 1 and Player 2

Player 1 and Player 2.png
Player 1 and Player 2 Full Bodies.png

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 8:40 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
i haven't drawn anything proper in like a year (and still counting)
this is only a sketch but it's clean enough to share
it's not likely that it's getting past this phase, so whatever : P it's better than nothing, considering motivation is hard to come by
24-02-08.png

Feb 9, 2024 at 5:55 AM
War criminal
Have a very summer-y drawing considering it's still winter where i'm at.
im663d.png

Feb 11, 2024 at 4:58 PM
hi hi
despite not exactly being in the mood or wanting to draw, i decided to try my hand at drawing something similar to what i posted here the last time. it turned out fine, so i figured i could post it here. no reason not to, right?

24-02-11.png

Feb 12, 2024 at 3:29 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Nice sketches @Hina, the proportions/anatomy looks very correctly done and the lineart is really clean. Getting yourself to draw when you're not in the mood is also pretty impressive (I could never do that, haha). I would love to see these coloured some day! (no pressure though, of course)

@Serri neat art but one thing that's bugging me is that it feels like the right and left sides of the coat don't behave similarly in terms of how they conform to the body. Could just be an illusion though, not sure

Feb 12, 2024 at 3:03 PM
hi hi
@IdioticBaka1824 your request for no pressure has been noted and ignored. too many people, including yourself, have been asking to see this worked upon and/or with colours, so here's some basic flat colouring.
24-02-08 repaint.png
i deliberately ignored giving too much detail to eyes, even though that was always my thing, to keep it all pretty simplistic. i hope it hasn't taken away from the final result.

Feb 21, 2024 at 3:58 PM
hi hi
i got sick last week but i'm better now. this means i basically stopped drawing for a few days but i think i'm back on track again, although i'll probably be slow no matter what
anyway, here's a new line thingy because i still feel like i'm not ready for proper lineart
24-02-14 (finished 02-21).png

Feb 27, 2024 at 5:34 PM
hi hi
today i felt like being lazy and i ended up treating the sketch like lineart and doing some sort of shading underneath it
maybe i shouldn't be sharing every single thing that i draw, but then again, i actually don't do that
practice is practice, right?
marisa scribble.png

Feb 28, 2024 at 12:55 AM
War criminal
That's a very cute Marisa draw :heart:

Mar 12, 2024 at 9:49 PM
hi hi
hi hi
me again. i didn't want to post in succession so i waited for a while. now i have a small assortment of things to share with you.

just a Marisa sketch i made soon after i posted the picture above. simple stuff that i used for practicing lines
marisa 2.png

Marisa about to eat a really large burger. someone somewhere gave me an idea and i delivered. i also realised i really can't draw food. simple lines & basic colours, but the end result looks nice!
marisa burgir coloured.png

these were made with no soul and no motivation, but i still wanted to draw something that day (the day remains unspecified because i don't remember anything)
sakuyas.png

this one i finished today and shading absolutely fried my brain. i should have taken breaks. i hated doing non-simple lineart (actual line weights and whatnot? revolting) but the end result... let's say it paid off. all my complaining actually led somewhere for sure.
sakuya maid final.png
sakuya maid fioutline.png

please enjoy these and have a good day!

Mar 13, 2024 at 6:12 AM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Dang, these look really professional, great job! There's a bunch of different kinds of stuff you're showing with different drawings here (sketch, lines, colouring, shading etc.) so it's interesting to see that sort of variety. Somehow you make it sound like you're new to some of these, but your results look like that of someone with an experienced hand. Out of curiosity, how long have you been drawing?

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:13 AM
hi hi
Dang, these look really professional, great job! There's a bunch of different kinds of stuff you're showing with different drawings here (sketch, lines, colouring, shading etc.) so it's interesting to see that sort of variety. Somehow you make it sound like you're new to some of these, but your results look like that of someone with an experienced hand. Out of curiosity, how long have you been drawing?
i picked up digital art in mid-2022, kept drawing on and off for half a year and then i ditched it for almost a year. came back to it recently
art in general i've been doing (also on and off) for so long i couldn't really tell you how long it's been.

it might sound like i don't know what i'm doing because i don't. i'm trying out new things and remembering old techniques in search of some semblance of a style so i could actually call myself an artist. i'm still in the experimentation phase but the results are actually beating my old drawings by a mile, quality-wise. it's a bit sad, but at the same time, some improvement goes a long way, or something
thank you Baka, always good to see you comment

Mar 31, 2024 at 7:20 PM
hi hi
hi hi, cave story people. it's me again. it's always me, in the end.
my motivation hasn't left me yet so here's more stuff i've drawn over the course of the past two weeks. it's mostly Mio from hololive because she's been on my mind a lot.
the newer drawings have been getting quite a few views in a short amount of time, and my brain enjoyed that for the most part. i've been asked a few times if i do commissions and it all makes me think that i made some progress in the art department. it is still an exhausting hobby, especially if i end up wanting a fully coloured picture and i spend over 7 hours on shading basically in a single sitting... please take breaks.

anyway, here's Mio in her hoodie outfit, in grayscale. i was asked about colours on this piece but i haven't got to actually adding them in yet. maybe i'll manage to make a few different versions, like full colour, and only coloured accents? (like her eyes, hair streak and the hairpin?)
in this piece, i started using the airbrush again for more than just cheek blush. i'm very slowly reintroducing the concept of ambient light and backlight into the drawing process. it'll take a while, but i'm making tiny steps towards it. maybe i'll get into smooth shadows at some point as well.
mio s1.png

after that piece, i had a busy weekend. lots of physical work on saturday, somewhat sore arms and hands. stopped me from trying to draw for a few days, but i got a sketch out pretty soon.
it was Mio. again. this time in her casual outfit, because while browsing her costumes for references for the previous piece, i took a liking to the other costume. no other choice but to draw it too.
thus, casual outfit Mio sketch was born. i had no energy (nor plans) to do any colouring, so it stays like this.

mio s2 sketch.png

the next thing is a small Chen drawing i made in response to somebody. no thoughts, all smiles. at least it turned out cute. i don't know how to draw happiness, though.
chen s.png

afterwards, i spent a few days thinking about an idea for a full drawing. i went through two before finally picking something so simple that no plans were ever needed. i even simplified it afterwards. it was supposed to be a head shot at an angle but include the shoulders, and it ended up being just the head because i "felt like it". i also realised today that i forgot to add shading in one spot and it's going to bug me now because i don't want to update a drawing. i'll have to do better next time.
this drawing gets slightly more use out of the airbrush tool, again. mostly for glow and backlight purposes. the more techniques i try out, the more i have for future use...
mio s4.png

still not perfect, but all the attention these got me kept me going. i want to keep drawing, even though it's hard. it's a hobby that i really needed, at least.
please enjoy these, and have a good day, if possible.